: GPS Hospital Option=POOR

Greg00coupe
12-21-11, 08:40 PM
Long story short getting ready for a holiday trip I was interested in using the "find hospital" function on my STS navigation system. Very disappointing. When I hit it I got every stinking "health care" facility in the area. I got, urgent care, a weight loss facility and childcare facility and was not limited to a real hospital. In our town we have 3 hospitals. I must of gotten 20+ "hospital" indicators. If you have an emergency and hit the find hospital function in a strange area you will be SOL. This is very disappointing.

ddalder
12-21-11, 08:50 PM
So did you search for a POI, or did you use the emergency function built in?

I tried the emergency function, just out of curiosity, using a 2011 version of the nav discs. I live in a city of >1,000,000 people yet it routed me to a hospital across the US/Canada border that was just over 300km (>187 miles) away. When I searched POI's, I too came up with dozens of facilities, including the hospitals the other function couldn't find. The previous year discs (2010) worked find.

Greg00coupe
12-22-11, 06:29 PM
Mines an 09 version. I used the hospital option the one that is accessible while in motion. It takes maybe 3 or 4 taps to get there and sb isolated to emergency rooms only IMHO. I am going on this trip this weekend and will take my 8 yo never updated Garmin which I suspect will do a better job.

YEP my suspicions where correct....Garmin picked up ONLY hospitals.

ddalder
12-22-11, 09:31 PM
I definitely agree, this should be limited to any facility capable of providing emergency treatment whether it be a hosiptal or urgent care centre (we have many of these here, especially in smaller communities).

On the positive side, it doesn't sound like you got routed to a hospital nearly 200 miles away and in a different country :confused:

dkozloski
12-24-11, 05:58 PM
When I hit the hospital option it tells me to go 600 miles to Whitehorse, YT. Canada. For police it shows the Canadian Mounties about 400 miles away in Beaver Creek, YT.