: Rolex this is for you!

johnvosh
01-02-12, 12:24 PM
Since we can't send PM's on this forum I'll put this here. Why did you close my thread? It is different from the other one that hasn't had a reply since October. This one is just about what you had for dinner, no pictures. Please open my thread back up. There is the same topic on 10 other forums I'm on and not 1 of them has been closed. Given, there might be 1 or 2 that are similar, but they don't get closed just for the fun of it. And why did you merge my other topic as well? If you go to a lot of the other forums, there are multiple "happy new year" threads.

Here, check out these other great sites!!!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/forum.php
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/
http://chevroletforum.com/forum/

Sevillian273
01-02-12, 12:49 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m280/merc892003/kid-police-its-go-time-12559990676.jpg

hueterm
01-02-12, 12:57 PM
Tonight for dinner, you can have a nice, aged brie with your w(h)ine...

Be sure and post a pic in the appropriate thread.

Smartass.

Oh, and "we" CAN post PMs...noobs need to wait a while. Even ones who have been registered for over 5 years.

Submariner409
01-02-12, 01:16 PM
Saw this and will defer to the subject of the title. (otherwise this would now be a blank page.)

hueterm
01-02-12, 01:17 PM
LOL, we know how that will end up.

Rolex
01-02-12, 01:30 PM
A thread of my very own??? :bouncy:

Asked and answered:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/agreement.html

The rules listed below are here to make the forums easier to use and more conductive to friendly discussion. Violation of the rules below may result in points being taken from your user account but may also be grounds for immediate removal of posting rights.

....Do not post multiple discussions of the same topic....

More fun facts from the user agreement page:

.....Moderators, Super Moderators, Co-Administrators and Administrators are not representatives of cadillacforums.com. They are simply members with extra privileges and responsibilities......

.....Moderators and administrators review many forum messages for those that are in violation of cadillacforums.com rules. Any messages found to be in violation may be deleted without warning or explanation. CadillacForums.com also reserves the right to ban any user, at any time, and for any reason......

There's nothing like going to another forum and having to wade through 50 stickies at the top of each page before getting to relevant and new topics. And there's nothing like having to wade through multiple topics with the same subject. We don't have to do that here because moderators try to keep the place relatively organized.

I apologize if you feel like my application of the rules somehow slighted you. I'm not picking on you or trying to insult you in any way. I call it housekeeping.

And now I'm moving this thread out of the lounge.

NoExpert
01-02-12, 01:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/youmad.gif

Rolex
01-02-12, 03:25 PM
Hmmmm

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/161019-delete-my-account.html

How do I delete my account? I sold my car and don't need an account on this website anymore.

Submariner409
01-02-12, 03:42 PM
Good find - that's almost 3 years ago. Guess he's now bored, trolling, or spamming (hence the links to all those "wonderful" sites.). Come to think of it, I've posted in an old "What's for dinner ?" thread a few years back - and last year (2010).................

Sevillian273
01-02-12, 03:44 PM
"What's for dinner ?"

BEEF.

/thread

Submariner409
01-02-12, 03:47 PM
Flank steak fajitas - will fire up the Weber at 6. Door is open, bourbon bottle is full...........

thebigjimsho
01-02-12, 03:54 PM
Is there a "How's your p00p™ look?" thread yet? And if there is one, I'll get all butthurt if you merge it.

:ohnoes:

JimmyH
01-02-12, 08:54 PM
:tsucks:

Rolex
01-04-12, 07:30 PM
:yeah:

JimmyH
01-04-12, 08:01 PM
I am eating some nissin noodles. I think they are playing fast and loose with the words "chicken flavored."

Stingroo
01-05-12, 08:44 AM
Lulz. I thought you said "Nissan noodles."

Enjoying them to the Maxima, Jimmeh?

Submariner409
01-05-12, 10:41 AM
As in the title of this thread..................

Here ya' go ! - some toys.

ThumperPup
01-05-12, 08:32 PM
As in the title of this thread..................

Here ya' go ! - some toys.

Hey got to love the watches

here is my newest adition i got it today and i love it this is a Mechanicla manual Winding

I also just ordered a Automatic self Winding one of the same model a few hours after this one came

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-06-12, 12:33 AM
I am eating some nissin noodles. I think they are playing fast and loose with the words "chicken flavored."

Indeed. "Cat Flavored" wouldn't have sold as well in the US.

OffThaHorseCEO
01-06-12, 04:31 PM
Hey got to love the watches

here is my newest adition i got it today and i love it this is a Mechanicla manual Winding

I also just ordered a Automatic self Winding one of the same model a few hours after this one came

dynamitetime.com?

i like watches for looks, not necessarily for their ability to keep time, or precision or whatever. For that reason, i appreciate rolex watches breitlings etc for what they are, but i dont find a nagging need to own any of them.
(actually, when i was in new york i was tempted to head to canal st to check out some of the "replica" watches)

I actually considered the watch thumper posted but i dont like how the band attaches to the watch.

this is my current "collection"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379526_287160651334503_100001217116998_914037_7209 69072_n.jpg

i would say my favorite is the big face invicta chrono followed by the ostrich band jacques lemans, then the mother of pearl invicta, then the skeleton automatic, then the guess. i like the mesh watch and tommy hilfiger watch but i wouldnt miss them if they were gone. the battery has died in the guess watch, i need to have it replaced soon.

ThumperPup
01-06-12, 08:53 PM
dynamitetime.com?

i like watches for looks, not necessarily for their ability to keep time, or precision or whatever. For that reason, i appreciate rolex watches breitlings etc for what they are, but i dont find a nagging need to own any of them.
(actually, when i was in new york i was tempted to head to canal st to check out some of the "replica" watches)

I actually considered the watch thumper posted but i dont like how the band attaches to the watch.

this is my current "collection"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379526_287160651334503_100001217116998_914037_7209 69072_n.jpg

i would say my favorite is the big face invicta chrono followed by the ostrich band jacques lemans, then the mother of pearl invicta, then the skeleton automatic, then the guess. i like the mesh watch and tommy hilfiger watch but i wouldnt miss them if they were gone. the battery has died in the guess watch, i need to have it replaced soon.

its taking me time to get used to the strap for this one that i just got i know it was kind of wierd how the strap ataches to the case
next week when my new one comes in again ill post it it looks about the same but the strap is basic to the case not like this and its automatic self not manual mechanic

only one Invicta i had i sold it i cant even find a picture i know i posted it on here a year ago but cant find it lol

out of these pictures the Pocket watch that belonged to my Grandfather my Grandmother gave it to him on there wedding nite
and when he passed away she gave it to me

the 2 tissot's one white i really like that one i am thinking of ordering it or the red one the red one i really like because it reminds me of my new brakes LOL

the gold Rolex
i saw on CL i am going to check it out next week its for sale at one of the locale malls near me if its the real deal i probably may pick it up for only 2100

Submariner409
01-07-12, 10:51 AM
the gold Rolex i saw on CL i am going to check it out next week its for sale at one of the locale malls near me if its the real deal i probably may pick it up for only 2100

Nice try - No matter what the age, a used 18k Rolex Submariner or GMT Master/Master-II is going to be a minimum of $20,000 (yes, $20,000), and Rolex announced a hefty price increase for new product just before Christmas. (The two-tone gold/s/s models are over $8,000 now - used.)

Get into the Melrose Jewelers site and snoop around for used pricing. My eldest daughter works for a rather large New England jewelery store chain - they're Rolex/Omega/Breitling/Tag Heuer dealers - so I have access to some pretty good info in-house.

(FWIW, I just checked with my daughter: The new price for a black dial gold Submariner is $31,300.) I would guess that the "$2100 Rolex" you saw is a cheap piece of Chinese knock-off junk.)

ThumperPup
01-07-12, 01:05 PM
I called they said no one there put up an add they said that someone has been posting jobs for there location on websites also that do t exsist lol

I would soent 10k tips on a sub used all gold

About 4 years ago my dad wanted a blue SS no gold or plat sub well anyone who knows Rolex knows they don't make any such thing he had a jewlery store named burger and silver near my house do it they charged him a hearty price I bet but he got what he wanted no warranty on it at all thought he is allergic to gold and platinum

Ranger
01-07-12, 02:39 PM
$31,000 for a watch? What recession?

Submariner409
01-07-12, 04:20 PM
$31,000 for a watch? What recession?

Fairfield, Connecticut = Westchester County, NY/New Haven, CT market. She sold 2 the week before Christmas.

(Thank you, Ian Fleming and the real James Bond - Sean Connery.)

In the spring of 1975, at the Navy Exchange in Rota, Spain, I bought my s/s GMT Master, brand new in the box, all papers, for $325. It's in the picture ^. I still have it, maintained by Rolex, NY. That same watch, in the new GMT Master-II version, is over $9,000 right now. My 2-tone -II goes for around $11,000 in the States now.

Ranger, orconn, and a few others can testify that being stationed overseas in the 50's, 60's, and 70's was not all bad. Heck - you could order a new car Stateside - huge discounts - and have it delivered to your new duty station when you rotated back to the U.S.

ThumperPup
01-07-12, 05:34 PM
it really is rediculouse the price some ppl pay for a time piece yes we can not call it a watch they get defensive lol

really is rediculouse 65k for a IWC um maybe 1 out of every 100 ppl i talk to about IWC even knows what they are or have ever heard of them lol

7-20k for a UN ppl ask me what are we buying the UN lol i say no its Ulysys Nardin i think maybe 20,000 made each year and of that only 10% brought into the U.S to be sold i think
i know there is a UN that i really want and i almost bought it last month
but i am again not spending 10k on a clock lol

now another one i wanted i saw it today and i remember like a year ago i saw it and i almost bought it and i decided to go with the Tag Link i wanted a Bell&Ross i might spend 3900 on that i said but i ended up getting a Tag Link i paid like 1900 for it and then 3 months latter i lost it i have no idea what happend

so i am happy i didn't go spening twice that on a Bell&Ross lol

the latest one i jsut got 500 i sure am happy i decided i am not spending 1000s on clocks anymore cause id just loose it lol

Submariner409
01-07-12, 05:47 PM
What ? :bonkers:

(T P, We've thoroughly hijacked and screwed up this thread and its original intent - beginning at post #10...............Time for a long winter's nap here.)

Rolex
01-07-12, 07:17 PM
Since Joshy is posting again in the lounge and hasn't come back to address his thread, Ima lock this down.

:closed: