: Satin Graphite Wheel Paint???

srt10viper
12-21-11, 10:30 PM
Who has gotten the touch up paint #784U for the Satin Graphite wheels? I have tried Cadillac and also several body shops, but no one has it or can make it. Has anyone had any luck getting this code made into a touch up paint? If so where?????

THANKS!!!

Fireverm
12-21-11, 11:39 PM
I have had the same problem for months now where nobody seems to be able to make it.

sapugh
12-22-11, 01:40 PM
I had a rub on my wheel that went to bare metal. Local Detail shop did a GREAT job on it. $125 and I could not even tell there was ever any damage. Course they are also part of an Aston Martin dealership, If you need a reference in the Northwest I highly recommend www.parkplaceautosalon.com

grasshopper
12-23-11, 12:45 AM
Anybody try this HWP104 Satin Black from Dupli-color?

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheelCoating/

baabootoo
12-23-11, 12:59 AM
I went with the Duplicolor Black Chrome, and it was a snap.

dhpro
12-23-11, 07:53 AM
Who has gotten the touch up paint #784U for the Satin Graphite wheels? I have tried Cadillac and also several body shops, but no one has it or can make it. Has anyone had any luck getting this code made into a touch up paint? If so where?????

THANKS!!!

Just find ur local auto repair/paint shop and they shud be able to mix up customs. They also have a little hand held device that takes a hi res pic and can match any color .... The wheels are tough for that as it needs a 3x3 square I think.

grasshopper
12-23-11, 10:40 AM
baabootoo...Black Chrome...really? It wasn't too shiny? Can you post some pics of the repair? Thanks.

SoCalCTSV
01-31-12, 12:54 AM
baabootoo...Black Chrome...really? It wasn't too shiny? Can you post some pics of the repair? Thanks.

Bumping this for a response.

DrVolkl
01-31-12, 08:03 PM
I had a rub on my wheel that went to bare metal. Local Detail shop did a GREAT job on it. $125 and I could not even tell there was ever any damage. Course they are also part of an Aston Martin dealership, If you need a reference in the Northwest I highly recommend www.parkplaceautosalon.com

I bought a dupicolor paint pen at the hardware store and took care of it. I think it was $5. You really can't tell the difference.

I just don't want to spend the big bucks until I really trash a rim or all 4 need it. I usually curb a rim about once a year... and it drives me nuts. Doing a lot more city driving now so it's probably only a matter of time before I do it again.

LFTW8S
02-01-12, 10:47 AM

THANKS!!!

I had the same problem so I had my local caddy dealer mix a custom paint. They were slow that day and spent 3 hours doing the match Perfect match for me. Has the metallic and all. I can send the code if interested.

gevvvvv
02-01-12, 08:55 PM
Can you please share the code? I need to get my wheels re-done.

Fireverm
02-01-12, 10:02 PM
Shouldn't the color code of the paint they mixed be 784U?

LFTW8S
02-02-12, 12:51 PM
Shouldn't the color code of the paint they mixed be 784U?

Well...I thought at first it would have been that easy with the 784U code. It wasn't as they could not find that code. Anyhow, this is what I have.

Cadillac, WA9428
Spectra Grey, Matt Metalic
CAD9428M

I have the base and toners if you need more detail. I could snap a pic and send to your email. This matched my wheels perfect and they mixed it for me for free.

Good luck!

Fireverm
02-02-12, 02:06 PM
Hopefully this will be enough for them to do it for me too once I get back. Thanks for the info.

grasshopper
02-08-12, 07:32 PM
LFTW8S,

WA9428 seem like a wheel color for the SRX wheels, but I could not find anything in regard to CAD9428M. Were you not able to buy it in a ready made bottle as a touch up paint?

Would you mind sharing your pictures? Any advice in touching up process?

gevvvvv
02-14-12, 05:10 AM
Well...I thought at first it would have been that easy with the 784U code. It wasn't as they could not find that code. Anyhow, this is what I have.

Cadillac, WA9428
Spectra Grey, Matt Metalic
CAD9428M

I have the base and toners if you need more detail. I could snap a pic and send to your email. This matched my wheels perfect and they mixed it for me for free.

Good luck!

I don't have enough posts yet to PM you, but could you please post more details on the base and toners and how you went about painting them if you did them yourself? Any details you can provide would be extremely helpful.

EX-amg
03-05-12, 08:39 PM
Hi LFTW8S,
could you post more details on the codes for the wheels?? my bro works at a body shop and im sure he can mix some up but i would like to give him the right codes. i would greatly appreciate it, i have a small nick on mine and it drives me nuts EVERY DAY.
thanks, any info would help.

baabootoo
03-06-12, 02:18 AM

Oh, sorry, I didn't repair mine with it, I used the paint on my polished wheels to make them black chrome.

LFTW8S
03-06-12, 02:49 AM
Not a problem. I will chase them down tomorrow.

LFTW8S
03-07-12, 12:54 PM
See attached pics of the paint codes. let me know how it turns out.

EX-amg
03-07-12, 05:15 PM
THX!! I will let everyone know how it goes im sure alot of members on this forum are in need of this info!! i will post some before and after pics when i get my bro to mix some up