: 2007 Escalade design issues/questions......
12-27-11, 05:39 PM
For a large truck.......has anyone else noticed that :
- there is very little room in it?? I have two toddlers in carseats in the 2nd row captains chairs and their little legs go right up against the front seats!
- if you use the cup holders, there is no room to put anything else! just ordered some "stuff", maybe connect cupholders to air vents or use mat on dashboard to compensate....any other innovative ideas?
- when DVD screen is down, it obstructs central rear mirror view a lot!
Any suggestions or ideas??
12-27-11, 05:54 PM
1. I think the baby seat issue has to do with height of driver or passenger having the seat further back, try putting the baby seat behind the passenger seat and bring the passenger seat forward or put the baby seat in the middle of the third row that will allow room in middle for your child's feet to be free
2. Cup holders are made for cups, please elaborate on what you want to put there that cannot go in the console
3. The DVD screen in middle is no different than any other vehicle out there like vans etc, platinum Escalades come with the headrest screens but your case an aftermarket install of headrest DVD unit/screens would assist.
I hope this helps
12-27-11, 08:16 PM
Thanks but the carseats need to be in the 2nd row. And there is one behind both the driver and passenger seat. I had a 2007 Toyota Sequioa for 6 years and 1 - there was ample room between the first and second row, now when my 4 yr old gets out of her carseat, she needs to squeeze onto the floor and that is behind my seat which is far up, 2 - the cup holders were separate from an area to put your phone, papers, food, whatever, and 3 - the DVD screen was in the same place as this one but did not obstruct the rear view at all. Just surprising in that the Escalade is so large and by all accounts, a luxury vehicle, and does not have as good design elements. I just got it so maybe I need to get used to some of it. Ie, driving home tonight, I was impressed by the size of the side mirrors, so maybe in this car, one is more reliant on them than the rear view mirror.
12-27-11, 08:38 PM
I would highly recommend researching any large purchase before buying. Not just for reliability issues and problem areas, but also for everyday use. Regardless of looks and implied application, not all cars can perform the personal required daily functions of the buyer. All cars have problems, I just hope the good will outweigh the bad for you, just as it has for me. Whatever the shortcomings, I love my car!!
12-27-11, 08:51 PM
Lol We thought we did. We do love the car other than these items. It's a fantastic ride and no regrets!
12-27-11, 10:36 PM
The Escalade is very large from the outside view but you have to realize the size of the engine compartment and the size of dashboard which is larger than any vehicle that I have every owned, plus the width of the front seats' backrest...but those together and you have losed interior space, the large mirrors ease passing and viewing the road, good luck with your vehicle and like mrhollad said always investigate prior to purchasing, we all have different requirements in your case the room for kids car seats would be high on your list, it would be a great point to pass on to others though...welcome to be forum and happy reading
12-28-11, 12:37 AM
12-28-11, 02:30 PM
my guess is that your comment concerning the cup holders are the ones in the center console. Check the thread for the center console lid as the new lid will have some more storage. I too find that there is no real spot for my cell phone if the cup holder is in use. Otherwise I try to use the top compartment where possible. As for kids seats, waited for that stage to be past prior to getting my "want" :-)
12-28-11, 02:33 PM
Exactly....I am trying out a few add-ons, ie, cupholder attached to air vent, sticky mat on dashboard, etc, to see how to best set up.
12-28-11, 03:53 PM
One of the members (Murphy) in here installed a cell phone holder in his car, pro clip I think.
12-28-11, 04:27 PM
Thanks I will check it out!