: Building my first subwoofer box for my 1998 deville concour 3 10' woofers

CADILLACPIMPIN410
01-01-12, 06:21 PM
i need more bass in my car so i decided to add subwoofers found a reasonable deal on craigslist of a guy selling 3 10 inch rockford fosgate woofers and 2 kicker amps. not the best in the world but im not going for world class SPL trunk rattling just something that does justice. i looked online and nearly everywhere for a pre-fabbed box but none met the requirements or budget so im building my own currently waiting for the rain to stop (i love baltimore weather)

THE RECOMMENDED SPECS for one woofer is

HEIGHT 12.5
WIDTH 19.5
DEPTH 7.75

TOTAL MEASURED ROOM IN TRUNK FOR BOX

HEIGHT 19.5
WIDTH 39
DEPTH 39

using 3 woofers based off the recommended specs
can somebody tell me exactly how high wide and deep my box should be thanks guys

03seville
01-03-12, 01:16 PM
Building a enclosure requires a bit more information that that.
Are you happy with a sealed enclosure or are you possibly looking into a ported design?
Those numbers are recommended based on factory testing at exact power in an ideal environment.

What subwoofers exactly? will need to know things like Vas, Qts, Fs.
What is the RMS rating on the subs in comparison to the amp. (if you underpower your subs at all you're going to want to make the enclosure a bit larger to produce the right sound)

You honestly will probably be better off getting one made for you by someone with experience. That way you know you will be satisfied with the quality the first time

Heres an example of the kind of work required to design one box. Its not just sitting down and throwing wood together.