: SE V's - Standing 1/2 Mile Florida Panhandle (March 24th)

12race
12-27-11, 01:15 PM
I have been trying to find a standing mile a little closer to GA, best I came up with is a standing 1/2 mile in Florida panhandle (south of Tallahassee). The organizers had an event this past October, there was one V that showed up. I am planning to attend, hopefully some other V's from the region can make it.

Details of event:

Carrabelle Speed Festival

This event will be held at the Carrabelle-Thompson airport in Carrabelle, FL on March 24th, 2012. It will take place on an open runway giving competitors a full half mile of open throttle acceleration! What makes this event truly special is that participants will be allowed to compete against each other head to head in a safe environment, without being limited to the standard 1/8 or 1/4 mile distance.. Not only will this event provide a surreal experience of driving down an active runway at adrenaline pumping speeds. There will also be a live DJ spinning tracks all day long as well as food vendors to feed you when you’re ready for a break or a quick snack.

http://wannagofast.com/

The event address is:
296 AIRPORT ROAD
CARRABELLE, FL 32322

Event Date: March 24th, 2012

Pricing:

Drivers:

$85/ea in advance

Passengers:

$25/ea

Spectators:

$10/ea

•All driver’s and passengers will be required to wear helmets for this event.
•For this event it will be limited to street legal cars only. (Driver's must present valid proof of insurance for their vehicle.)
•We take cash only at the gate for spectators and passengers

M5eater
12-27-11, 01:33 PM
FL? not for me.. I could live with up to 6-7hours of driving, but 14? four days of driving for a one day event is a deal breaker.

mberisha
12-27-11, 02:03 PM
I checked out the vid.....it looks like a fun event......

Have a blast....be safe...and "GO FAST"!

12race
12-27-11, 02:10 PM
Always a challenge finding events in a reasonable distance. Wish I coulod find a standing mile closer than Miami FL or TX. The Lindsey Vday is always a challenge for me, driving and pulling trailer is probably 9 - 10 hours form GA.