: CTS-V Audio / Navigation System Question

jsmit24
12-28-11, 10:34 AM
Hello...

I just received a 2012 CTS-V Wagon. It's equipped with the navigation and the Bose audio system with XM radio. Inside the console, there's an iPod connection.

Anyway... I am experiencing what I BELIEVE to be a problem, and I would like to see if anyone else has dealt with this.

I've had lots of cars with built-in navigation systems, and they all work basically the same -- they're tied in with the audio system, but their volume is independently controlled. With the audio system powered down, the navigation system still works. My V seems to be acting differently. Here's what I see:

1) The audio system MUST be on before I can use navigation. Pressing the navigation button or the destination button without the audio system being on does nothing.

2) When the navigation system is on, the volume is tied to the audio system. If I turn down the volume of the audio system, I can't hear navigation instructions.

Does anyone else have this configuration? If so, does your system work this way? I've read the nav/audio manual, and I have not found a solution to what I perceive as a problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Jeff S

NathanScott
12-28-11, 10:46 AM
When the navigation voice comes on you can turn up the volume at that time with the volume knob. I have not figured out how to mute the radio when the navigation voice comes on.

jsmit24
12-28-11, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the reply... Are you also finding that your audio system has to be powered-up before you can use your navigation system (otherwise, the raised screen just displays a Cadillac logo)???

Or is that just me... ?

Jeff

NathanScott
12-28-11, 11:50 AM
I always have the radio on, so have not noticed.

khoeysr
12-28-11, 12:08 PM
Hit the config button on the center stack. U can modify navigation volumes in there.

BeagleBrains
12-28-11, 12:33 PM
The Main Power Button is the power for the entire Head Unit from which all things operate.
I have been disillusioned with the "BOSE" Systems for years. It's the first thing to go when I buy a new car.
I reconfigured my Jeep Wrangler a day after I brought it home. Sony Head Unit with HDD, I have about 200 CD's recorded. Six Boston Acoustics speakers powered by a Kicker 600 Watt Amp. Plus an Acoustic Box designed to fit exactly behind the back seat with two Kicker Subs powered by a Kicker 750 Watt Amp. Installed a 200 Amp Alternator to supply the required electrical demands. My Rear View Mirror fell from the Windshield a couple of times due to a little too much Bass Boost. It's great!
Sub range chosen for a broad mix of Classical as well as Metal. My ZZ Top and her Mozart each sounds marvelous, rich and dynamic even at low volume.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-28-11, 12:50 PM
jsmit24,
If you want to send me your VIN number I can check into this for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

jsmit24
12-28-11, 04:17 PM
jsmit24,
If you want to send me your VIN number I can check into this for you.
Breanne

My VIN is 1G6DV8EP7C0125561
Thanks!

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-29-11, 01:34 PM
I have forwarded the question on and as soon as I get an update I will notify you.
Breanne

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-05-12, 08:07 AM
The radio does have to be on for the NAV to work.
The radio volume and voice guidance volume can be adjusted seperately. The easiest way is to adjust the volume is when the voice guidance commands are being given. The customer should refer to their navitgation radio owners manual supplement. Below is information from Pg 57 of the online owners manual.

Voice Volume Press the Voice Volume screen button to change the volume of the voice prompts or to turn the voice prompts on and off. Master Volume Level: Press the + (plus) or - minus) screen buttons to increase or to decrease the volume of all voice categories. Voice Guidance: Press to turn voice instructions on and off while traveling on a planned route. Voice guidance is on when the button is highlighted. Traffic Event Voice Prompt: Press to turn traffic voice instructions on and off. Traffic voice is on when the button is highlighted. Speech recognition Prompt: Press to turn speech recognition prompts on and off. Speech prompts are on when the button is highlighted.
I hope that this helps.
Breanne

NathanScott
01-05-12, 09:08 AM
Is there a way to mute the radio while the guidance voice is on? I feel like I am always fighting with the radio/guidance volumes.