: Snow tires question?

Jdani
12-27-11, 09:10 PM
I see those who put snow tires mostly go with the scott zeros, can someone reccomend the size also do you have to do front tires as well and do you guys usually go with aftermarket or oem wheels, also lastly where can i get thhes tires/wheels, i saw them on tire rack but not sre about wheels. thanks

neuronbob
12-27-11, 09:17 PM
I have Sottozeros in stock size on stock wheels. I bought a set of aftermarket wheels for the summer and I use the stockers as my winter setup.

Jdani
12-28-11, 11:53 AM
do i need front snow tires as well or will it ride fine if i just do rears.. Thanks

neuronbob
12-28-11, 12:20 PM
Sorry, forgot that part of the question.

You have to do all four tires if you value your life. Seriously. :) If the fronts have no traction, you can't steer as easily, and the braking distance (one of the most important reasons for winter tires, not just snow traction) is longer than ideal in snowy conditions. PS2s are not winter tires and they turn into hockey pucks below about 38 degrees F.

gnxs
12-28-11, 12:36 PM
Sorry, forgot that part of the question.

You have to do all four tires if you value your life. Seriously. :) If the fronts have no traction, you can't steer as easily, and the braking distance (one of the most important reasons for winter tires, not just snow traction) is longer than ideal in snowy conditions. PS2s are not winter tires and they turn into hockey pucks below about 38 degrees F.
I strongly agree with all of the above.

Tedboss1
12-28-11, 12:37 PM
Can somebody move this thread to the 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods section of the forum where it belongs?

Lord Cadillac
12-28-11, 01:07 PM
Can somebody move this thread to the 2009+ Cadillac CTS-V Appearance Mods section of the forum where it belongs?

...I moved it into CTS-V General Discussion...

gnxs
12-28-11, 05:04 PM
...I moved it into CTS-V General Discussion...
Excellent.

I don't consider my snow tires an "appearance mod", so I'd guess this is the appropriate forum. :)

elphil
12-28-11, 06:00 PM
I agree with gnxs. This discussion belongs in General Discussion.

I went with the stock size Sottozeros and OZ wheels recommended by Tire Rack. I consider the Sottos in between "all season" tires and all out snow tires. Put them on a week ago.

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad120/elphil_photo/WinterWheels.jpg

Cub Cadet
12-29-11, 09:50 AM
My All Season Bridgestone tires are performing flawlessly... did fine in the summer, rain, ice, slush, and snow. I have these on the stock wheels and things are fine - no sacrifices with warm/wet/winter performance.

Trionalaw
12-29-11, 11:36 AM
Which all season did you actually get? Were they the stock sizes?

Thanks and happy new year,

Jim

Cub Cadet
12-29-11, 01:14 PM
I went with the Bridgestone RE 970AS Pole position tires. Sizes were 255/35 - 19 (front), and 295/30 - 19 (rear).