: Is Cadillac Building Any STS's With The 1SG Package

SD455TA
11-07-04, 12:39 PM
Hi, I am looking for a Redline/cashmere with 1SG option package, that's all.

Has anyone seen one for sale at any dealer, will travel to make the deal.

Thanks, Rich

ellives
11-07-04, 05:59 PM
Check http://www.gmbuypower.com/ for dealer inventory.

Ells

msheri01
11-08-04, 09:52 AM
Yes, they are, however, since the package has been constrained; many of these are either sold orders, or reserved ones.

DVos
11-08-04, 07:30 PM
Why not consider the 1SF? Here's why. It has EVERYTHING the 1SG does except:

1) ZF performance steering
2) Performance brake fan
3) 18" tires/rims

If you can live without the first two (no big deal in my opinion) you can tell your dealer to put the 18" on there for you. It's the same exact car! All the bells and whistles!!

eamc
11-08-04, 09:42 PM
1SG may have been built, but both AWD and K59 (adaptive cruise control) are still on hold. See Internet sites mentioned in this forum.

Edwin M.

SD455TA
11-09-04, 07:56 PM
Just found out from Cadillac, that the new STS is selling very well in the market place, & is on strick allocation to dealers.

Mine is scheduled to be made near Thanksgiving & delivered to the dealer the first week in Dec.

I really can not wait any longer for this fine American Sports Sedan.

Rich

jworkmans
11-10-04, 11:57 AM
Hey Gang!

I'm getting my new STS 1SG (ACC/HUD, Redline/Gray) delivered tomorrow. The dealership here in Dallas (Sewell Cadillac) has only ONE 1SG in the build queue and they're being told that Cadillac has several items on indefinate or long-term hold - ACC/HUD, Tuscany Leather & Moonroof.

The 1SG already in the queue can either be built by mid-Dec with none of the on-hold options, or will be stalled until late-Jan with a delivery date late-Feb or early-March.

I, too, was told that the 1SG is doing well and to keep the price/demand up and to avoid having to put incentives into this car, Cadillac is purposefully keeping the supply on the low to non-existant side. Much like the XLR, Cadillac is trying to make this car retain more residual value (build quality will help on that) and to make it sell for closer to MSRP because of high demand and low inventory.

If you're lucky/fortunate enough to get one, it will probably be good for the resale value but it makes finding one (and negotiating for one) a real challenge.

Best of luck in your search!

Regards,

John

Slick V
11-17-04, 11:23 PM
Im asuming that the constraints were lifted, I saw a V8 STS4 with hud and all the toys get off the truck today. It had all of the factory plastics on it, so it wasnt just a demo transfer.

STSgirl
11-26-04, 11:33 AM
1SG may have been built, but both AWD and K59 (adaptive cruise control) are still on hold. See Internet sites mentioned in this forum.

Edwin M.

The K59 and AWD have been taken off constraint. I got a call early this week from the local dealership and they said that my 1SG w/ AWD and ACC order has been acknowledged. I even have an order number FINALLY and it shoudl be here in early January. Let's hope there are NO more holdup's as I've been waiting for this car for a year now.

ellives
11-26-04, 11:48 AM
The K59 and AWD have been taken off constraint. I got a call early this week from the local dealership and they said that my 1SG w/ AWD and ACC order has been acknowledged. I even have an order number FINALLY and it shoudl be here in early January. Let's hope there are NO more holdup's as I've been waiting for this car for a year now.

A year? I hope you haven't actually had it on order for a year... I've been waiting my lifetime for an AWD Cadillac but haven't ordered one yet.

STSgirl
11-26-04, 09:27 PM
A year? I hope you haven't actually had it on order for a year... I've been waiting my lifetime for an AWD Cadillac but haven't ordered one yet.

Last Thanksgiving, I brought home an SRX for an overnight test drive and was really considering it. But I wasn't to thrilled with the upper-rear end. Looked way too much like "granny's" station wagon.
Then my hubby saw a "preview" of the '05 STS in a moter trend magazine and I fell in love with it (this was the preview of the more "edgy" version before GM decided to soften it a bit). I decided to wait for it, and told the local dealership that I would order one as soon as it could be ordered. Well we all know how this has dragged on. I thought I'd order in July or August, and receive it in September. I even sold my '95 Seville in June because I wanted to unload it before it hit 100,000mi (it had about 97,000). So I've been waiting a LONG LONG time for my new STS.
I actually placed the order in October, but it was just accepted this week.
So MAYBE I'll actually have it in January (but I'm still not going to hold my breath).
I never knew I could be so patient :bouncy:

ellives
11-26-04, 10:17 PM
Last Thanksgiving, I brought home an SRX for an overnight test drive and was really considering it. But I wasn't to thrilled with the upper-rear end. Looked way too much like "granny's" station wagon.
Then my hubby saw a "preview" of the '05 STS in a moter trend magazine and I fell in love with it (this was the preview of the more "edgy" version before GM decided to soften it a bit). I decided to wait for it, and told the local dealership that I would order one as soon as it could be ordered. Well we all know how this has dragged on. I thought I'd order in July or August, and receive it in September. I even sold my '95 Seville in June because I wanted to unload it before it hit 100,000mi (it had about 97,000). So I've been waiting a LONG LONG time for my new STS.
I actually placed the order in October, but it was just accepted this week.
So MAYBE I'll actually have it in January (but I'm still not going to hold my breath).
I never knew I could be so patient :bouncy:

I'd rather have them delay and get the car right when I get it. Manufacturers too often ship before the product is ready, disappointing people more than they would be by delaying further. We're all impatient but quality disappointments are fatal.

Ells

DG2
11-26-04, 10:26 PM
I'd rather have them delay and get the car right when I get it. Manufacturers too often ship before the product is ready, disappointing people more than they would be by delaying further. We're all impatient but quality disappointments are fatal.

Ells
Amen to that!!