: 08 cts valve problems?

djl08cts
12-27-11, 04:29 PM
Bought an 08 cts with direct injection with 96k miles on it. It idled rough so I brought it in for a service thinking it might need a tune up while they did the inspection. Dealer says it's an internal problem, but hasn't gotten it torn down yet and it's almost been a week. I can deal with holiday schedules, but first the tech took intake off before realizing he had to bleed fuel system. Had to reinstall intake. Then he calls in sick, sorry, we haven't gotten your Problem even diagnosed yet, much less fixed....not a very happy GM owner at the moment!

Has anybody else had issues with their 3.6 DI so I know what to expect I might hear when they get around to working on my car again?

Thanks-

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-28-11, 12:24 PM
If you would like to send me your contact information (name, phone number, email address, address) along with your VIN number, mileage and the name of the dealership that you are working with, I would like to look into this for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

djl08cts
01-07-12, 06:18 PM
Breanne, turned out to be a fuel injector issue. Dealer took care of it under warranty. Is there a company that you can recommend for an extended warranty on this car? Thanks for the reply.

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-09-12, 02:10 PM
djl08cts,
I am glad that they were able to diagnose the issue for you and it was taken care of under warranty. We do not have extended warranties but I would recommend talking to your dealer about the different GMPP's that GM has to offer. The dealer will have the most details for your specific vehicle. I hope this helps.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

Csmiles3345
02-09-12, 02:27 PM
This is not the correct place to post your question. I moved it here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/251755-spark-plug-misfire-problem.html