: LED tag lights burning??

Trapspeed
12-26-11, 09:53 AM
Was wondering if anyone has installed LED plate lights and then noticed that the harnesses appear to be browned a bit after awhile. I installed a couple some months back and noticed one was starting to flicker. When I looked at it to change it out it looked like the harness was browned a bit. I looked at the other side (where there was no flicker issue) and it looks the same way. Any thoughts on this? Thanks everyone. :confused:

LitiGATOR
12-26-11, 06:29 PM
Mine is the same way

Trapspeed
12-26-11, 09:17 PM
Interesting. Did you notice if by chance they browned after the LED bulbs went in?

LitiGATOR
12-27-11, 01:09 AM
Yea, I'm pretty sure they did.

Dr.Buzz
12-27-11, 07:33 AM
To do this did you just take out the two screws on the bottom of the chrome colored "plastic piece" on top of the plate? THanks

Trapspeed
12-27-11, 10:14 AM
No. I was actually able to manipulate the plastic tabs that hold the light housings into that piece and pop them out like that. Be careful though because they snap easy.

LitiGATOR
12-27-11, 10:05 PM
No. I was actually able to manipulate the plastic tabs that hold the light housings into that piece and pop them out like that. Be careful though because they snap easy.

Yes, they do. I broke one and had to get it replaced.

Rock1
12-31-11, 09:04 AM
I went to look at mine and found ZERO browning though they have only been in since July.