: 2 Weeks Downtime...

King335i
12-20-11, 10:20 PM
Hello,

Many of you may remember me, I haven't been posting much lately as I've been too busy driving my V! I've had the car for about a year now and it only has around 3,600 miles on it. For the past few months I've been hearing a weird whining/droning noise in the car when applying the throttle at 1-2K RPMS that immediately goes away when the throttle is lifted off. I had asked about it before on here, but the noise was hard to describe and I don't think many people knew what I was talking about. I finally got the chance to bring my car in to my local Cadillac dealership yesterday to have them address my extremely squeaky Recaro driver's seat and this weird droning noise.

Well, they had the car overnight and I got a call today at around 5 from my SA. My rear-differential has gone and the ETA for another one to arrive from Cadillac is 2 weeks time. So here I am on vacation without my car, good times. First the clicking wheels, now my rear-differential just goes and I haven't been driving the car hard at all. Very disappointing, and as much as I'd hate to say it, the C63 coupe is starting to look more and more appealing. But whatever, I love my V and it is very worth waiting for.

Just wanted to vent and ask if anyone else has had their rear-diff go like mine?

Ste_V_e
12-20-11, 11:30 PM
Trust me I've owned a 2010 c63, 2012 GT500, and now the CTS-V coupe and it's the best outta all of them. It's not worth trading over in my opinion. I loved the c63 also, but wanted something new and different and as far as handling this coupe beats it hands down. I saw your post on mbworld and feel like you're letting all the haters get to you about the v coupe. Anyways good luck with everything and let me know if you have any questions.

King335i
12-21-11, 12:42 AM
Yeah lol I just hate it when the MB/BMW guys start acting arrogant about their cars, which performance-wise are inferior to the V. I just think the C63 won't have as many problems as I have had with the V, but who knows I could very well have more problems with the C.

So nobody else has had their differential just straight up fail on them?

GM-4-LIFE
12-21-11, 01:04 AM
Don't worry so much. You couldn't pay me to go back to Mercedes. My rear diff also went and it took 2 weeks to get. I am supposed to get it installed Thursday or Friday. I have almost 10K on my V Coupe and wouldn't trade it for any other car.

King335i
12-21-11, 01:19 AM
Yeah I really want to get those paddle shifters that were recently advertised in a post around here, as well as the CF center console trim. The ironic part is that those two things are what the C63 comes with stock lol. I'm not truly worried about it, I just wanted to shut that guy over on MBWorld up. But I guess the whole internet bickering thing is pretty futile :)

GM-4-LIFE
12-21-11, 01:24 AM
The V kicks the C63's ass everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Mercedes wishes they built an amazing car like the V Coupe inside and out. No other car comes close in driving dynamics and styling.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-21-11, 09:55 AM
Welcome back! I am glad that you got a chance to take it to the dealer and they were able to diagnose this issue and are going to repair it for you. I have heard of a couple people that have had this issue with their V and 2 weeks is about the normal time. If it is any longer please let me know. Also keep us updated when you get you car back after the repair.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

smackdownCTSV
12-21-11, 10:05 AM
Have the dealer do a search, another one might have it in stock.

thebigjimsho
12-23-11, 05:45 PM
Yeah lol I just hate it when the MB/BMW guys start acting arrogant about their cars, which performance-wise are inferior to the V. I just think the C63 won't have as many problems as I have had with the V, but who knows I could very well have more problems with the C.

So nobody else has had their differential just straight up fail on them?You know the deal. Every car has its foibles and the chance of a lemon exists with every maker. I feel badly and wish you had a trouble-free experience as you were excited when you got it.

Hopefully, the V is done right and will be that flawless car when you get it back.

----------

Have the dealer do a search, another one might have it in stock.I'd also check with Luke at Lindsay or Rippy and see if they can get one to you through the dealer...

M5eater
12-23-11, 06:49 PM
address my extremely squeaky Recaro driver's seat and this weird droning noise.

where was your's specificly squeaking from? I took mine in last week and we've ordered the rear back frame internals for the seat because I swear I heard my left bolster make a pop noise and instantly go more 'flat'. When driving along it'll make a clicking noise everyonce in a while.

Mystical_Ice
12-26-11, 05:19 AM
These recaros make so much noise it's ridiculous. I've had my car in three (3) times in 6 months for the driver's recaro making noise. You barely shift your weight at all, or turn the wheel slightly, and the whole seat creaks.

The third time they had the car for almost 2 weeks, and apparently took the recaro apart completely and put it back together.

It's a lot better, probably 90% fixed, but i can still hear some noise, which, even over the sound of the exhaust, i can still hear clearly.

i don't plan to take it back, i'm just living with it.

mberisha
12-26-11, 11:13 AM
^^^get a subwoofer and punch the fast pedal....all concerns should be gone.....

ruby 1
12-26-11, 04:39 PM
Take it back until it is fixed right. That would drive me crazy!

Mystical_Ice
12-26-11, 04:46 PM
^^^get a subwoofer and punch the fast pedal....all concerns should be gone.....
I am probably in the top 10% of loudest Vs out there, and believe it or not, i can STILL hear it.

King335i
12-28-11, 10:36 PM
Welcome back! I am glad that you got a chance to take it to the dealer and they were able to diagnose this issue and are going to repair it for you. I have heard of a couple people that have had this issue with their V and 2 weeks is about the normal time. If it is any longer please let me know. Also keep us updated when you get you car back after the repair.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

Wow, thanks! I'm glad to see that Cadillac is on here and watching these forums! I have not heard back from my dealer as of yet, I am planning on calling around tomorrow to try and find a unit elsewhere. And thanks for the feedback everyone else, much appreciated!

King335i
01-14-12, 02:15 AM
Just wanted to provide an update, my car spent 2 weeks at Cadillac (excruciating by the way, a Malibu rental car just doesn't cut it after the V) and it came back with a new rear differential because the one the car came with was emitting a whining/droning noise at only 4,000 miles and according to my SA it could've "grenaded" any time. As well, my driver's side Recaro was taken out and disassembled, inspected and fixed, then reinstalled in the car and they made sure it was snugly installed this time. As of now I have absolutely zero noise from neither the Recaro nor the diff, hooray!

Dear Cadillac,

Please don't ever take my baby away from me for two weeks again.

Regards,

Joe

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-14-12, 09:34 AM
These recaros make so much noise it's ridiculous. I've had my car in three (3) times in 6 months for the driver's recaro making noise. You barely shift your weight at all, or turn the wheel slightly, and the whole seat creaks.

The third time they had the car for almost 2 weeks, and apparently took the recaro apart completely and put it back together.

It's a lot better, probably 90% fixed, but i can still hear some noise, which, even over the sound of the exhaust, i can still hear clearly.

i don't plan to take it back, i'm just living with it.

For the sake of hijacking this ..... Don't just 'live with it', you're letting GM off too easy. I had the entire lumbar replaced in this one - it's a new seat, no creaks, squeaks or clacks any more so they CAN fix these seats! Go to another dealer or get hold of customer service!

----------

Just wanted to provide an update, my car spent 2 weeks at Cadillac (excruciating by the way, a Malibu rental car just doesn't cut it after the V) and it came back with a new rear differential because the one the car came with was emitting a whining/droning noise at only 4,000 miles and according to my SA it could've "grenaded" any time. As well, my driver's side Recaro was taken out and disassembled, inspected and fixed, then reinstalled in the car and they made sure it was snugly installed this time. As of now I have absolutely zero noise from neither the Recaro nor the diff, hooray!

Dear Cadillac,

Please don't ever take my baby away from me for two weeks again.

Regards,

Joe

When I had this V worked on recently I was stuck in a Malibu too - it was a downer and also smelled like a freshly cleaned restroom. That shouldn't happen - get a car of equal make at least! I damn sure will next time as well!