: Tranny and Motor Mount

ryannel2003
12-20-11, 07:58 PM
Chris,

I took the STS to Trent Cadillac about a month ago and they told me my transmission mount was shot. They didn't give me a part number, but they did put the list price on it and it was $134.08. I need to see how much that part is and also how much a center motor mount will cost. Mine isn't broken yet, but with the subframe already being dropped I figure I'll go ahead and kill two birds with one stone. Curious to also know how much labor would be getting these two parts installed, along with two front control arms and an alignment? Here's the VIN. Will be calling you up tomorrow most likely. Thanks!

1G6KY5498YU246048

RippyPartsDept
12-21-11, 08:51 AM
I'm not sure if you were asking for just the labor on the control arms or labor and parts prices so I just did both. Well I'm actually waiting on the service manager to get back to me about the labor. I'll post that up as soon as he gets back to me

Also, I'll have to order the trans mount (and the control arms if you do want to order them). There's two mounts showing right now in the Charlotte warehouse so if we can order one of those before 4pm then we'll get it tomorrow - same with the control arms but there's plenty of stock available on those.

Trans Mount (LH/Driver's Side)
$134.08 - list price
$95.53 - your price

Motor Mount (Front/Center)
$150.67 - list price
$107.34 - your price

RH Control Arm
$270.95 - list price
$193.05 - your price

LH Control Arm
$270.44 - list price
$192.69 - your price

Nut (required w/ new control arms)
$5.00 - list price each
$3.13 - your price each

And another thing - I'm sure we already talked about this - but why (again) are you changing out the control arms? They don't usually wear out their bushings.

Cheers,
Chris

ryannel2003
12-21-11, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Chris!

My control arm bushings are shot. They've been making creaking noises for about 3 years now, so I figure it's time to have them replaced. I actually went aftermarket with those and got them off Rockauto for $50 a piece and they included the ball joint. I'll give you a call this afternoon about the mounts though. I appreciate it.

Ryan

RippyPartsDept
12-21-11, 10:32 AM
ok cool
looks like about 5 hours of labor for all that work so about $450-$500

btw, when are you planning on coming in?

ryannel2003
12-21-11, 10:34 AM
Ordering the parts this afternoon... Gonna be coming in after the first of the year. Gotta wait for tax time to come before I jump in and get this work done. Appreciate it!

RippyPartsDept
12-21-11, 10:51 AM
cool ... just wondering

ryannel2003
12-22-11, 06:15 PM
Chris,

I called the dealership today to get the parts ordered and they said you were on vacation. I didn't want to mention anything to them about the parts because I wanted to use you. My mom wanted to go ahead and get them ordered (they're for Christmas) so I ordered them from GM Parts Direct instead. Prices were about the same, but damn I forgot how expensive their shipping was.

RippyPartsDept
12-22-11, 08:58 PM
That's ok but in the future you can order from us if I'm my there. Just mention that you're a forum member to get the discount.

Merry Christmas

ryannel2003
12-22-11, 09:23 PM
Yea I didn't know how that worked... Didn't want to get you in trouble. Next time I know though so I can get them from you. Appreciate your time as always.

Merry Christmas!

ryannel2003
01-19-12, 06:43 PM
That's ok but in the future you can order from us if I'm my there. Just mention that you're a forum member to get the discount.

Merry Christmas

Well my taxes came in today so I should be in business within the next few weeks about getting down there. Want to do the 2 control arms, tranny and motor mount, alignment, oil change and tire rotation and balance. I'm also curious to know what other bushings I would need to replace while it's apart? $600 is my budget for all this work so if I can't do anything other than what l have listed above that's ok. Probably going to schedule sometime near the middle of February. Thanks!

Ryan

RippyPartsDept
01-19-12, 09:11 PM
It's probably best if you start talking with one of the service guys even if you're not quite ready to set up an appointment yet. You can either just call in and ask for me and I'll set you up with one of them or I can have one of them call you.