camaroneil
12-28-11, 11:41 AM
anyone know where i can get one,
just got this bls and want to start driving it,
all i need is a front bumper,

neil

S70RMP
12-28-11, 04:33 PM
I've been told by the garage my car is at the a ront bumper is 800+vat !

camaroneil
12-29-11, 04:51 AM
heck,
not what i wanted to hear,
only paid twice that for the whole car,
2006 diesel 40,000 miles,
does anyone know of anything that might be a close match?
i've got a hacksaw and a glue gun and some imagination,

thanks,
neil

S70RMP
12-29-11, 12:35 PM
check ebay there's a BLS being broken down now on there

ExRPO1
01-03-12, 04:39 AM
Sadly I think you might have one heck of a job finding a BLS for breaking that hasn't either had its front bumper wrecked beyond repair or has already been bought by someone just in case they smash their own. Incidentally, I've only just put my own BLS in my local bodyshop today to have three separate nearside front bumper scrapes repaired and resprayed. I should count myself lucky that all three weren't too serious. Bodyshop fully aware they can't get spares for our motors but after seeing the fantastic job they did with my wife's old Mazda MX5, I feel confident they'll do a good job. I might have to investigate putting on front parking sensors! Though, to be fair, one of the bangs was some moron in a car park who had the good grace to drive off after they'd done the damage. I absolutely despise people like that. There is a much stronger word I could use, but I'd just make myself as bad as them. I wish you luck in your quest to find a new bumper.

ExRPO1
01-08-12, 02:16 PM
Well, I got the job done on my own front bumper to fix the damage previously described. The bodyshop had my motor for two and a half days. The job they did is absolutely fantastic, everything back to normal, three scrapes (including the horrible damage I did on the concrete stump) all in the same area, front nearside, all done for the grand price of 150 quid. The paint match is superb, then again, it is a black car, so I guess it wouldn't have been too much of a problem for them.

I've got a guy coming to fit front parking sensors to my BLS in a few days time. I'm having Steelmate sensors, (apparently, one of the best kits available often fitted retrospectively by main dealers). Hopefully will be all wired up to the Canbus. I'm hoping this will prevent any more incompetence on my own part when parking! Clearly, I won't be able to stop other morons from hitting me, but hopefully (I'm keeping everything crossed!) those sad events are behind me.

ExRPO1
01-18-12, 10:35 AM
Front parking sensors fitted. They are perfect. Wired up to the Canbus with no probs (same wiring as SAAB). Made life parking at the supermarket this morning a lot easier. I couldn't recommend them enough. You would never believe that they are a retrospective fit. :cloud9:

S70RMP
01-18-12, 01:56 PM
pictures ??????

ExRPO1
01-19-12, 03:27 AM
I would put some pictures up, trouble is, with it being a black car, taking a photograph of the front end of the motor, you would in all likelihood not see them very well. The sensors are obviously gloss black, fit very flush to the bumper and do look very smart. They are much less noticeable than the rear factory fit sensors. I am really pleased with the job. It took the guy who did it, two and a half hours to fit them, a real automotive electrician's job. There was no cutting or splicing of wires, everything was done absolutely properly. As they are connected directly into the Canbus, they will only operate once the car has dropped below 6mph. He'd never fitted them to a BLS before but was pleased that he and the suppliers of the equipment can now add the BLS to their database, not that they'll see that many of them!! As I said in my last post, because the electronic systems of the car are SAAB based, the Canbus 'discovered' the sensors as soon as they were connected up.

It was comforting parking yesterday, the reassurance of the beeping preventing me from nudging the nose on the parking barriers at the supermarket car park. It will be great in multi-story car parks too. All in all, well worth the 237 quid when you consider the fit time and the fact that the product I bought is considered to be one of the best on the market.

S70RMP
01-19-12, 01:22 PM
Once I find a Saab 9-3 Aero I may consider having this done, but I'm looking for a silver one so they may stand out more