: Onstar disconnect ?s

The Rex
01-03-12, 02:00 PM
When disabling the Onstar module is it sufficient to remove just a fuse to completely disable the systems & all it's functions,
or is disconnecting the module required?

If it's only a fuse, which fuse panel & fuse system description/ fuse# is it?

SouthernCaddy
01-03-12, 02:34 PM
Why would you do that? I love having it on my wife's truck for her protection.

krieghoff
01-03-12, 03:34 PM
What would OnStar do for her?

MrHolland
01-03-12, 07:23 PM
It would probably do the same thing for his wife as it would do for mine. If she has a wreck its possible it would alert first responders, it could also unlock the car if she were not able to unlock the door for whatever reason and it may even diagnose certain problems or potential problems with the car. You should look into it, although it does cost a little extra, some people don't mind paying for the added security.

ESCALADE132
01-03-12, 08:48 PM
I love having my OnStar

The Rex
01-04-12, 04:14 PM
This thread was not meant to be a debate of the virtues on Onstar, simply a question about options to disable it.
Onstar does have it's merit, and is a valuable tool for those who choose utilize it.

My question is, is pulling a fuse sufficient to disable the system? If so, which fuse description, or fuse# is it?

Darkanova
01-04-12, 04:31 PM
Simply removing a fuse would not disable the OnStar.. I would take it to the dealership n have them remove it or hit the OnStar button n tell them to disable the system.. I worked there for 5yrs.... Goodluck

SouthernCaddy
01-07-12, 12:15 AM
Just asking why, not trying to debate it. Your truck diable it if you dont want it. I use it for my wife's safty. And she has used it several times to unlock her doors when she locks herself out. We use the directions plan and it helps when traveling. We also like having use of the locator incase it gets stolen. And dont forget when the engine light came on, onstar gave me the code while I was driving out of town. I new what was wrong and what I had to replace when I got back home....that along was worth the cost. But again you can alos remove it from the truck. I believe it is located in the rear panel if I am not mistake on the drivers side. Just remove it and your worries are over.

prosseda
01-07-12, 10:09 PM
Fuse 22 will kill it on a 2009 ESV. For an EXT it is shown in the manual as sharing with the rear seat system. You will not be able to do bluetooth or voice commands if you pull this fuse.84857