: Let's talk Key Fobs

07BlkOnBlkEXT
12-23-11, 06:53 PM
So I've got an '07 EXT and it comes with the old style really boring key fob. I want to know if it is possible to upgrade to the '08 style fob (kind of rectangle shaped). I've heard different answers, answers like "I think you can", "I'm pretty sure you can't", but does anyone know for sure. Also does anyone have thoughts or experience with the "upgraded" key fob with the LCD display on it. I think it is $150 but I've heard it pretty much gives you the same functionality but is much bigger. I would be more interested in it if it allowed me to roll down the windows, fold the mirrors in and turn the heated seats on, things like that instead of telling me my tire pressure and odometer. Discuss.:cool:

bstiffmanofsteel
12-23-11, 09:11 PM
You can use the rectangular key fobs. They are is a thread on how to program them, I have used them! They do tend to poke you when in your pocket tho!

luxurylife33
12-23-11, 10:22 PM
I got my 08 key fob for my 07 for $45 on ebay (used) ... came with programming instructions. Very easy.

superchargedss
12-23-11, 10:26 PM
Your vehicle has to have the AP8 Code in the glovebox. If it does, you can do the 2-way Advanced remote. If you send me your VIN, I can find which 2-way will work for your vehicle. There are quite a few different part numbers and they are VIN Specific.

Your dealer does have to reprogram your BCM to make it work. Most dealers charge an hour labor for install and program. If I can help any way, holler! :D

JV403
12-24-11, 11:27 AM
I bought 2 of the new style on ebay for my 07 for 119.00 brand new with instructions, took about 5 minutes to program and works great.

cadikidd21
12-24-11, 05:51 PM
The 08 Fobs do work with the 07 models. I use the 08s for my 07 and they work flawlessly.

2007caddy
12-25-11, 05:25 AM
They will work as noted, the programming is the exact same as your original fobs...I believe the programming instructions are in the manual....make sure you buy a few from eBay because as soon as they drop they break/crack...You can program upto 8 remotes to your vehicle

07BlkOnBlkEXT
12-26-11, 03:30 AM
Your vehicle has to have the AP8 Code in the glovebox. If it does, you can do the 2-way Advanced remote. If you send me your VIN, I can find which 2-way will work for your vehicle. There are quite a few different part numbers and they are VIN Specific.

Your dealer does have to reprogram your BCM to make it work. Most dealers charge an hour labor for install and program. If I can help any way, holler! :D

Hey, thank you for the help, my VIN is 3GYFK62847G298059. Please keep in mind it is an EXT so I need a remote without the tailgate button. If you could list the part numbers that will work for me I would really appreciate it, thanks again.