: if incentives continue long enough, I have a deal

Trionalaw
12-31-11, 02:56 PM
I have reached a “handshake deal” on a 2012 CTS-coupe. I could not find one without a sunroof with the options I wanted. Therefore, I am rolling the dice that the incentives will remain in place so that I can order one with the following: Raven Black/Ebony; six speed manual; Recaro sports seats; midnight Sapelle wood trim and suede steering wheel and gear shift knob. I decided to go with the standard 19 inch wheels and look for aftermarket black wheels, preferably in the classifieds on this forum. I just couldn't find a set of satin graphite wheels in the area to look at to determine how they would look against the Raven Black. I appreciate all the responses to my earlier thread about that issue.

I decided to take the risk because I am really not interested in the “faux” sunroof. Since it only tilts it doesn't offer the reason, in my opinion, to have a sunroof. Moreover, I read on this forum that it adds a few hundred pounds where it does nothing good on the track. I typically attend at least one if not two driving schools per year. Since I'm coming out of a 2008 M3 sedan to a car with at least 500 more pounds of weight, the last thing I need is additional weight on the roof.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I have two more months on my present lease. I do love the car but figure I might as well have on it what I truly want.

I will keep you informed. Happy new year to everyone,

Jim

Squirlz
12-31-11, 04:29 PM
I've seen the "few hundred pound" sunroof nonsense tossed about here too. It simply isn't possible. I don't know what the number is but it's a negligible difference.

M5eater
12-31-11, 04:34 PM
the sedan sunroofs might be 100-150lbs or so, the coupe roof though.. is very light for a few reasons
1) it doesn't have the panoramic view glass
2) it doesn't have to have retract guides and motor support
3) the acutal glass is smaller iirc.

I would expect the coupe's sunroof to be <50lbs with the glass.

needspeed
12-31-11, 04:46 PM
I am happy with the sunroof.....lets some air in the car and lets the light shine in......good luck....Steve

MotownPimp
12-31-11, 06:47 PM
if your tall, head clearance can be an issue with the sunroof. Weight I don't think is.

SoCalCTSV
12-31-11, 07:04 PM
if your nickname is Torso Man, head clearance can be an issue with the sunroof. Weight I don't think is.

Corrected.

I love my sunroof. I'm 6'3". It lets fresh air circulate plus it really looks great.

GM-4-LIFE
12-31-11, 07:08 PM
I ordered my CTS-V coupe without a sunroof because there really is no point to have it.

Which dealer did you go through? I may have a good dealer for you to contact if you want to order the car. PM me for his contact info.

Trionalaw
01-01-12, 04:57 PM
I didn't get drunk last night although I stayed up to 3am so I could go and pick up my oldest daughters and some friends as cabs were hard to come by. For the love of Katy Perry I can't figure out how to pm on this forum.

Thanks,

Jim