: Ideas for covering up new era cai

jnjj
12-29-11, 03:11 PM
Just installed a New Era CAI. Anyone have any ideas about how to cover up the area where the tube goes down? Hate the unfinished look.

thebigjimsho
12-29-11, 07:21 PM
Just installed a New Era CAI. Anyone have any ideas about how to cover up the area where the tube goes down? Hate the unfinished look.Can you cut out the cover of the stock air box, cut a hole in that and cover the tube? I agree, I don't like all those plastic covers and then a hole...

jnjj
12-30-11, 09:10 AM
I'm kind or leery about cutting the original air box because of warranty issues. I'm not sure how happy my dealer will be when he sees the CAI.

smackdownCTSV
12-30-11, 12:22 PM
I'm kind or leery about cutting the original air box because of warranty issues. I'm not sure how happy my dealer will be when he sees the CAI.

Ask. They could be mod-friendly. It shouldn't void the warranty, but it may raise concerns about potential driveability issues. But a CAI doesn't cause any problems.

daowens
12-30-11, 12:48 PM
It has been done before. Just cut a hole in the upper part of the stock airbox.

gevvvvv
12-30-11, 09:15 PM
Just make sure you make the hole large enough for the intake to move around. The engine flexes under load so you don't want it too tight where it could either damage your New Era or possibly get loose over time.

M5eater
12-30-11, 09:16 PM
Ask. They could be mod-friendly. It shouldn't void the warranty, but it may raise concerns about potential driveability issues. But a CAI doesn't cause any problems.

I was told when I asked that generally anything goes except PCM tunes. Exhaust, intakes, ect. As long as it's not realted to the mod . ie rattling noise from a hanger too close to a heatshield on an aftermarket exhaust.