: CTS Premium > CTS-V ? (heated steering wheel)

JTinCA
12-27-11, 11:55 PM
The CTS Premium includes a heated steering wheel standard.

My CTS-V has a traction control button where the generic "CTS / CTS-V" user guide says the steering wheel heater on/off button would be, if equipped.

I don't specifically see "heated steering wheel" on cadillac.com or edmunds, but I had heard the V had pretty much everything the top of the line CTSs have, with the V package added on top.

Is there a hidden button somewhere, or is the sueded wheel un-heated?

Thanks

Squirlz
12-28-11, 12:10 AM
Not heated that I know of. Power>cupholders and candy ass conveniences.

neuronbob
12-28-11, 12:17 AM
It's unheated.

M5eater
12-28-11, 08:29 AM
It's unheated.

/end thread.

but I had heard the V had pretty much everything the top of the line CTSs have, with the V package added on top.

it has most of what the CTS's have.

some items not included;
rainsense wipers for 2011
rear folding seats
rear headrest dvd players
optional euro-style rear tails and center brake light.
rear spoiler package
no clear-bra option for the V2 from Cadillac.
certian interior color options.

JOEYCTS-V
12-28-11, 08:50 AM
I wasn't too happy when I picked up my V and it didn't have have heated steering wheel. The 2011 catalogue the dealer gave me said that it had a heated steering wheel. How the hell does that happen?!

M5eater
12-28-11, 09:00 AM
I wasn't too happy when I picked up my V and it didn't have have heated steering wheel. The 2011 catalogue the dealer gave me said that it had a heated steering wheel. How the hell does that happen?!

honestly imo, it's something to break... I haven't seen anyone deisgn a reliable heated steering wheel yet. It was a constant sight on audizine when the things stop working for no reason in the C6's and they cost $700 to replace.
The suede wheel doesn't get cold like a leather one does anyway, and a suede shifter/wheel set can be had for less than what the option costs. Have you any idea how cheap $200 for an OEM complete steering wheel assembly that's also Suede is? REALLY cheap- when I first got the quote I had to ask the parts counter guy if he had the right P/N.. People were paying $500 for GXP steering wheels when I had my G8 and that was a bare-bones rim with some fancy colored leather on it. $200 might get you a 5 year old sport steering wheel in BMW/Audi land, and the big-toy RS rims regularly go for $1000+. I'm pretty sure at the price they're going for it's more cost effective to just buy a new one every few years rather than have someone re-wrap the thing infact.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-28-11, 12:58 PM
Joeycts,
If would send me your VIN number and the name of your dealer I can look into this for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

mrl859
12-28-11, 09:40 PM
Vs do not have the heated steering wheel.

Thunder Gray STS
12-28-11, 11:34 PM
No heated wheel on my 12. I miss it, my 08 STS V had it. Also miss heads up, lane departure warning, and blind zone alert, but the CTS V is a much better car, so I can deal.

ddivinia
12-29-11, 12:47 AM
No folding rear seats either? I like that on my 08 cts.

D.

M5eater
12-29-11, 07:27 AM
No folding rear seats either? I like that on my 08 cts.

D.
no folding rear seats. You have the ski pass-through. The reasoning I've seen is because the gas tank in the V is slightly larger than in the CTS, by < 1 gallon or so (presumably to keep the pump submerged in high G corners) the expansion interfeares with mounting points normally occupied by the folding seat mechanism, or so we've been told.

Torxila
12-29-11, 04:31 PM
My Coupe has folding rear seats.

George

anorexicpoodle
12-29-11, 06:12 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but heated steering wheel? Is this something that is not accomplished by pointing one of the vents that are directly next to your hands, a little more toward your hands?

thebigjimsho
12-29-11, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I've always thought the vent placement to be poor, but they should warm your hands up quickly. And, like was mentioned, the suede wheel never is cold to the touch, like leather...

M5eater
12-30-11, 06:27 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but heated steering wheel? Is this something that is not accomplished by pointing one of the vents that are directly next to your hands, a little more toward your hands?

The attraction is it can get pretty steamy alot faster than the car vents can, but it's still a can live without for me.