: CD stuck in changer?

rdub1982
01-03-12, 12:02 AM
Earlier today a cd got jammed in the cd changer. It will not play, eject or load any CDs. Now when I try to play a cd it says DVD-X is initializing. Is there an easy fix for this or do I have to take it in?

Jesda
01-03-12, 01:48 AM
Physically jammed? Not much left to do but crack it open and extract.

On some GM radios, CD read problems are remedied by removing the fuse for the audio system, waiting a minute, and putting it back in. Worth a shot, but I doubt it'll help.

Hoosier24
01-03-12, 08:53 AM
Physically jammed? Not much left to do but crack it open and extract.

On some GM radios, CD read problems are remedied by removing the fuse for the audio system, waiting a minute, and putting it back in. Worth a shot, but I doubt it'll help.

ditto

OH WOW
01-03-12, 08:27 PM
Same here. Mine has been stuck saying DVD-X is initializing for a little over a year but the funny part is i dont recall having a CD in there when it got stuck. instead i use my ipod but it would be nice to fix it without taking it to the dealer.

orange57
01-04-12, 01:11 AM
When I bought my car, there were CD's stuck in the player. When replacing the CD player with nav, after unplugging the unit, I plugged it back in, and it spit out the CD's. So I would try the fuse as well, as that doesn't require getting to the back of the unit. Good Luck.

dkozloski
01-04-12, 01:55 AM
I read about a guy that tried to get a stuck disk out of his PC by squirting melted butter in the slot with a turkey baster. It might be worth a try.

MacMuse
01-04-12, 08:08 AM
I read about a guy that tried to get a stuck disk out of his PC by squirting melted butter in the slot with a turkey baster. It might be worth a try.

Sarcasm doesn't suit you Koz.

dkozloski
01-04-12, 04:03 PM
Sarcasm doesn't suit you Koz.

What's sarcasm?

rdub1982
01-12-12, 11:32 AM
Just took my car into the dealer yesterday and they gave me a 2012 CTS to drive. Let me tell you that this car doesn't even compare to the STS IMHO. The ride is so much smoother in the STS and the overall performance and comfort of the STS is way better. Just thought you'd like to know.

rdub1982
01-17-12, 10:17 AM
Got my car back last week. They had to replace the entire Navigation Unit. The dealer told me GM will send them my CD's and they will contact me when they have them. I hope they actually do send them back.

No more CD's for me. I am getting the iSimple ISGM 574 iPod adapter!

EChas3
01-17-12, 09:28 PM
Good luck!