: New Era & Brake Duct Removal

jnjj
12-27-11, 04:11 PM
After reading numerous threads, it's still not clear to me about whether the brake duct needs to be removed when you install the New Era CAI. :confused:

M5eater
12-27-11, 04:18 PM
I beleive the posistion of the CAI aludes to it's removal. You're removing it so the air filter is getting the coldest air possible. leaving it in allows it to simply route to the brake rotor on that side as intended.

If you're asking whether you can leave it in, My guess would be no. There's not a lot of room in that part of the bay to begin with .

jnjj
12-27-11, 04:46 PM
Yeh, after I took out the airbox, I saw the limited amount of room that you mentioned.

But what has me concerned/confused is if dirt/rain will in any way enter into the equation. Has New Era ever chimed in on whether the duct needs to be removed? They're not telling you to do it in the instructions.

SPEED74V
12-27-11, 05:10 PM
I left the brake duct intact where it is and had no problem with the install. Maybe it would be better if it was removed - I'm not sure. I like the brake duct intact for road racing.

jnjj
12-27-11, 06:42 PM
Thought I'd ask New Era about removing the brake duct. Below is the reply:

It is not necessary, but we do have customers that do it, and it should be retuned after you do it because of the additional turbulence.

Mike Frumusa
Sales & Tech Manager
www.neweraperformanceparts.com
sales@neweraperformanceparts.com
(585) 865-1832[/I]