: DTC C0561 - 71 and P0300 - 00 plus MIL and Service StabilyTrac on DIC

Jochen
12-21-11, 11:03 AM
Need some help on the following issues:

Last night i got the following symptoms while driving for about 45 minutes:
- 4-5 times a rough running engine with the MIL turning on. After a few seconds, MIL turned off again
- Traction Control Lamp turned on for a few seconds, then off again. Followed by messages like "Service Stabilytrac" or "Stabilytrac off" in DIC.

Today i checked DTC´s and Missfire information with a Tech2 while testdriving. Results:
ECM: P0446 and P0300-00 (thats the Missfire DTC)
EBCM: C0561H-71 and U0101C-00 (i guess those are the DTC´s for the Stabilytrac thing)

While testdriving for 1.5 hrs everything was fine, beside one short "Service Stabilytrac" Message for 2 Seconds. Thats it.

I looked up the missfire history Data in the Tech2:
Cylinder1: 0
Cylinder2: 318
Cylinder3: 35
Cylinder4: 0
Cylinder5: 2144
Cylinder6: 20
Cylinder7: 941
Cylinder8: 0

The counter was icrementing, however, no accutal missfires were detected while driving, the history numbers stayed all the time like that.

Does anyone has an idea how to approach the problem?

Any help is appreciated! Many thanks in advance!

Jochen

Jochen
12-24-11, 08:11 AM
Good morning... and merry christmass... :-)

I was driving around for two days now and the symptoms did not come back.

Anybody has an idea what could have caused the problem? Maby water somewhere in the engine compartment that messes up the electronics?

Jochen

acreech1
12-27-11, 03:27 AM
Theres a number of 2007-08 escalades with faulty battery cables that are causing the same issues. Check with your dealer to see if you're covered. Im not sure if it was a recall or not.

Big Windy Ext
12-27-11, 07:42 AM
I don't remember the codes, but they differed from the actual problem, an evaporative purge solenoid,but my show started with traction control service. It was really heartning to hear the displayed codes are irrelevant to the actual code.A whole bunch of nothing for a simple problem.

Jochen
02-15-12, 07:21 AM
Thanks very much for responding!

The problem disappeared for almost two months. I already thought i am over with it... Well, not really.
Yesterday the same symptoms came back. And it did start like Big Windy EXT said with the traction control service info. Then the rough running engine, MIL turned on. Then off again, then on again...

Did you fix the problem by yourself or in a garage? What did you replace/repair?

Many thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Jochen

Jochen
02-17-12, 03:39 PM
ttt

Anybody experienced the same problem and found a way to fix ist?

Jochen
02-26-12, 09:17 AM
Hi,

trying a different approach.... Yesterday i checked all related parts and found two cracked spark plug wires.
Hope that caused the missfire/problems... See pics!

I will let you guys know if the problem came back after repacing the wires!

Jochen