: 2008 Stereo System diagrams available?

05Gride
12-27-11, 03:11 PM
I've been searching and can't find. Are there any resources on the forums which outline / diagram the Bose stereo systems in our Escalades? Specifically I'm looking for wiring diagrams, as well as any information around what size speakers are in our vehicles (including the center speaker in the dash) and where the amplifier is located.

I've also seen some mention of a subwoofer that's hidden in the center console. Is that true?

I haven't seen many posts of folks who did a custom stereo install on an Escalade. One of my rear door speakers is blown and I seem to like to have projects to work on, so I'm thinking of putting in all new speakers and trying to "stealth" a sub in along the sides in the trunk area.

Tips / tricks / or resources would be extremely helpful!

prosseda
12-27-11, 10:56 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/219552-2007-escalade-wiring-audio-info.html

05Gride
12-28-11, 01:43 AM
Awesome thank you, that should be helpful.

What about some info as to where the subwoofer and Bose amp are located? Are they both under the center console like other GM vehicles?

the cadillac man
12-28-11, 03:03 AM
yes they have both been under the center console since 03 i know i have a 03 and the stock sub sucks big time i have already replace my door speakers with infinity speakers and they work great with the stock amp i wish gm didn't tie the radio in with the chimes it is so much easier that way.

05Gride
12-29-11, 12:23 AM
yes they have both been under the center console since 03 i know i have a 03 and the stock sub sucks big time i have already replace my door speakers with infinity speakers and they work great with the stock amp i wish gm didn't tie the radio in with the chimes it is so much easier that way.

Ahhh that's actually something I didn't think about. So you're saying that if you "bypass" or take out the stock amplifier and run your own amps to the door speakers, you'll effectively remove the chime functions? Anyway to NOT get rid of this and still put new door speakers in with their own aftermarket amps and still keep that feature?