: Brand new 300 miles, trunk problem, won't release.. Any ideas??

Jdani
12-28-11, 10:49 PM
Well I just picked up my brand new v a couple of days ago and I have two problems already the first is a rattle in the drivers front door, it's in the door sound like the rod in the door. The second is more of a problem the trunk won't release. It clicks but won't release not even from the inside with the emergency release. I'm so aggravated I can't believe I hav to go back o dealer already. I hope I didn't make a mistake going American. For the last 9 years I had 3 BMW 5 series all on leases. I never had one single problem or rattle. I'm really off to a rough start please give me some good news about Cadillac. Thanks

Emax
12-28-11, 11:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your new v but did you try the key and see if that opens the trunk.

baabootoo
12-28-11, 11:40 PM
No offense, but since you're new to it, are you sure your working it correctly? My trunk unlocks, but doesn't open up, which is what I like.

Jdani
12-28-11, 11:59 PM
I tried the key, and Im aware trunk doesn't pop open. I know you have to lift after release. Trunk was working an just stopped tonight. Thanks though. Guess I'll have to bring it in. Hope dealer doesn't screw up car.

M5eater
12-29-11, 08:45 AM
Rattles are hit or miss for people, the concensus though, is that this car will eventually make some kind of noise most of the time.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-29-11, 11:08 AM
Jdani,
I apologize for your frustrations. Have you visited the dealer yet? I would start there and they will be able to diagnose the vehicle. Once that is done, let me know what they say.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

Jdani
12-29-11, 12:34 PM
Breanne,

i brought it to dealer this morning. Thanks for you concern i will keep you posted.

TGH
12-29-11, 03:17 PM
Jdani,

Sorry to hear of your issues, I feel your pain, just remember this car goes like stink!
I'm on the opposite end of a CTS-V trunk issue..............

My trunk unlocks like most have described. I found it intriguing, at first, trying to determine the cause. Is it as remote as a reaction with a cell phone, power lines or the compass heading of the car. Maybe it's temperature or humidity related. Or as simple as a coin, pocket lint or the pants material itself pressing the trunk release button on the fob. Perhaps it's my magnetic personality, NOPE! It's no longer intriguing, for sure, it's annoying and a bit embarrassing. Open trunk, put in stuff, close trunk, open door, CLOSE TRUNK AGAIN, go home.
Certain I would get the "LOOK" from the service writer while explaining the problem AND the car would not "perform" it's magic trick for the tech. I kept it quite and searched the web for the problem "trunk pops open" the first hit found your website forum. So, I'm not the only one having this problem!?

For the "definitive fix" where can I view the two bulletins LAWFIVE has mentioned. I would prefer to have all the information I can gather before visiting my dealer.

Thank you, for having a great owners web site!

THG