: '12 CTS-V Coupe Question

fogey0
12-31-11, 05:47 PM
In my first week with this car and so far the best I have ever owned including the supercharged Jag I traded in to get it. I am going through all of the personaliztions to set it up and I have a question that may seem silly but I cannot figure it out. When setting up the auto exit for the driver's seat I cannot get it to stop about halfway back. I set the seat where I want it to stop and then press the button to set it and it beeps but the seat moves back to its furtherest possible point. I have trouble reaching the brake pedal to start the car from ther and I am 6' 2". My wife could never start the car.
What am I doing wrong?

Crystal Red CTS-V
12-31-11, 05:58 PM
I believe the auto exit is designed by default to move the seat back to its furthest position to allow for easy entry/exit. Any other setting would be part of the personalization buttons on the driver's door.

RB190
12-31-11, 11:04 PM
When you get in the car, push the memory button on the door panel.

RB

shchow
01-01-12, 05:25 PM
Not sure but you may have exceeded the first cutoff for when the seat stops being that you are 6'2".
I'm 5'10" and when I hit the button for the seat to pull back, it stops at one point. If I hit it again, it will go back even further...

However, I have the 2010 SEDAN. Not sure if this programming was changed...

Emax
01-01-12, 06:00 PM
In my first week with this car and so far the best I have ever owned including the supercharged Jag I traded in to get it. I am going through all of the personaliztions to set it up and I have a question that may seem silly but I cannot figure it out. When setting up the auto exit for the driver's seat I cannot get it to stop about halfway back. I set the seat where I want it to stop and then press the button to set it and it beeps but the seat moves back to its furtherest possible point. I have trouble reaching the brake pedal to start the car from ther and I am 6' 2". My wife could never start the car.
What am I doing wrong?

I think you mite be setting the seat wrong you should set the seat where you want to sit while you are driving not where you want it to stop and when you get out the seat will go back a certain amount. I set mine that way and it works great I love that option.