: Which 12v switched wire should I tap into for Bluetooth accessory power?

GrandmasTeeth
12-31-11, 12:15 PM
I'm installing a parrot bluetooth into my wifes 2007 escalade. For accessory power, I've been reading on this forum I should tap into a brown wire that powers the passenger mirror. I was told it is on the right side of the dash. When testing with a test light, I found 2 pairs of brown wires had switchable power. So my question to all of the folks that have done this before, which wire or pair should I tap into? See attached pic.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

CStradling24
01-15-12, 02:58 AM
Did you find out the answer?

Tranzor
01-19-12, 02:43 PM
I'm installing a parrot bluetooth into my wifes 2007 escalade. For accessory power, I've been reading on this forum I should tap into a brown wire that powers the passenger mirror. I was told it is on the right side of the dash. When testing with a test light, I found 2 pairs of brown wires had switchable power. So my question to all of the folks that have done this before, which wire or pair should I tap into? See attached pic.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

which wire did you end up using? I need to find a 12v switched wire as well and I'm considering using wich ever one you used so long as it worked out good. thanks

txlaw2002
01-24-12, 02:39 AM
I would also like this answer since i want to install a parrot mk9200. I placed the "brain" behind the passenger side dash on the passenger side but I'm uncertain about which wire to tap. thx

TabletDash
05-14-13, 12:25 PM
Me too. Tried a brown wire under the ignition with no luck

CaMs
02-24-14, 11:27 PM
looking to hook hardwire by DVD headrest. Found this video of a tahoe. Should these work in our trucks?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb_ZuA-z-Rs

Look at the 7min mark. Looks like he is tapping into the same wires as the OP mentioned?

CaMs
03-24-14, 05:24 PM
Does anyone have the schematics on what the above(in video and OP pic) wires are for. In the video hes talking about a couple of brown wires on the pass side box.

CaMs
03-27-14, 07:27 PM
Anyone? Or Where can I get a service manual to see for myself?