: Removing tail lights - 2010 ESV

ELUSIVE
12-20-11, 06:54 PM
I bought replacement backup lights from VLEDS, but I can't figure out how to get the rear lights out.
I removed the two screws, but can't seem to get the light assembly loose. Any suggestions?

I tried searching and found numerous threads regarding backup lights but found nothing on how to remove the rear light assembly.

Thanks!

----------

Nevermind, I found it in the manual. Oops.
Here it is for anyone that ever searches for this:

1.Open the liftgate. See Power Liftgate on page 3‑14 for more information.
2. Remove the two screws from the taillamp assembly.
3. Pull the taillamp assembly rearward until you disengage the inner pins on the taillamp assembly from the vehicle.
4. Press the release tab, if the bulb socket has one, and turn the socket counterclockwise to remove it from the taillamp assembly.
5. Pull the old bulb straight out from the socket.
6. Press a new bulb into the socket, insert the socket into the taillamp assembly and turn the socket clockwise into the taillamp assembly until it clicks.

hcvone
12-20-11, 07:20 PM
The newer trucks seem to have an improved holding tab for the taillights making them a million times easier to change than the earlier years

ELUSIVE
12-20-11, 07:54 PM
Interesting.
I used a set of no scratch plastic tools to pry on them a little as I was pulling. They popped right out.
The 7440 platinum VLEDS bulbs are nice and bright. I like.
Got them on sale for a good deal too.

hcvone
12-20-11, 08:37 PM
Interesting.
I used a set of no scratch plastic tools to pry on them a little as I was pulling. They popped right out.
The 7440 platinum VLEDS bulbs are nice and bright. I like.
Got them on sale for a good deal too.

Got them in all my trucks, they are the best I have found so far. Yea the 2012 tallights almost fall out.

stater02
12-21-11, 10:49 AM
What temperature did you go with HCVONE? Do yours have any blue tinge or are they pure white? I just installed some cheapy China ones for my backups and they are too blue.

ELUSIVE
12-21-11, 11:34 AM
I'm not sure what hcvone did, but I used 5K for everything interior and exterior (except DRL...which are 6K). I found the 6K's that I originally ordered too blue and then switched to 5k which is more white.
It's all personal preference, but i found the 5K's better.

hcvone
12-21-11, 12:00 PM
I have 6k on the inside, a little more blue and less intense, and have 5k on the outside, backup, puddle, license plate and fog lights

a_dubb
12-31-11, 12:47 AM
What are you doing with the tail lights you're taking off? Are you planning to sell them? I have an '07 Escalade and I'm pretty sure they're still the same, let me know. Thanks!

ELUSIVE
12-31-11, 08:21 AM
What are you doing with the tail lights you're taking off? Are you planning to sell them? I have an '07 Escalade and I'm pretty sure they're still the same, let me know. Thanks!

Keeping them. All I did was replace the backup light bulbs. Still using the stock assembly.

mberisha
01-22-14, 01:19 AM
I'm trying to replace the reverse lamps....but I keep pulling "rearward" but it feels like it will break something?

Am I being too paranoid about snapping something? Or am I missing a step?

mberisha
01-22-14, 03:23 AM
I'm trying to replace the reverse lamps....but I keep pulling "rearward" but it feels like it will break something?

Am I being too paranoid about snapping something? Or am I missing a step?

Ok...figured it out....damn you have to pull "rearward" hard....geeeezzzzz