: Hid headlights

torr714
12-21-11, 08:13 PM
On my way home from work, one of my headlights went from white to pink. Does anyone know if it's the bulb going bad or the ballast box. I called the dealer and they said the bulb is $300. Auto Zone only wants $99. I only like to use OEM parts but that is a big difference in price. Are the bulbs different? If I replace one, will one be brighter then the other?

MrHolland
12-21-11, 09:22 PM
I think that means the bulb is dying. I would replace both at the same time or you will see a difference in the color. I too prefer OEM but you might check some place like vLeds. Id definitely stay away from autozone type stores. Good luck.

StevieT
12-21-11, 09:45 PM
The one at Autozone is OEM from my research and replacement last year. Same PN that came off the bulb I took out, same manufacture. Passenger one is easy, have fun with drivers side....

My ballast went out about a year ago, just completely went dead never got a color change. Ballasts IME will just die, never give you much of a sign of failure.

murphy
12-21-11, 11:03 PM
Yup bulb is done. Had the same thing happen. I purchased my first bulb from dealer at a huge cost then noticed the one I didn't replace was much bluer (after research found they gradually turn with age) so I changed that one too but searched and bought off ebay for $69 or something. Search for D1s oem and you'll find.

hcvone
12-22-11, 07:55 AM
It's probably the bulb, you will want to replace both or there maybe a big color difference, HID bulbs get pinker thru the years

torr714
12-22-11, 09:12 AM
Thanks for all the info . This forum has been very helpful

torr714
12-23-11, 09:55 AM
On my way in to work bulb went totally out now. Thanks for all your help last night bought two bulbs will replace today thank you again for all you help the forum helps me with a lot of question

hannity
12-23-11, 11:36 PM
I have seen quite a few escalades with a xenon light out, I googled and could find nothing but maybe there is a bulletin about it?

murphy
12-23-11, 11:42 PM
I think the 2007 MY lamps are likely nearing their end and more will be checking out soon. I would not call it failing but simply reaching the end of service. When mine went there was no real indication but died shortly after turning pink.