: Help with Navigation...

Who'sCadillacIsThat
12-31-11, 07:25 AM
I guess I just don't get it or OnStar is necessary for any and all navigation....? We have a the '11 Fusion Hybrid with Sync (Microsoft) - which BTW is free for three years - and I can do a 'get directions' on Google Maps and modify the route as desired, then link that map to the fusion.....done deal. Can we do that with the Cadillac Navigation system? I tried and can't seem to get a map to load without the OnStar operator having to intercede.

Thanks,

Bill

NathanScott
12-31-11, 07:50 AM
I tried messing with it when I got my V and only saw it only goes to OnStar and not the actual map display.

thebigjimsho
12-31-11, 01:33 PM
My '09 used to work with Mapquest but they don't do that anymore. Google maps I think works with newer Vs.

BTW, Mapquest only allowed you to zap the destination, not the route you modified.

Who'sCadillacIsThat
12-31-11, 05:07 PM
My '09 used to work with Mapquest but they don't do that anymore. Google maps I think works with newer Vs.

BTW, Mapquest only allowed you to zap the destination, not the route you modified.

OK; that's what I'm seeing. The destination is downloaded, not the route....with this '11 So if you have two other places to visit, tough! If the route is not as you wished; too bad....That's the tough part - no modified route. Well, there's got to be a workaround or maybe GM should ask Microsoft (yikes!) how to do it. The Sync system is very user friendly with the driver and Google Maps too. (But Ford doesn't make anything like a 'V'! AND the hybrid is so anemic the 'V' was needed as a counter measure!)

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-02-12, 01:13 PM
You can contact GM Navigation Support at 1-877-NAV-DISC (1-877-628-3472). Let me know if you have any questions after.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

smackdownCTSV
01-02-12, 02:13 PM
It's "Whose" not "Who's" btw. "Who's" means who is. ;)

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-02-12, 02:57 PM
It's "Whose" not "Who's" btw. "Who's" means who is. ;)

The state that I was in when I joined up, it's a wonder that I could even spell Cadillac! It has been corrected by joining again - properly ..... Thanks! - I wasn't in any shape to drive a CTS-V either! :dummy:

smackdownCTSV
01-02-12, 03:42 PM
Yeah, did they want some money to change your name too? Haha!

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-02-12, 03:50 PM
Yeah, did they want some money to change your name too? Haha!

I contacted an 'administrator' with the request to change it but didn't get a reply.... Doesn't matter much, just looks like a third grade drop-out wrote the title. Wild Turkey brings out the best - Glad these year end 'party time' events only happen once a year. It was my year to provide the booze and I tried to corner up all of the Wild Turkey!

smackdownCTSV
01-02-12, 03:51 PM
Use FireFox, it comes with spell check.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-02-12, 03:54 PM
Use FireFox, it comes with spell check.

Well, I do use Firefox...... That doesn't work with the 'Turkey' so well either........getting embarrassed now.....