: 05 Cadillac STS V6 Help Please- Car is sputtering randomly @ Idle

aung03
12-31-11, 02:42 PM
Hello Caddy Owners,

I have a recent problem with my 05 Cadillac STS V6 @ 85k miles. My car sputters when idle and it happens randomly. When at complete stop, the car would be completely still and then all suddenly would shake and then stop. I have no clue what is wrong with it. I recently changed my spark plugs and oil religiously with full synthetic mobile 1.

Anyone with this problem, please help with any possible solutions. Thank you in advance and Happy Holiday!

EChas3
12-31-11, 06:12 PM
Forum members that own V8 models have reported issues when using other than the OEM plugs. I don't know if the V6 is as picky.

According to my 2006 manual, the oil specified for the V6 has GM rating GM6094M. The V6 Spec changed to GM4718M (Mobil 1) in 2007. I can't imagine Mobil 1 is related to your issue. Make sure it is full to the line on the dipstick.

Jesda
01-01-12, 11:42 AM
Coil pack... injector... get the codes and see if it points to a specific cylinder misfire

STScaddyman65
01-01-12, 11:46 AM
Does the car have any "DIC" codes initiated so that your engine light is on or not?
It sounds like a sensor problem, like a TPS or something.

aung03
01-01-12, 10:41 PM
thanks for the reply, but i do not have any check engine light on. Just the message of "Service Vehicle Soon"

would i have able to check codes even if the check engine light is off?

----------

can i get the codes even if i dont have the check engine light on?

Jesda
01-01-12, 11:57 PM
Any previously active codes will still be stored as "history"

You need one that's CANBUS (gm lan) compatible, and that costs hundreds, so you'll need your dealer or a shop with a CANBUS compatible code reader to do it.