: Going in for stage 3 tomorrow

71Dragtruck
12-27-11, 06:58 PM
Tomorrow my 08 Escalade is going in for a supercharger, long tubes and high flow Y plus cats. That will complete the plans I have for it, should be picking it back up on the 30th will post how things turned out then.

MrHolland
12-27-11, 08:41 PM
Christmas present to self?? Not too bad!!

71Dragtruck
12-27-11, 08:46 PM
Yes that was my gift to myself ;)

MrHolland
12-27-11, 08:52 PM
Good luck, I cant wait to hear the details and maybe see some pics of the finished product.

murphy
12-28-11, 12:24 AM
Interesting...you going with Magnacharger ? Getting a local dealer to install ? Tune ? I'm talking to DW here in Edm about an install. Would be interested to hear about your experiences..

Naf
12-28-11, 01:28 AM
I took it a step further, ported heads, porting intake, and Comp Cams VVT cam with 1.85 rockers. Am still waitin on this guy to give me a reply on a vortech SC. Hoping to get more power to the rear and try and keep the mpg high...

The nice thing about the vortech is i keep the same air to water cooler like you, but i get more mid to upper power vs lower to mid power...Its easier on the powertrain...Just my 2 cents

71Dragtruck
12-28-11, 06:34 AM
Interesting...you going with Magnacharger ? Getting a local dealer to install ? Tune ? I'm talking to DW here in Edm about an install. Would be interested to hear about your experiences..

I'm taking mine to Davenport in Calgary, and yes magnacharger.

----------

I took it a step further, ported heads, porting intake, and Comp Cams VVT cam with 1.85 rockers. Am still waitin on this guy to give me a reply on a vortech SC. Hoping to get more power to the rear and try and keep the mpg high...

The nice thing about the vortech is i keep the same air to water cooler like you, but i get more mid to upper power vs lower to mid power...Its easier on the powertrain...Just my 2 cents

Let us know how your project goes, I know my setup will be leaving lots on the table and for what I want out of it that is fine. It's more of a driver/toy so I'm only doing the 555hp tune. I have a barely street legal drag truck to fill that void. But if I ever win the lotto, I'm building a 9sec street legal escalade.

Rolex
12-28-11, 09:48 AM
I'm tagging this thread for PICs of your build. Hint..hint..;)

Mike06train
12-28-11, 04:15 PM
The roots and twin screw type superchargers come on at a much lower RPM then the centrifugal type like the Vortech.

71Dragtruck
12-28-11, 07:24 PM
Well dropped it off at 8am, supposed to pick it up on Friday.

Naf
12-29-11, 03:44 AM
The roots and twin screw type superchargers come on at a much lower RPM then the centrifugal type like the Vortech.

And thats why i chose the vortech over the maggie. Mind you i had a wicked price on a maggie, with all the right sweet upgrades, but i am more worried about the tranny than the engine. There will be a lot of pressure on the tranny down low with a maggie, add the fact our vehicles weigh in heavy. Plus i am always around 2000-3500rpm which is where the little vortech will be at full boost. Keepin the AFM means i am still in the window to also have four cylinders active while cruisin at 80mph

71Dragtruck
12-31-11, 09:02 PM
Well got it home tonight, the right peddle works great I tested it several times passing traffic LOL I'll try for some pictures tomorrow

murphy
12-31-11, 09:09 PM
Ah come on we want more than this ! :)

felixgun
01-01-12, 11:11 AM
Waiting for pics! Sounds awesome.

71Dragtruck
01-01-12, 08:03 PM
No good pictures today guys, had to go out of town this morning. All I have is a couple crappy cell pics right now, but I will get some better ones soon.

Anyway what I did was:

2-3 drop using McGaughys kit
Hotchkis sway bar kit
Baer extreme + 6 piston brake kit front and rear
Airaid Cold air box
ARH 1-7/8 Long tube headers with high flow Y plus cats
Magnaflow cat back exhaust ( now with the headers will likely swapping to Corsa Touring )
MSD wires
DEI heat shields
And last but not least a Magnuson TVS 1900 magnacharger.

The blower pully was swapped to a smaller size to make up for the lost boost with the long tubes. A custom tune was done and the tranny tweaked for shift points ans whatever other magic they do these days. (I usually work with old school muscle)

Shop claimed a 155hp increase and I'm sure it's there, it pulls pretty damn hard and makes me smile as I watch the fuel level drop. I'd say it pulls at least as hard as a new camero, considering the size and weight I think that's pretty good. Plus it sounds WAY better, I loved the sound of my Magnaflow system before the headers, but not it drones a bit much for my liking, sounds awesome at idle and when into it, but can see it getting tiresome on long trips.

2007XTSDub
01-01-12, 10:55 PM
Nice looking forward to pics:-)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Buff
01-01-12, 10:59 PM
I wonder is this it
http://www.davenportmotorsports.com/galleries/6

71Dragtruck
01-01-12, 11:34 PM
I wonder is this it
http://www.davenportmotorsports.com/galleries/6

No that's the owners old Escalade mine is tricoat diamond white. I tried to load some crappy pics using my cell but they wouldn't go. I'll try tomorrow when I'm back home.

murphy
01-01-12, 11:38 PM
Sounds very interesting..did Davenport run it on the dyno ? I didn't think they had a 4x4 dyno...or they road tuned it ?

71Dragtruck
01-02-12, 01:22 AM
Sounds very interesting..did Davenport run it on the dyno ? I didn't think they had a 4x4 dyno...or they road tuned it ?

Road tune, no 4 wheel dyno. I wish they had one for a before and after pull.

murphy
01-02-12, 01:27 AM
Yeah..sorta tough to determine actual net gain with out a baseline or perform fine tweaking..

71Dragtruck
01-02-12, 02:15 AM
Yeah..sorta tough to determine actual net gain with out a baseline or perform fine tweaking..

Yeah that's why I said "claim" of 155hp, I guess they work with some guy in the US with final tuning that has done lots of dyno time. I don't know of anybody up here with a 4 wheel dyno. IDK so far I'm happy with the results, don't think I'd want anymore power put to the drivetrain, it pulls pretty damn hard once it gets up in boost. I don't own anything slow so it takes quite a bit to make me grin when I open it up.

----------

Finally got some crappy pics to load with my iPad, its a little dirty we had freezing rain and the highways are loaded with salt.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/IMG_3301.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/IMG_3302.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/IMG_3303.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/IMG_3304.jpg

Naf
01-02-12, 07:06 AM
Lookin good.

You should have done a awd dyno tune instead of a road tune. You are able to dial in the timin a bit better.

Did you keep the DOD/AFM?

Whats your mileage these days? Are you gettin better MPG?

Also you runnin the stock pump setup or boost a pump?

71Dragtruck
01-02-12, 01:01 PM
Lookin good.

You should have done a awd dyno tune instead of a road tune. You are able to dial in the timin a bit better.

Did you keep the DOD/AFM?

Whats your mileage these days? Are you gettin better MPG?

Also you runnin the stock pump setup or boost a pump?

There are no 4 wheel dynos near me, drove over 4hrs just to get to a shop that does these all the time as is.

Excuse my ignorance but DOD/AFM ????????

Mileage if anything seams a tad better, for sure not worse but hard to tell as all I did was drive it home and put it in my garage and it's hard not to punch it all the way home.

Running the stock pump.

hdmech
01-02-12, 02:09 PM
Your set up looks good , clean install too . I think Naf is asking if you retained the displacement on demand/active fuel management feature , where ECU can drop 4 cylinders during cruise speeds ? I'm not sure but I think they brought that out after the 08's.

71Dragtruck
01-02-12, 02:16 PM
Your set up looks good , clean install too . I think Naf is asking if you retained the displacement on demand/active fuel management feature , where ECU can drop 4 cylinders during cruise speeds ? I'm not sure but I think they brought that out after the 08's.

Ahh ok, no mine doesn't have that option, wish it did.

Naf
01-03-12, 02:22 AM
Thats the system, i have the newer mode and i installed the 189-423-13 Compcoms cam. Great power after 3500rpm right up to the redline, and has a 116lsa so she loves to rev. I pull my 4000lb boat and at 80kph, at 2000rpm, she drops to 4cyl mode and i can hold my speed while gettin to the jetty. I am waitin on CCA to send me the timing tables so i may maximize my power output. Its just fair, i have their cam, and other parts...

----------

Just an observation, if i dont log in i see your pix right away. If i log on i just see the address for your pix...I think someone needs to fix this issue...Aught to be the other way around...

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 05:31 PM
Well installed a Corsa Touring exhaust today, sure liked the sound of my Magnaflow better when I punch on it. The Corsa is WAY louder when into it and not as deep of a sound more tinny but with my long tubes the Magnaflow was just too damn annoying at cruise speed where as the Corsa is like stock.

Guess if I have to live with one or the other I'll pick quiet cruising, too bad Corsa didn't have a resonator on the tail pipe to tame it a bit.

murphy
01-12-12, 05:35 PM
I ordered my supercharger today..hotchis swaybar fit (fronts & rear) and McGaughty lowering kit...hope to have it completed in 4-6 weeks... :)

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 05:37 PM
I'll also add that it's strange how small the pipe is compared to the Magnaflow, yet they say the Corsa makes good power.

murphy
01-12-12, 05:38 PM
Mr. 71Dragtruck..are you happy with the Baer setup ? Is there a noticeable improvement in stopping ? I suspect they won't fit my 18" stocker winter wheels ?

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 05:42 PM
I ordered my supercharger today..hotchis swaybar fit (fronts & rear) and McGaughty lowering kit...hope to have it completed in 4-6 weeks... :)

Good job! I'm sure you'll be very happy when your done. You having it done in Edmonton?

----------

Mr. 71Dragtruck..are you happy with the Baer setup ? Is there a noticeable improvement in stopping ? I suspect they won't fit my 18" stocker winter wheels ?

Yes I'm happy with it, way more stopping power, you can download a template on Baers website to check rim figment. I bought a 20" rim for a spare and it fits, didnt hcvone run 18" in winter with his?? Have to ask him

murphy
01-12-12, 05:44 PM
Good job! I'm sure you'll be very happy when your done. You having it done in Edmonton?
Yup. DW gets the kit from Davenport as well as the tune. We'll have to send the ecm to them to put in one of their custom tunes..the sc kit and lowering kit is available but the Hotchis may be 4 weeks so we may do part of the whole install then do swaybars later..I think I'll stay with the stock airbox for now as I'm OLD and don't really want ANY more noise than necessary.. :)

----------

----------

Yes I'm happy with it, way more stopping power, you can download a template on Baers website to check rim figment. I bought a 20" rim for a spare and it fits, didnt hcvone run 18" in winter with his?? Have to ask him

Do you have a model number as the Baer site does not reference a 6 piston kit for our truck per se.. ?

hcvone
01-12-12, 05:49 PM

They will not fit your 18's, because they did not fit mine, I had to switch to GM 20's, and had to do a little grinding on the inside of the wheels, a little tighter than I would like, but I wasn't going to make sets of wheels for the winter, and ruin them in the snow.

----------

Yup. DW gets the kit from Davenport as well as the tune. We'll have to send the ecm to them to put in one of their custom tunes..the sc kit and lowering kit is available but the Hotchis may be 4 weeks so we may do part of the whole install then do swaybars later..I think I'll stay with the stock airbox for now as I'm OLD and don't really want ANY more noise than necessary.. :)

----------

Do you have a model number as the Baer site does not reference a 6 piston kit for our truck per se.. ?

These are the Baer Claw part number on my trucks
Front Ext + 4301019 Rear Ext + 4302136

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 05:50 PM
I'll see if I can find the part numbers for you, the invoice is at my accountants but I might have it in a old email or something.

murphy
01-12-12, 05:50 PM
They will not fit your 18's, because they did not fit mine, I had to switch to GM 20's, and had to do a little grinding on the inside of the wheels, a little tighter than I would like, but I wasn't going to make sets of wheels for the winter, and ruin them in the snow.
Okay thanks or the info..If I do them I guess I'll wait till summer and address the winter wheel/tire thing at the next winter season.

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 05:51 PM
Never mind, the man himself beat me to it ;)

murphy
01-12-12, 05:51 PM
I'll see if I can find the part numbers for you, the invoice is at my accountants but I might have it in a old email or something.

Great.. I guess I could call Baer too..could you get yellow (to match the vette :) )....

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 05:53 PM
Okay thanks or the info..If I do them I guess I'll wait till summer and address the winter wheel/tire thing at the next winter season.

Also check, davenport just did a 2011 Platinum and said the rims did not fit at all, even with spacers, I have to run 1/4 spacers in the front with mine to clear.

murphy
01-12-12, 05:53 PM

----------

These are the Baer Claw part number on my trucks
Front Ext + 4301019 Rear Ext + 4302136

Thanks hcv..

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 05:54 PM
Great.. I guess I could call Baer too..could you get yellow (to match the vette :) )....

You can get a few colors, my second choice would have been silver.

hcvone
01-12-12, 05:55 PM

You have a good choice of colors, and yes yellow is one of them, but will cost you 200, here is their list

powder - red/black - black/red - silver/red, custom powder colors - nickel plated - polished (add $200)

richw3533
01-12-12, 05:57 PM
Lets see some pictures of this machine!!

murphy
01-12-12, 05:57 PM
I'll have to photoshop red/yellow/silver but I think yellow would be too loud..

Interesting tidbit about the 2011 platinum at Davenport..guess I'd better call Steve..

hcvone
01-12-12, 05:58 PM
Also check, davenport just did a 2011 Platinum and said the rims did not fit at all, even with spacers, I have to run 1/4 spacers in the front with mine to clear.

I have them on my 11' with stock platinum wheels :confused:

murphy
01-12-12, 06:00 PM
Are there any issues with fornt/rear bias(ing) ? or do you run them on the rear too..

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 06:03 PM

Really?? What's with that?

----------

Lets see some pictures of this machine!!

Mine? There are pics in this thread

hcvone
01-12-12, 06:07 PM
Really?? What's with that?

----------

Mine? There are pics in this thread

EXTREME+15's front and rear. I called my friend at Baer but he is sking and out until Wednesday, I wanted to ask him about your fitment issue even with the 22's, because of no snow I will be in the shop tomorrow and ask my one installer if he did anything special to get my wheels on without any rubbing issues.

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 06:09 PM

Real stupid question, but are yours the 6 S + calipers?

hcvone
01-12-12, 06:16 PM
Real stupid question, but are yours the 6 S + calipers?

6 S? Yes they are 6 piston, the big boys, both the 14+ and 15+ use the "S" , the "S" standing for stainless steel I believe.

6S - six piston - radial mount - 1-piece 2618-alloy forged MonoBlock construction - stainless steel pistons, abutments and noise suppression springs

murphy
01-12-12, 06:27 PM
According to Davenport GM buys wheels from 3 suppliers and they vary in dimension so trial with template is critical..

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 06:32 PM
6 S? Yes they are 6 piston, the big boys, both the 14+ and 15+ use the "S" , the "S" standing for stainless steel I believe.

6S - six piston - radial mount - 1-piece 2618-alloy forged MonoBlock construction - stainless steel pistons, abutments and noise suppression springs

I was pretty sure you had the same, just grasping a straws as to why you had no figment issues like I had. Maybe that rim supplier rumor I guess.

----------

According to Davenport GM buys wheels from 3 suppliers and they vary in dimension so trial with template is critical..

Or go all out and order a set of HRE rims too

hcvone
01-12-12, 06:43 PM
I was pretty sure you had the same, just grasping a straws as to why you had no figment issues like I had. Maybe that rim supplier rumor I guess.

----------

I can see myself putting chains around my 8k HRE wheels, no I really can't.

murphy
01-12-12, 06:44 PM

----------

No way..I luv my Platinum wheels..

hcvone
01-12-12, 06:46 PM

I heard there were two suppliers of the platinum wheels, because there are 3 different Escalade wheels, platinum, standard 22's and the 18's

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 06:52 PM
I can see myself putting chains around my 8k HRE wheels, no I really can't.

Ha ha no doubt!

----------

No way..I luv my Platinum wheels..

I'm sticking with my stockers too, I like the way they look.

hcvone
01-12-12, 06:59 PM
Ha ha no doubt!

----------

I'm sticking with my stockers too, I like the way they look.

I manufacturer wheels and I have stock platinum wheels on all my trucks, well not the 07', yet anyway. We programmed to make a 3 piece forged version of the platinum wheels, the stock ones are cast, to make them lighter and stronger, but to do them right the polishing before chrome plating would take forever, so it just was not worth it, but I may make a set for my red CTS-V coupe. :)

71Dragtruck
01-12-12, 11:09 PM
I manufacturer wheels and I have stock platinum wheels on all my trucks, well not the 07', yet anyway. We programmed to make a 3 piece forged version of the platinum wheels, the stock ones are cast, to make them lighter and stronger, but to do them right the polishing before chrome plating would take forever, so it just was not worth it, but I may make a set for my red CTS-V coupe. :)

I'd love to have a set of one offs, something that still fit and looked like high end factory rims. I love the CTS-V rims.

----------

I know these are cheap rims, but I really like them and I'm very temped to try a set.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/2a58413a.jpg

hcvone
01-13-12, 07:40 AM
I'd love to have a set of one offs, something that still fit and looked like high end factory rims. I love the CTS-V rims.

----------

I know these are cheap rims, but I really like them and I'm very temped to try a set.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/2a58413a.jpg

Rule of thumb years ago was it had to be forged if the wheel was 20" or larger, for a few reasons, the first was weight, cast wheels weight some times double, kills your brakes and front end parts, the second was strength, forged wheels are 10-20 times stronger than cast, I have many customers that have broken wheels hitting potholes in the winter, and may times it damages other truck parts if your wheels break like the brakes and rotors. With GM wheels you have at least them behind you in any sort of legal recourse, don't get that from overseas wheels. They use on some cast wheels "spin casting" gives a better casting and is slightly stronger than a standard cast wheel, but it's still cast. Of course many don't want to spend the extra money for forged wheels, for me it was peace of mind

71Dragtruck
01-13-12, 01:14 PM
Rule of thumb years ago was it had to be forged if the wheel was 20" or larger, for a few reasons, the first was weight, cast wheels weight some times double, kills your brakes and front end parts, the second was strength, forged wheels are 10-20 times stronger than cast, I have many customers that have broken wheels hitting potholes in the winter, and may times it damages other truck parts if your wheels break like the brakes and rotors. With GM wheels you have at least them behind you in any sort of legal recourse, don't get that from overseas wheels. They use on some cast wheels "spin casting" gives a better casting and is slightly stronger than a standard cast wheel, but it's still cast. Of course many don't want to spend the extra money for forged wheels, for me it was peace of mind

I hear you, I can't see myself putting a junk set of rims on, even the 20" spare I bought is at least a GM rim. Just thought that set would look good, still have that factory look if you know what I mean.

hcvone
01-13-12, 01:30 PM
I hear you, I can't see myself putting a junk set of rims on, even the 20" spare I bought is at least a GM rim. Just thought that set would look good, still have that factory look if you know what I mean.

I sure do. :)

murphy
01-13-12, 03:27 PM
Darn,
Looks as though the Baer Extreme will not fit my Platinum wheels...I made a cardboard template last night and they are not even close..Maybe I'm doing something wrong here but it appears the caliper hits the spokes as these wheels are a very "dished" profile.
HVC do you run these with your Platinum stocker wheel as below or would you know if any of the other big boys brake kits might work ? TIA
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v33/p406624205-6.jpg

hcvone
01-13-12, 04:47 PM
Darn,
Looks as though the Baer Extreme will not fit my Platinum wheels...I made a cardboard template last night and they are not even close..Maybe I'm doing something wrong here but it appears the caliper hits the spokes as these wheels are a very "dished" profile.
HVC do you run these with your Platinum stocker wheel as below or would you know if any of the other big boys brake kits might work ? TIA
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v33/p406624205-6.jpg

Yes I do, and my GM 20's fit too, had not had them on just test fit, but there was no issue other than the fact that they are shoe horned in there, I would like more clearance for the snow that is coming down at 3" an hour and has for several hours now. I am trying to track dowm the number of platinum wheel manfacturers and get some more info, the fit with my platinum wheels are very close at the spokes, it's like a few business cards away, looks about 1/16 and 3/32 clearance, I don't know what the equals in metric, because 100 years ago when we were tought about the US going to the metric system ANYDAY NOW, well that never happened. :)

I got them wheels too

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff389/hcvone/DSC_0044.jpg

I have removed the hammer on weights since the pics. ;)

murphy
01-13-12, 05:02 PM
Well either the supplier sent me the wrong template "extreme plus baer 6mb, 15.0" or our wheels are quite different because as I see it I'll need to add about a 5/8" to 3/4" spacer to clear the caliper with the wheel hub area. That being said am I looking for issues with such a large spacer or is this not such a concern ?
thanks again

hcvone
01-13-12, 05:15 PM
Well either the supplier sent me the wrong template "extreme plus baer 6mb, 15.0" or our wheels are quite different because as I see it I'll need to add about a 5/8" to 3/4" spacer to clear the caliper with the wheel hub area. That being said am I looking for issues with such a large spacer or is this not such a concern ?
thanks again
I know people that run spaces and have had no issues ever, but on my trucks and the way I drive. I would try this, get washers or spacers (probably won't have them) and put 3/4" on the lugs and then carefully put the wheel on and check how much thread depth you get.

murphy
01-13-12, 05:21 PM
Picture is worth....
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v35/p466896684-6.jpg
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s3/v39/p403707732-6.jpg
Good point with the trial run with washers..may not have enough lug left...gheeze

hcvone
01-13-12, 05:34 PM
Ok, I just was out in the garage, looking at the snow, sorry I back, I have my 11' and 12' here right now, I pulled the center cap off and measured the threaded area showing, my stock 12' has about 1/2" of thread showing thru the lug nut, so a 5/8 or 3/4 would seem to require longer lug studs, which is not a problem, or should I say shouldn't be a real problem, but here is the strange thing, my 11' with Baer's have less than 1/4" on the same measurement telling me there is more to this story, and no spacer because I pulled the wheel. Rick will be back at Baer later next week and will check with him, and having my salesperson (can't say girl anymore) contact our GM friend to try to figure this crap out, now it's this time

Pretty nice
http://www.angelfire.com/il3/vintagesnowmobiles/71olimpic340.jpg

I think NOT

http://motorsportsnewswire.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/mxz_xrs_25_wallpaper.jpg

----------

----------

Get all the numbers and infoo from the inside of the wheel and post it for me

murphy
01-13-12, 05:41 PM
Your first pic didn't post but bring those puppies up here and I'll take you to some real mountain action... :) The owner of this shop bult my sleds in the day and is my riding partner http://www.mountainmagic.ca/

hcvone
01-13-12, 06:21 PM
Your first pic didn't post but bring those puppies up here and I'll take you to some real mountain action... :) The owner of this shop bult my sleds in the day and is my riding partner http://www.mountainmagic.ca/

Nice, my sleds are all short tracks, but have rode Yellowstone and out west many times, we used to go to Quebec several times a year, but so many stolen sleds, not any of mine, and a general dislike for us, not with bar, hotel or restaurant owners, they like money everywhere, but just many people we met, and you know how them dam American's are. ;) How are you trail systems? We have the best on the east coast in the USA outside my door, now almost 1500 miles of groomed trails. Probably a pretty far drive from me to you

----------

To bad I didn't know you some years ago, had a home on FlatHead Lake, and Glacier Park is one of my favorite places on earth

murphy
01-13-12, 06:21 PM
Nice, my sleds are all short tracks, but have rode Yellowstone and out west many times, we used to go to Quebec several times a year, but so many stolen sleds, not any of mine, and a general dislike for us, not with bar, hotel or restaurant owners, they like money everywhere, but just many people we met, and you know how them dam American's are. ;) How are you trail systems? We have the best on the east coast in the USA outside my door, now almost 1500 miles of groomed trails. Probably a pretty far drive from me to you
We don't have the trail systems set up like yours but you virtually can ride for as far as you wish almost right outside your back door..(remember we are in the sticks here :) )...ya know the wild wild west...lakes, fields, poker runs..unlimited. Then only hours away are the Rockies and if you've never been well..
You can quad there in the summer and the cabin at the trail head will have a stair case of about 20 steps to get to the door..where this time of the year you walk straight in..that much snow...and there's no way to explain a sunny..vast mountain terrain/area with unlimited untouched powder..no short tracks here...159" x 2" paddles :)

hcvone
01-13-12, 06:28 PM
We don't have the trail systems set up like yours but you virtually can ride for as far as you wish almost right outside your back door..(remember we are in the sticks here :) )...ya know the wild wild west...lakes, fields, poker runs..unlimited. Then only hours away are the Rockies and if you've never been well..
You can quad there in the summer and the cabin at the trail head will have a stair case of about 20 steps to get to the door..where this time of the year you walk straight in..that much snow...and there's no way to explain a sunny..vast mountain terrain/area with unlimited untouched powder..no short tracks here...159" x 2" paddles :)

Where are you lacated in Alberta? you closer to US or Calgary or north of that?

murphy
01-13-12, 06:37 PM
Edmonton..north of Calgary..

71Dragtruck
01-13-12, 06:43 PM
This is my one sled.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/P1010085Large.jpg

hcvone
01-13-12, 06:45 PM
Edmonton..north of Calgary..

I have been to Edmonton 3 times to watch the flyers play the oilers, was kind of a hockey junkie, and have been to every city there is a NHL team for, it was easy when your company has it's own jet, was a big Pronger fan forever, and I must say, the first time I saw a game there and the fans stood up and sang your national anthem I cried, seriously cried, I never heard singing that loud, people proud of their country, a great thing, kind of what america used to be.

71Dragtruck
01-13-12, 06:46 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/P4070106.jpg

hcvone
01-13-12, 06:46 PM
This is my one sled.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/71Dragtruck/P1010085Large.jpg

I miss riding in places where you die if you're stupid, there is nothing like the mountain backdrop, great shot

murphy
01-13-12, 06:52 PM
Ah Mr. 71Dragtruck can relate...he's been der...dun..dat...
Oh I know the hockey series you were here for..those singin days have somewhat toned down,,

hcvone
01-13-12, 06:58 PM
Ah Mr. 71Dragtruck can relate...he's been der...dun..dat...
Oh I know the hockey series you were here for..those singin days have somewhat toned down,,

They may have but I will never forget that as long as I live, the women sitting next to us leaned over and asked me what was wrong, so I told her and she started to cry, I don't think anything is etched into my head from any sports event I was ever at like that. Been to Jasper in the summer before, they have a really nice lodge there if I remeber correctly. Off to play in the snow, have a good evening. :)

murphy
01-13-12, 07:03 PM
Have fun..no snow here :(
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v36/p105887873-6.jpg

hcvone
01-14-12, 10:22 AM
Have fun..no snow here :(
http://gpchase.zenfolio.com/img/s11/v36/p105887873-6.jpg

We got about 10" in town and about 2-3 feet closer to Lake Ontario, under zero right now with 25-50 mph winds, we were out until 4 this morning and did about 260 miles, just about perfect. Still snowing lightly :)

hcvone
01-16-12, 10:38 AM
Got about 2 feet on the ground now, it has not been over zero for 2 days :bouncy:
I have a real problem with my big brakes that has never happened before, they are so packed with snow and ice they stopped working, yea stopped working, the truck is in my garage defrosting, if I was in town I would have been in real trouble, the fit os so tight it could make diamonds from coal, no issues with my stock truck, well stock so to speak. :(