: Front Tires Hop When Reversing and parking just started when it got cold

ctsvchicago
12-28-11, 06:03 PM
Took the car to the dealer had them check it out and check alignment. They stated that it's due to the tire size. I didn't buy that since I bought it in April and it just started making that noise. They cleaned the rotors based on a bulletin they have that they need to be cleaned every maintnence schedule but the noise I was getting from that was a clicking sound. It still is happening could this be due to the cold weather and the hard rubber sliding when turning the wheels all the way left or right when reversing? 2011 CTS-V coupe auto.

smackdownCTSV
12-28-11, 06:50 PM
Normal. It's the tires. Do a search, there are a few threads about it.

thebigjimsho
12-28-11, 11:10 PM
Yep. Always ask HERE first instead of the dealer. Due to the suspension geometry and construction of the PS2 tires, it's a normal phenomenon...

Different tires will cure it, but I love the PS2s and wouldn't swap for such a small issue...

ctsvchicago
12-29-11, 05:07 PM
Yep. Always ask HERE first instead of the dealer. Due to the suspension geometry and construction of the PS2 tires, it's a normal phenomenon...

Different tires will cure it, but I love the PS2s and wouldn't swap for such a small issue...

Thanks guys great to know defintely not chnaging the tires.

smackdownCTSV
12-29-11, 06:49 PM
Mine only does it when I cut the wheel all the way. But I back out wide so I'm on the ride side of the road. So if it's an issue or annoys you, only go 75%-90%.

Caddyscat
12-30-11, 02:43 PM
It happens on Continental DW's as well.

miamictsv
12-30-11, 02:53 PM
Yes it does, i have them as well ( DW )and is no even that cold here 60's and i heard the pop couple of times