: 2007 Escalade Bluetooth Recommendations - Latest & Greatest!

Karens1818
12-27-11, 05:24 PM
Hi, I just bought a 2007 Escalade and am loving it. I am also kind of a tekkie and want complete Bluetooth integration, ie, seamless, like factory installed. I had the Parrot in my Sequioa and it was *fine* but I want newer and better technology and full use of all OEM systems to the extent possible.
I have read about IHF1000, Blu-Fusion, Onstar "upgrade" from 2007 to OEM (this appeals to me the most but is it really real? And can we get the part, have it installed, and have it work??), etc etc.
We have built in Navigation and built in DVD.
Please advise REAL experiences and recommendations on the best way to go for integrated BT!
I am right now using Onstar 3 month trial, I bought 60 minutes for $5 to play around with. I will forward my Blackberry calls to the Onstar phone # for use in the car. My husband can't stand hearing that I love the seamlessness of the Onstar phone lol (I don't blame him at $18/month), but I only want as good a solution using Bluetooth.....
Thanks in advance!!
Karen

CadX6
12-27-11, 09:24 PM
I had the Motorola IHF1000 in my 2007 for a couple of years. It was OK as far as hands free devices go, but no audio muting (unless you want to do do bunch of wire surgery behind the dash), no onscreen display (actually no display at all), very low volume unless you can stick the speaker right next to the driver's ear. It was also kind of a pain to mount the unit behind the glove box, run all the speaker, microphone, & power wires.
I guess what I'm saying is the factory Bluetooth in my 09 is 1000% better.
The are several extensive threads here about upgrading the vcim in a 2007 / 08 to 09 or newer. I didn't follow them real closely, but from what I gather it's doable without a lot of grief. There might be an issue of losing OnStar though.

krieghoff
12-27-11, 09:29 PM
I purchased a VCIM with Bluetooth off ebay for 2008 ESV. It is the only way to go!

I installed the GMX-550 at the same time.

They both work great!

It is the only way to go!

Karens1818
12-27-11, 09:33 PM
Thanks to both of youn, I am coming to the same conclusion!

2007caddy
12-27-11, 11:14 PM
Upgraded my VCIM and added the Locpick by coastaletech...if you don't have a reverse camera I would do all three at the same time (aftermarket camera from a local audio shop)....a dealer will have to program the VCIM which could be a nightmare if the dealer tech is not familiar with the process, quite a few threads on here which details the obstacles and success of the VCIM upgrade.

Karens1818
12-28-11, 12:40 AM
We do have the rear camera. Thanks we will need to read up on all the how-to's. Perhaps someone will know who can do this for us in the NY/NJ area?

05Gride
12-28-11, 01:45 AM
I've also been researching the best way to get BT added to my 08 along with a lockpick and iPod integration. And everything I've read about the Coastaltech GMX-550 has be worried about the audio quality...

krieghoff
12-28-11, 02:00 AM
I installed my VCIM with Bluetooth on about 1/2 hour.

I didn't have the dealer reprogram it but I lost my OnStar which I never used anyway!

2007caddy
12-28-11, 02:02 AM
I have no sound quality issues with Coastaletech products, I think like everything else it's all hit and miss...sometimes you get a lemon

Big Windy Ext
12-28-11, 07:30 AM
I have the upgraded GM vcim w/bluetooth and coastaltech,lost Onstar. I.really don't.care about Onstar. I have a blue fusion in the wrapper if you want one. Lol

Karens1818
12-28-11, 09:58 AM
I too am concerned about gmx550 audio quality. So if I understand correctly, the vcim change alone will allow me to use bt, correct? And that is with the same audio quality as onstar has now? Also onstar functionality may or may not be lost as I understand it which is fine for me.
Now, please advise exactly what the system will do if 1- the vcim is reprogrammed or 2 - not reprogrammed?
Lastly, anyone know a dealer who will reprogram it in the NY/NJ/PA area?
Thanks for all the help! And thanks for the offer but no thanks on the Blu Fusion :)

Big Windy Ext
12-28-11, 10:27 AM
The GM vcim is plug and play . You can get them on E-bay or sometimes members trade up and remove theirs post them in the classifieds . A dealer is not allowed to install the vcim by orders of the General.

Karens1818
12-28-11, 11:23 AM
If my husband does not want to install it himself, I imagine our mechanic (non-dealer) would do it?
The Coastaltech is for other mods, right? Ie, full use of camera at all times, address input when driving, etc. Not needed if just Bluetooth phone functionality is desired?

Karens1818
12-28-11, 01:32 PM
And which vcim part numbers are proven to work in the 07??

Mike06train
12-28-11, 03:04 PM
I upgraded my VCIM. If you don't need the onstar, there is no need to have it reporgramed. Some people have just hit the onstar button and the operator has been able to do it and some have found dealers that will reprogram the unit. With the VCIM you also gain voice commands for the audio system. I run my ipod through the rear AUX input. I find with a long cord I don't have to take my eyes off the road as much as if I had it through the NAV screen

05Gride
12-29-11, 12:21 AM
If my husband does not want to install it himself, I imagine our mechanic (non-dealer) would do it?
The Coastaltech is for other mods, right? Ie, full use of camera at all times, address input when driving, etc. Not needed if just Bluetooth phone functionality is desired?

That's right, the GMX-550 is a "lockpick" which allows for iPod integration, full use of the nav while moving (i.e. entering addresses, viewing DVD) on the front screen. If you just want Bluetooth the VCIM upgrade will work. I'm also curious how the stock microphone works for folks. I've also additionally heard that the microphone that comes in the Escalade is garbage and doesn't have any noise canceling, which could make conversations a bit cumbersome. Yet another reason I'm looking at the PAC Audio products.

2007caddy
12-29-11, 01:04 AM
The escalade microphone is fine in my opinion, it's right above your head in the drivers seat....I haven't heard anyone on the other end of a phone conversation complain...keep in mind when you're on a phone conversation the stereo is muted so you should not have background noice unless your Escalade has excessive wind noise.

Karens1818
12-29-11, 09:24 AM
And what functionality will I not have if I can't manage to get the vcim reprogrammed?

crankedupforit
12-29-11, 10:28 AM
Here is an interesting post I found from GM Inside News forum regarding Tech2 and a new VCIM. Although it's not specific to our Escaldes, perhaps it offers some insight. Don't bother to read the first post. What I gather is that a replacement VCIM in a GM vehicle is rare but it can be recognized by OnStar if the dealer knows what he is doing.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f53/onstar-vcim-replacement-help-long-post-82517/

Karens1818
12-29-11, 11:20 AM
The escalade microphone is fine in my opinion, it's right above your head in the drivers seat....I haven't heard anyone on the other end of a phone conversation complain...keep in mind when you're on a phone conversation the stereo is muted so you should not have background noice unless your Escalade has excessive wind noise.

I am in a three month trial period for Onstar and I bought some minutes to play around with it while we figure this all out. I have asked people on the other end how the sound quality is and they say good. On my end, it is very clear. I did notice that while I was on a call on the highway, there was enough wind noise that it made it a little difficult to hear on my end (we are also reading up on the 07 wind noise issues as well for any fix). So I would say, the stock system seems to work pretty well.

----------

Here is an interesting post I found from GM Inside News forum regarding Tech2 and a new VCIM. Although it's not specific to our Escaldes, perhaps it offers some insight. Don't bother to read the first post. What I gather is that a replacement VCIM in a GM vehicle is rare but it can be recognized by OnStar if the dealer knows what he is doing.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f53/onstar-vcim-replacement-help-long-post-82517/

That is great info, thanks! Also, I did not realize that independent mechanics may also have the Tech II system so the repogramming does not necessarily need to be done by a dealer?

krieghoff
12-29-11, 11:31 AM
I purchased my 2008 ESV early in 2009. I have OnStar and I have never used it!

Philasprtsfan
12-30-11, 07:50 PM
I have an 07 EXT and I am telling you I installed my blue star (in less then 15 minutes) and I love it and haven't had one problem. Down side you can no longer use onstar, upside everything. Not sure if others have had the same experience as me, but I love it. and 279 isn't a horrible price when you consider what you will pay for other aftermarket BT's that are completely exposed. http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html

Karens1818
12-30-11, 08:02 PM
VCIM bought off EBay, spoke to our mechanic and he will install it AND he has a friend at a GM dealer who he is sure will reprogramit for us. Thanks to all for your input, I'm psyched!

48Dodge
12-31-11, 01:26 AM

Common misconception about that little grill right above the driver seat. That's actually a fan and sensor for the climate control system.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

quattrotman
12-31-11, 03:20 AM
The VCIM will work well for you. I just installed a Motorola T605 with the GMX550 and is works great and also totally integratted. Uses the factory sound system with its own mic and only cost $60. I don't need the phone integration that badly so I didn't want to pay for the VCIM (couldn't find one that the seller would ship to Canada either). Doesn't work with Onstar but I don't want that crap.

2007caddy
12-31-11, 03:42 AM
I stand corrected the microphone is just above the sunroof switch, thanks 48Dodge

brentspatriots
01-01-12, 11:49 AM
for anyone that wants the VCIM module and is looking to swap from the onstar one to the bluetooth vcim, I have done so last year, i gotta say im not happy with it, i find myself manually turning the handsfree off and using my cell to my ear when people call me. It has a bad delay when picking up the phone, it isnt user friendly and has no options to it. You will never dial a number from this system either, its a major pain in the ass, you'll dial with the cell it self and talk over the mic. Just my opinion. If i had to do it again, id try another option or just not bother with handsfree at all. GM and Onstar are terrible for handsfree, they have the deal with onstar and wont venture from it. GM actually believes we want onstar, and the onstar phone numbers that they can offer for an outrageous fee

If you do decide on the bluetooth vcim, keep your onstar vcim for when you trade in your cadillac or sell it privately, new owners or you may want to revert back to the original.

krieghoff
01-01-12, 12:29 PM
Have you tried deleting it from your phone and then reinstalling it?

I put the VCIM wBluetooth in my 2008 ESV and I think it is great!

I wish I would have installed it a long time ago.

prosseda
01-01-12, 02:59 PM
for anyone that wants the VCIM module and is looking to swap from the onstar one to the bluetooth vcim, I have done so last year, i gotta say im not happy with it, i find myself manually turning the handsfree off and using my cell to my ear when people call me. It has a bad delay when picking up the phone, it isnt user friendly and has no options to it. You will never dial a number from this system either, its a major pain in the ass, you'll dial with the cell it self and talk over the mic. Just my opinion. If i had to do it again, id try another option or just not bother with handsfree at all. GM and Onstar are terrible for handsfree, they have the deal with onstar and wont venture from it. GM actually believes we want onstar, and the onstar phone numbers that they can offer for an outrageous fee

If you do decide on the bluetooth vcim, keep your onstar vcim for when you trade in your cadillac or sell it privately, new owners or you may want to revert back to the original.

I have three vehicles with bluetooth onstar modules. I had an older phone that had the delay issue you are speaking of. Now with my new phone. I think you should try pairing somebody elses phone for a test call to see if your issue is really the unit or the combination with your phone.

----------

I have an 07 EXT and I am telling you I installed my blue star (in less then 15 minutes) and I love it and haven't had one problem. Down side you can no longer use onstar, upside everything. Not sure if others have had the same experience as me, but I love it. and 279 isn't a horrible price when you consider what you will pay for other aftermarket BT's that are completely exposed. http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/bluestar.html

The bluestar install is clean. I think the price compares to the onstar retrofit. While operating properly, you probably can't tell the difference since the same mic is used. The bluestar FAQ does say the nav voice commands will not work anymore in case that is a dealbreaker for somebody.

Please answer me this question. Can you answer the phone with your steering wheel buttons or do you have to use the touchscreen?
Thanks

Karens1818
01-06-12, 11:20 PM
So to update...bought the vcim from source one auto on eBay, very efficient purchase, I had it within a few days. Installed today by our mechanic and programmed, although I am not exactly sure what that actually does. Blackberry successfully paired and Bluetooth working beautifully, paired via the steering wheel voice command using the instructions as posted on this forum. Thanks to all for your help! Now...the red light on the rear view mirror - what exactly does that mean? No Onstar? Can Onstar customer service fix that if I tell them my vcim died and I installed a new one? I have read mixed things on that here... Next project(s) will be deciding if we want to purchase the gmx550 and more importantly, tackling that wind noise! Than is again fro all the help, this forum rocks!!!! :yup:

Big Windy Ext
01-07-12, 07:29 AM
Glad the install went well,unfortunately the red light is part of the VCIM swap and means no Onstar . If someone gets your Onstar back please let us know how you did it . I have tried a couple of times and no luck,dealers aren't allowed to program these things.The stumbling block my dealers had was the requirement of a Vin# from a 2009 or newer to program it and need GM to do a work around which GM won't do since its their ban.It has been done but nobody has really come forward to say how. I kinda gave up because I really only wanted bluetooth handsfree not Onstar in the first place. The $250 for the Vcim has payed for itself in savings over Onstar fees. I would like to have Onstar for peace of mind,I have bought minutes when I forgot my phone or had a dead battery on my cell,I haven't had that issue since I switched the Vcim ………yet lol !

Brax
01-07-12, 10:32 AM
Just wondering, will a 2011 radio fit into a 2007? This would get you the new flash memory Nav.

cadmanchris
01-07-12, 11:13 AM
Pretty happy with my '09 CTS VCIM which gives me the Bluetooth. Could care less for Onstar.

RippyPartsDept
01-07-12, 12:31 PM
i've only heard of one or two people getting an upgraded bluetooth VCIM to work with onstar... it involved getting the exact right part number (by luck?)
and a technician who knows how to program it (dealers don't normally program VCIMs - they come pre-programmed)

it's also possible that on some vehicles there is just no way to make onstar work with the upgrade

TBizme
01-30-12, 01:56 PM
'Karens1818' - Just curious, what was the part-number on the VCIM that you got from source1auto on eBay? I too am about to purchase one, but none of the part-numbers mentioned in earlier threads on this subject match what is currently available on eBay.

Karens1818
01-31-12, 11:57 AM
This is from the listing title - BLUETOOTH ONSTAR VCIM MODULE 20787107 12842801 20829984. Then it says -

Other Part Number:

20829984, 12842801, 20783877, 25984444

Manufacturer Part Number: 20787107

It works like a charm and was shipped to me immediately!
Karen

bigtone1013
01-31-12, 05:07 PM
I just ordered the onstar vcim and already have the gmx550 got it today so I'll get them installed at the same time. I'll get back and let you guys know how it worked out.

TBizme
02-01-12, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Karens1818. I know you mentioned your mechanic did the install for you. Do you know if he had make any modifications to the VCIM (i.e. remove any of the xtra mounting clips) or did it just fit?

Your VCIM also came with the antenna correct? Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

----------

Bigtone1013 - Yes please let me know how that combination worked for you, as I'm in the process of doing the same. Any issues or install tips you can share will be appreciated.

bigtone1013
02-26-12, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Karens1818. I know you mentioned your mechanic did the install for you. Do you know if he had make any modifications to the VCIM (i.e. remove any of the xtra mounting clips) or did it just fit?

Your VCIM also came with the antenna correct? Thanks in advance for your replies! :)

----------

Bigtone1013 - Yes please let me know how that combination worked for you, as I'm in the process of doing the same. Any issues or install tips you can share will be appreciated.

They both work perfect

Karens1818
02-26-12, 04:11 PM
Nope, no modifications. He said it was really easy. Yes, it came with the antenna, that is the other part number in the Ebay listing. It went so well that I now have my eye on te GMX550! Next project would love to figure out how to get power up windows, especially drivers side...

george ext
02-26-12, 09:12 PM
I have a 2009ext i just got the new droid 4 and cant get to pair with my truck any suggestions

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-28-12, 01:42 PM
I have a 2009ext i just got the new droid 4 and cant get to pair with my truck any suggestions
Hi George,

Sorry to hear that! Not all phones support all functions, and not all phones are guaranteed to work with the in-vehicle Bluetooth system. See gm.com/bluetooth for more information on compatible phones, page 3-67 of your manual, and, as I'm sure you're aware, our Cadillac Customer Assistance Center phone number is 800-458-8006. I would also be happy to assist you if you're still experiencing pairing issues; please send me a PM anytime.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

48Dodge
02-28-12, 04:12 PM

Have you been able to pair your phone with other bluetooths? Have you paired other phones with your truck? I've got an older Droid incredible and have had several different roms and no issue pairing so the android software shouldn't be the issue. If this is your first time attempting to pair this phone make sure the Bluetooth antenna is on and in pairing mode. With this being a Motorola phone with android gingerbread you really should be able to pair.

jr907
02-28-12, 05:32 PM
Hi ,
There are only three model VCIM's that will work on a 07 & Up Escalade with a working functional Onstar after being reprogrammed thus far they are GM Part # 25984444, 20783877, and its supersedent 20827036 .

prosseda
02-29-12, 12:21 PM
Hi ,
There are only three model VCIM's that will work on a 07 & Up Escalade with a working functional Onstar after being reprogrammed thus far they are GM Part # 25984444, 20783877, and its supersedent 20827036 .

Where are the examples of these being reprogrammed. I heard of one part number but not three.

RippyPartsDept
02-29-12, 01:13 PM
the hardest part is finding a dealer who knows what to do to try and get it programmed correctly

there's a long thread (353 posts) that probably has one or two success stories in there toward the end
lots of good info on finding a vcim and how to install it in there

cosorio
02-29-12, 10:17 PM
I just received my VCIM off a 2011 CTS-V that was wrecked. Installed it and bluetooth worked right away. Next, I hit the blue onstar button and the rep confirmed that I have a 2011 CTS-V. She set it up and gave me a 1 year free subscription to Onstar. A few minutes later, I downloaded the RemoteLink app and I'm locking
and unlocking my doors, honking the horn, and remote starting my car from my iPhone. The only catch is that my iPhone and Onstar thinks my car is a CTS-V rather than an Escalade but who cares?
I've got all the features and functionality of a 2011 model Cadillac within 20 minutes and without taking a trip to the dealer, no messing around with programming. I'm going to start another thread to see if anyone has any success in changing the vehicle on record to my ESV so I can send my membership info to my insurance to get a discount.

2007XTSDub
02-29-12, 10:40 PM
LOL nice. That's too funny. Glad you got it working.:beer:

Esca827
03-01-12, 11:18 PM
Don't waste your time or money on that. I put a parrot Bluetooth in it and it works with the radio and is way better every feature works perfect. Call Mike at nuteck 416-709-0008

krieghoff
03-02-12, 08:58 AM
Nothing works like a replacement VCIM!

bigtone1013
03-02-12, 09:55 AM
My friend is getting Bluestar I think Costar makes it they say all you have to do is unplug the onstar and plug this in and that's it. Does anyone have this so I can tell her how it works, i saw one post just would like more opinions.

krieghoff
03-02-12, 10:31 AM
Google is a great thing!

http://www.costartech.com/pb/products/datasheets/BlueStar%202010%20manual%20rev%202.0.pdf

bigtone1013
03-02-12, 11:04 AM
That's cool but was wanting real life comments of people that are currently using it.

bigtone1013
03-02-12, 12:25 PM

Do you have the 550 LockPick as well

WaterKing
03-02-12, 06:25 PM
I am using a 2009 CTS Vcim as well with success...and can talk to Onstar...they think it is a CTS which doesn't concern me except for potential conflicts in accident reporting. I think mine came from a V6 so diagnostics and other reporting criteria could be off if I activated the service. So I didn't. About a month after installation of new 2012 supernav the light turned red...It was either that it went beyond the three month trial period or interaction with the new radio. Since I can voice dial using the phone's address book or manually input numbers and voice tags to use the Vcims dialer, and use steering wheel commands.. I'm happy.

HOWEVER, if you live in a very marginal reception/transmission area and want to keep Onstar because it seems to work in areas your cell phone does not, i.e. you can still talk to the Onstar advisor when your cell phone shows "no service"---- the 2007-2008 Vcims are better because they have at least twice the power output of the newer one's...In that case I would consider the independent bluetooth solutions. (applies to 2007-2008 and some 2009 models) All newer VCIM's across the board have had their ouput power reduced.

imachap
03-07-12, 09:54 AM
If someone doesn't want Onstar I can understand that you can use a newer VCIM with bluetooth or you can install Bluestar.I'm curious after reading this thread and those who have posted. I've spoken to a dealer and the thing they have advised me is not to swap out the VCIM. They are afraid that it will create more problems. O.K. If it does, can't they get someone to program it? I've read that GM will not program it. Why? What if you have a bad VCIM and need a replacement? Are you left all alone? Surely they can program it. There has to be a way.

RippyPartsDept
03-07-12, 11:36 AM
Dealers do not have training to program VCIMs ... they are pre-programmed from onstar
(it's similar to how radios and clusters are ordered except there's only one place to order from and the module comes pre-programmed)

that doesn't mean that they can't try and possibly be successful
but would you want to commit to pay an unknown service charge for them to try and figure out how to program it?
and on top of that take the risk of them just giving up and saying 'we can't do it' ??

there's no list of vehicles that can be programmed with a newer module and what module it would be
so there's no guarantee that they could even program it if they did know how

it probably won't create more problems if the person doing the programming attempts knows their way around the tech2
but i guess there's always a possibility that something could go wrong and mess it up

----------

ps: I found the thread that I mentioned in post #46

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/191111-who-knows-where-find-part-20783877-a.html

it's long but there's definitely a lot of knowledge in there that might help you out

tommyloan
03-08-12, 10:54 PM
What year is your ESV?

I just received my VCIM off a 2011 CTS-V that was wrecked. Installed it and bluetooth worked right away. Next, I hit the blue onstar button and the rep confirmed that I have a 2011 CTS-V. She set it up and gave me a 1 year free subscription to Onstar. A few minutes later, I downloaded the RemoteLink app and I'm locking
and unlocking my doors, honking the horn, and remote starting my car from my iPhone. The only catch is that my iPhone and Onstar thinks my car is a CTS-V rather than an Escalade but who cares?
I've got all the features and functionality of a 2011 model Cadillac within 20 minutes and without taking a trip to the dealer, no messing around with programming. I'm going to start another thread to see if anyone has any success in changing the vehicle on record to my ESV so I can send my membership info to my insurance to get a discount.

TBizme
04-17-12, 11:18 AM
Thanks Karens1818 for the confirmation. I ordered the VCIM and installed it. But I never get the same voice prompts that everyone else here does. When I press my 'handsfree' button my Onstar never says anything. When I say 'Onstar' it returns..."Onstar call"..and then nothing else. If I try and give any other voice command (e.g. 'phone', or 'bluetooth') my Nav comes back and states it can't recognize the command.

I've even went out and ordered the updated Navigation disc hoping that would fix the issue and still not having any luck. My phone sees 'General Motors' but I can never get it into pairing mode for the truck to tell me the password to pair them. Can someone help me out getting this working??

Karens1818
04-17-12, 12:17 PM
Thanks Karens1818 for the confirmation. I ordered the VCIM and installed it. But I never get the same voice prompts that everyone else here does. When I press my 'handsfree' button my Onstar never says anything. When I say 'Onstar' it returns..."Onstar call"..and then nothing else. If I try and give any other voice command (e.g. 'phone', or 'bluetooth') my Nav comes back and states it can't recognize the command.

I've even went out and ordered the updated Navigation disc hoping that would fix the issue and still not having any luck. My phone sees 'General Motors' but I can never get it into pairing mode for the truck to tell me the password to pair them. Can someone help me out getting this working??

Your prompts won't work because, as you say, your phone is not yet paired. I followed the instructions someone had posted on the forum and they worked well after one or two times trying. I will search for those instructions.

Once your phone is paired, you can either dial from your phone directly (ie using speed dial or something) or from the handfree button on the steering wheel, either way the car bluetooth will kick in. If using the steering wheel button, you need to store numbers. I have only done this so far for a few numbers I call frequently. Hit the handsfree button on the steering wheel, you will get a beep. Say Onstar. It will say Onstar Ready. You say Call, I dont recall if you say the name you saved into there then or after another prompt, but the system at that point will guide you.

----------

Try this for pairing:
Hit the mute button on the steering wheel (thats what the instruction says, but I don't recall, I thought I hit the handfree button, I would try both), say Onstar (maybe after beep), it will say Onstar Ready, you say Bluetooth and then Pair." It will say the 4 digit pairing code and also display it on the dash display.

If that doesn't work, hit the button with the phone symbol on the mirror, hit the mute button on the steering wheel (handfree button?), say Bluetooth and then Pair. Good luck and let me know!

TBizme
04-18-12, 11:53 AM
I think my VCIM is not plugged in properly. As right now I have no light..not Red or Green. If I hit the Onstar buttono on the rearview nothing is happening. So I'm going to start there.Thanks for the suggestions Karens1818. I will let you know how it goes!

Karens1818
04-18-12, 12:18 PM
I think my VCIM is not plugged in properly. As right now I have no light..not Red or Green. If I hit the Onstar buttono on the rearview nothing is happening. So I'm going to start there.Thanks for the suggestions Karens1818. I will let you know how it goes!

Sounds like it. The light should be red after the new vcim install.
Search for the install instructions on the forum, there is a complete set with pictures. I printed it all out and gave my mechanic to follow. He said there were no issues at all.

christiff159
04-18-12, 12:54 PM
Karen- do you name the name of the thread you're referencing? I couldn't find exact pictures with detailed steps like (1) plug blue wire into slot x. I found ones that talked about removing panels and then Bam, install done without talking specific wire connections.

Karens1818
04-18-12, 01:35 PM
Karen- do you name the name of the thread you're referencing? I couldn't find exact pictures with detailed steps like (1) plug blue wire into slot x. I found ones that talked about removing panels and then Bam, install done without talking specific wire connections.

Check this out, not sure if its the same one but it is very detailed.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/191111-who-knows-where-find-part-20783877-a-17.html
Posts #255/256. There may be pix later on in the thread.