: News Flash: GM to introduce 10 year old technology to try and reduce Escalade thefts

ELUSIVE
12-30-11, 12:37 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/30/gm-addresses-escalades-most-stolen-status-with-new-security-fea/#aol-comments

I guess it's nice to have these features finally, however I can't help but wonder why these weren't on there from the beginning for GM's top of the line SUV that costs $70K+.
The new standard of the world. LOL

I still love my Escalade though.

K9Caddy
12-30-11, 12:48 PM
That's all new for 2012? I thought all those features were available on all the mode years?

MrHolland
12-30-11, 01:21 PM
I don't think my 2010 has a shock sensor but does have steering lock and a chipped key.

Rolex
12-30-11, 02:04 PM
All of that should've been standard since the point that the Escalade was listed as the most stolen vehicle in the US. Still, if criminals want them they'll still get them. Steering wheel locks are a joke and AFAIK nobody ever pays attention to car alarms.

K9Caddy
12-30-11, 03:10 PM
You're right it's all a joke... I'm talking about the 'inclination sensor' that is an option under GM accessories for our trucks, it still doesn't come as a standard as far as I know. Just been available for some time now...

There are a few thread on here about theft. The truck can be hauled off in couple minutes, without any alarm going off. Remember, the main power runs to the starter, which is reachable from the drivers side fender. A pair of wire cutters, renders the alarm and Onstar useless.

M5eater
12-30-11, 03:25 PM
Yup.. I've never see anyone give two looks at a car alarm other than to look and see which idioit is fumbling for their keys to turn it off.