: Replacement Steering Wheel

nbfc
11-08-04, 01:16 PM
Does anybody know if there the steering whel can be replaced? I have the new STS and it has the Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Hud, with the heated steering wheel. Since it has these options there in no way to change the stations from the steering wheel for the presets on the radio. It is quite a pain everytime to go back and change the screen back from the nav to radio. I would like to replace my steering wheel with one without the heat button to one with the 1-6 button. If anybody out there knows please help. Thank you.

megeebee
11-08-04, 02:49 PM
If I were you I'd go to the dealer that I bought it from and tell them what you want.

Blue Chip
11-09-04, 08:57 AM
Does anybody know if there the steering whel can be replaced? I have the new STS and it has the Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Hud, with the heated steering wheel. Since it has these options there in no way to change the stations from the steering wheel for the presets on the radio. It is quite a pain everytime to go back and change the screen back from the nav to radio. I would like to replace my steering wheel with one without the heat button to one with the 1-6 button. If anybody out there knows please help. Thank you.

You should have a NAV manual that tells you to simply tell the radio what to do. You don't have to touch the radio at all to operate it. Just tell it to cycle through presets or to go directly to a station by speaking the frequency. This is even better than the button on the steering wheel.

nbfc
11-09-04, 10:03 AM
Trust me i have tried everything. I even spoke with the tech hotline and they told me since the car has these options it doesnt have this feature. Also the feature that you can where you can say the freq. of the station you want is not that great. You are better off just using the button then trying to allow the system to to understand what you are saying. IMO they should get rid of that feature it is just a headache, talking to the car and on the 3rd or 4th attempt to understand what you are saying.