: Climate Control Fan Speed Button Replacement?

Aerocoupe
12-29-11, 07:32 PM
I have searched here and on the net in general and have come to the conclusion that the only way to replace the fan speed button on the 07 is to replace the entire dual climate control panel. Is this correct? Evidently whoever owned the Esky before us had some daggers for finger nails and scratched it all to hell.

Any help would be appreciated.

Darren

toygar
05-03-12, 06:18 AM
same question here,any luck with yours so far?

cheers

bruin300
05-03-12, 11:43 AM
1 button on my climate control panel was starting to stick. I went to the dealer to buy a replacement button. The dealer told me that they did not sell replacement buttons. That I had to replace the entire climate control. So I had them replace it under warranty.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-03-12, 12:29 PM
Toygar, I would recommend visiting your dealership for a thorough diagnosis. If you have any warranty questions in the meantime, feel free to email me your name and VIN anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I can research your Escalade for you.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

toygar
05-04-12, 06:35 AM
Thanks Katie,e-mailed you yesterday
Cheers

Aerocoupe
05-07-12, 12:09 PM
So what do those of us do that are out of warranty? If the fan button cannot be had then can someone post the part number for the entire climate control unit so I can shop around and hopefully find one that is reasonably priced? Thing that gets me is that the cover is most likely a $5 part that who know what a dealership will want for the entire control unit. Evidently the terradactyl that owned ours before we bought it did not keep their finger nails trimmed.

Darren

CaMs
09-12-12, 10:30 AM
Have the same issue. We are under warranty and our dealership told us we need to pay $560 for the whole dual climate part. Unbelievable !!! The part is prob. $2 bucks.