: Well, it's official...

hulksdaddy
12-21-11, 01:32 AM
I ain't right in the head.:bonkers:

I started a thread stating I was thinking about selling my car. Well, I've changed my mind. Now I think I want to get into a Black Diamond coupe, satin wheels, yellow calipers. Don't drive this one enough, SURE I'll drive that one more. :banghead:

Got a price from my local dealer, wasn't thrilled with price or trade-in. Any dealers on here? I know there must be, just don't see a lot of posts. See if I can do a deal.

On a related subject, anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer? :histeric:

khoeysr
12-21-11, 09:32 AM
Haha. Glad you came to your senses.

I think this is a terrific move. You will iss your wife, but only for a while :duck:

Maxniman
12-21-11, 09:38 AM
Do you still have your vette or was that a trade in for the CTS?

hulksdaddy
12-21-11, 09:58 AM
Do you still have your vette or was that a trade in for the CTS?

Traded it for the V.

smackdownCTSV
12-21-11, 10:09 AM
Shop around. I know of at least 2 dealers in CT that do invoice pricing.

hulksdaddy
12-21-11, 10:14 AM
Shop around. I know of at least 2 dealers in CT that do invoice pricing.

Dealer names?

smackdownCTSV
12-21-11, 01:35 PM
I don't endorse them, but Valenti and Blasius.

warpark
12-22-11, 07:53 AM

prc has a warping effect-

Caddyscat
12-22-11, 02:19 PM
You're like a sine wave, Up, then DOWN!

buddyg
12-23-11, 11:29 AM
Well my wife said "It's the V or me" Gosh I am going to miss her!

jk

M5eater
12-23-11, 11:54 AM

I started a thread stating I was thinking about selling my car. Well, I've changed my mind. Now I think I want to get into a Black Diamond coupe, satin wheels, yellow calipers. Don't drive this one enough, SURE I'll drive that one more. :banghead:

Got a price from my local dealer, wasn't thrilled with price or trade-in. Any dealers on here? I know there must be, just don't see a lot of posts. See if I can do a deal.

On a related subject, anyone recommend a good divorce lawyer? :histeric:
The most asked questions I get in my Black Diamond;
1) Is that paint stock?
2) are those ceramic brakes?
3) Did you already put performance rims and brakes on the car?

I'm not sure what it is, but the wheel and caliper combinations with the Black Tri-coat takes the 'look at me' qualities of an already show-off ish car to a whole different level.

smackdownCTSV
12-23-11, 12:35 PM
I'm not sure what it is, but the wheel and caliper combinations with the Black Tri-coat takes the 'look at me' qualities of an already show-off ish car to a whole different level.

More so than Red?

M5eater
12-23-11, 12:48 PM
More so than Red?
The black rims and yellow calipers look good on almost any color with this car. My favorites though would have to be the silver and the new blue. That said, cars in this class suffer from overall boring color pallets. The red is very nice, very deep and sophisticated, but it's not exactly an attention grabber, it's a standard color option on most of Chevrolet's offerings infact, so that tells you a little about what I mean. Mocha steel is the absolute embodiment of the problem infact. What I would enjoy, is a nice yellow, or even a REAL white, or a torch red or infero orange from the vette's color options. Or better yet, the holy grail imo; Supersonic blue. BDT touched the 'crazy' nerve for me. It's the only color that can't be confused for looking like something on a Cruze.

thebigjimsho
12-23-11, 11:47 PM
Congrats?

smackdownCTSV
12-24-11, 09:23 AM
The black rims and yellow calipers look good on almost any color with this car. My favorites though would have to be the silver and the new blue. That said, cars in this class suffer from overall boring color pallets. The red is very nice, very deep and sophisticated, but it's not exactly an attention grabber, it's a standard color option on most of Chevrolet's offerings infact, so that tells you a little about what I mean. Mocha steel is the absolute embodiment of the problem infact. What I would enjoy, is a nice yellow, or even a REAL white, or a torch red or infero orange from the vette's color options. Or better yet, the holy grail imo; Supersonic blue. BDT touched the 'crazy' nerve for me. It's the only color that can't be confused for looking like something on a Cruze.

I thought a red sports car screams pull me over or look at me or I have insecurities. I guess that's only with the Black Diamond.

jkviper
12-24-11, 10:05 AM

Agreed, Supersonic blue would be a great color on the CTS-V, with yellow calipers would be a great combo.

M5eater
12-24-11, 10:47 AM
I thought a red sports car screams pull me over or look at me or I have insecurities. I guess that's only with the Black Diamond.
I wouldn't say that, I just wish we had some more crazy colors. I understand it's a luxury car and everything, but Dodge and Audi I'm sorry to say, understand this a little better.

buddyg
12-24-11, 11:45 AM
You do have to give them kudos for the black satin wheels and the yellow calipers. Everyone that sees my car thinks they are aftermarket items.

Who would have thought Cadillac would build a 556 hp, 6speed manual sedan and wagon with these kind of options.

This is definitely not your fathers Cadillac!

hulksdaddy
12-24-11, 12:49 PM
Going to see a BD Coupe on Tuesday. Will keep ya'll informed. :thumbsup:

Emax
12-24-11, 02:22 PM
I have a 2011 bd coupe and love it looks awesome. Good luck hope you get it.

concorso
12-24-11, 04:29 PM
The black rims and yellow calipers look good on almost any color with this car. My favorites though would have to be the silver and the new blue. That said, cars in this class suffer from overall boring color pallets. The red is very nice, very deep and sophisticated, but it's not exactly an attention grabber, it's a standard color option on most of Chevrolet's offerings infact, so that tells you a little about what I mean. Mocha steel is the absolute embodiment of the problem infact. What I would enjoy, is a nice yellow, or even a REAL white, or a torch red or infero orange from the vette's color options. Or better yet, the holy grail imo; Supersonic blue. BDT touched the 'crazy' nerve for me. It's the only color that can't be confused for looking like something on a Cruze.I agree that Cadillac could use slightly bolder or at least more unique colors to Cadillac... REAL white tho? I love Cadillacs white...I much prefer Cadillac pearl White over a solid white from BMW.

hifiaudio2
12-25-11, 07:33 PM
Man you are the EXACT same level of crazy that I am! One day, (and currently I guess) I want to sell the V since I RARELY drive anywhere, and the next I want to trade in for the same BDT/satin/yellow combo coupe that you do. That think looks 10x better than any other V color combo IMO....let us know!

hulksdaddy
12-27-11, 10:45 AM
On my way to check it out!