: Future Collectible

marktanner
12-31-11, 04:26 PM
For what it's worth, Collectible Automobile Magazine has a three page article on the CTS-V family under the heading "Future Collectibles" in their latest issue, February, 2012. The article appears on pages 85-87. They have a car featured every month on this topic. What really caught my eye was the opening picture of what's basically my car, a red '09 sedan. The interior shot looks like mine too, with a stick and Recaros.

The article ends with: "Regardless of body style, the second-gen CTS-V's "Standard of the World" levels of performance go a long way toward erasing memories of some embarrassing Cadillacs from the not-too-distant past. It also shows that, given the right circumstances, even a beleaguered GM is still capable of punching pretty hard. For that, it will likely be fondly remembered... and enthusiastically collected."

Obviously, no one has a crystal ball, but this magazine, which deals with car collecting exclusively, seems to think the V will have collector interest. It's nice to see someone put it in high quality, glossy print.

M5eater
12-31-11, 05:39 PM
This issue is currently out?

any chance for scanned copies?

Who'sCadillacIsThat
12-31-11, 06:25 PM
Dang! I passed up a red CTS-V with the Recaros for the Thunder Grey (with Recaros).... I guess I'm just too conservative. The red is a head turner but the grey just passes by........ (joking!) I liked the red but it was a tough choice! They had a white...Black was out for me - too much of a perfectionist with cleanliness... beautiful but.... no rain.

I'm Bill ---- giddy with delight with making this purchase of a fantastic mo-chine!

garfin
12-31-11, 07:06 PM
Dang! I passed up a red CTS-V with the Recaros for the Thunder Grey (with Recaros).... I guess I'm just too conservative. The red is a head turner but the grey just passes by........ (joking!) I liked the red but it was a tough choice! They had a white...Black was out for me - too much of a perfectionist with cleanliness... beautiful but.... no rain.

I'm Bill ---- giddy with delight with making this purchase of a fantastic mo-chine!

Hey Bill,
As always, it will depend on the numbers produced and the demand for the car, but there's no question that the car has "character"!
And in case you haven't tweaked in yet, all Thunder Grey cars come from the factory with an extra 10 HP... it's included with the cost of the premium paint!
...and don't believe what people tell you about red cars being faster! LOL!
Obviously j/k... have a Happy New Year, buckle up, don't drink and drive and be safe!

Best regards,

Elie

neuronbob
12-31-11, 11:17 PM
Thanks for sharing. Will have to find a copy. Of course, my car now has far too many miles to be considered collectible. At best, if I take care of it, it'll be a "driver quality" machine in 30 years. Better to just drive it until the wheels come off, I suppose. That's what I bought it for.

Who'sCadillacIsThat
12-31-11, 11:31 PM
Hey Bill,
As always, it will depend on the numbers produced and the demand for the car, but there's no question that the car has "character"!
And in case you haven't tweaked in yet, all Thunder Grey cars come from the factory with an extra 10 HP... it's included with the cost of the premium paint!
...and don't believe what people tell you about red cars being faster! LOL!
Obviously j/k... have a Happy New Year, buckle up, don't drink and drive and be safe!

Best regards,

Elie

Hey Elie,
Is that true - 10 extra HP with the premium paint? All I know is this car has mucho power - I passed a Lincoln earlier today and floored it (first time) and this 'V' actually almost broke traction at 45 mph - could feel the rear doing the dance..... went to 110 very rapidly! What a car! It is a very serious collectable - right now - for me!

Good advice...you do the same and a Happy New Year to you too!

And all - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

----------

This issue is currently out?

any chance for scanned copies?

Ditto on this.....

550HP STSV
01-01-12, 07:04 PM
bob, have i met you before?

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-01-12, 08:28 PM
Ok, Ok; So I let Elie take me.... I liked it (Elie liked it too) so now I'm called Bob? That takes the cake. I only let my damn good friends call me Bob, since my name is Bill. Now, Billy-Bob is another story..... Yeee Haaw.....!

M5eater
01-01-12, 09:03 PM
so I went to barns and noble today. No classic automobile magainze. since there were 2012 feb editions on the shelf (odd.. but OK) I would assume that the circulation is out-- but is subscription only. Where are those scans!!

neuronbob
01-02-12, 11:24 AM
bob, have i met you before?

Dunno. I generally frequent the Cars and Coffee meetings during the warm season, and I'm usually there with my V or S2000.

550HP STSV
01-02-12, 02:55 PM
Hmmm. next spring for sure. What color is your v?

marktanner
01-02-12, 03:17 PM
The February issue is the current one, and I bought mine from Barnes and Noble on Saturday. Not many left, though.