: Anyone know how to keep the amber lights on and Headlight piping

Rock1
12-31-11, 09:27 AM
When I auto start my car you get a the amber light and piping light on the front end but for the life of me I cant get the car to do the same when its running :banghead: (as I rather have this then the DRLs) does anyone know how to accomplish this?

See pics below

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm93/gtpp2004/CTS-V%202011/103_4801.jpg

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm93/gtpp2004/CTS-V%202011/103_4804.jpg

Rock1
01-01-12, 12:19 PM
Anyone?

stabie
01-01-12, 04:39 PM
Set the lights to parking instead of auto, by rotating the light stalk one notch. I do this before starting in the garage to avoid a cycle of the HID's, but you could leave it there instead of the DRL's.

Rock1
01-03-12, 11:44 AM
Set the lights to parking instead of auto, by rotating the light stalk one notch. I do this before starting in the garage to avoid a cycle of the HID's, but you could leave it there instead of the DRL's.

Tried that, the Ambers dont come on and the pipe lighting is much dimmer.

rockryno
03-31-12, 10:30 AM
bump?

batcaddyV
04-02-12, 10:38 PM
i really really wish I could use the light pipes as the drl lights because the standard incandescent light bulbs are really old technology and also ugly and cheap looking. the light pipes are there for a reason and we should use them! (I used to have an audi s5 which had some pretty nice led lighting up front so I need something to match up to that!)

rockryno
04-05-12, 02:25 PM
anyone figured out how to do this yet? wasnt there some electrical guru on here changing all sorts of stuff in the cars ECU? Id love to hear his input

sfv41901
04-06-12, 12:27 PM
When u remote start the car, it turns on the parking lamps.

In order to have the light pipes (parking lights) act as the DRL, u can do either 1 of 2 things:

On the headlight connector (headlight side) pull the terminal out of the connector that operates the DRL. This will involve opening up the light. Then remove the parking light terminal & place it in the slot where the DRL was located. This will now make the light pipes & the amber light act as the DRL. The down side to this is now they wont be on when the lights turn on or when u remote start the car.

The other option is to pull the terminal for the parking light out of the connector on the car side. Find a power source that is hot when the car is on & run that wire to the now open slot on the connector. This will allow the light pipe & amber light to be on all the time, day & night. Then all u would need to do is pull the DRL relay & / or fuse.

rockryno
04-06-12, 08:35 PM
option 2 sounds pretty reasonable. we would have to find where the parking light wire connects to car, and an accessory thats hot when the car is on to tap...