: Aluminum wheels - cant get them clean....

creeker
12-20-11, 06:11 PM
I recently bought back my 92 eldo. 8 years after I sold it, the new owner took good car of the car with exception of the american racing polished aluminum wheels, when I first had the car I always kept wheels nice and shiny, they now appear to have white water spots on them that I cant get out,
I have tried a number of products to remove the spots, I then took it to a car wash and washed them with the "wand", they looked worse than ever,
I have had the most sucess with a product called "never dull", are they in fact water marks?, any suggestions? Thanks

Dadillac
12-20-11, 08:25 PM
If they are uncoated polished aluminum the best product for them, hands down, is Mothers aluminum and mag polish. Put some one a rag and buff away.

Don

creeker
12-20-11, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=Dadillac;2805410]If they are uncoated polished aluminum the best product for them, hands down, is Mothers aluminum and mag polish. Put some one a rag and buff away.

Don[/QUOT Yes their uncoated, thanks for the tip.

creeker
12-23-11, 05:54 PM
If they are uncoated polished aluminum the best product for them, hands down, is Mothers aluminum and mag polish. Put some one a rag and buff away.

Don

I bought the product, it did a fantastic job of cleaning up my wheels, not even that hard to apply, thanks again.

KiDUNiVERSAL
05-21-12, 05:21 PM
I have the same problem with my cts, I've used the mother's product before with no result. Did you use a powerball or anything to that effect?