: Front suspension clunk when driving slow . Nobody can find the cause, driving me nuts

MrMaschine
12-19-11, 06:25 PM
Very frustrated with this noise now as it appears something is loose or failing.

few weeks back my lower control arms came loose because the dealer never did the wheel alignment properly. I had to have the car towed. Prior to that I removed the black rubber shock cap to cure the squeak from the D3 springs and it worked great. No clunk then and no noise, now its not squeaking but clunking.

I had the dealer fix it but they never aligned the car. I have been hearing this clunk around the same time the lower control arms came loose.

I had the car aligned professionally at a race shop and i am so happy how it feels. Its like a different car. the dealer specs were so off it would be sad to post up.

Every time the car hits mild to little bumps i hear a clunk. It almost resembles a cluck you would get from a race heim joint sway bar end link. I had my private shop check every nut and nothing is loose.

The shocks are not leaking and the car drives and handles fine. I just do not know what is going on here.

In the morning if i turn the wheel left and right when parked at first start up i hear a clunk when the car is cold. I am starting to think its in the steering rack but nobody has a way to diagnose this.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Veho
12-21-11, 01:22 AM
Hmmm, I just got my Vagon BD edition and hear a "clicking" or "clunk" sound at low speeds. Still havnt figured out if its from breaking or turning at low
speeds (havent driven the car much yet). Also not sure where the sound is coming from seems to be in front of the car but not sure if its left or right side or
both.. I read about the "wheel clicking" so not sure if maybe my problem is just that? I am about to take my car in for service to change and or top off fluids (specially the diff) so wanna have these problems fixed all at once...

----------

Oh forgot to add, I have Hennessey springs could that be my problem??

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-22-11, 02:04 PM
MrMaschine,
If you would like to send me your contact information (name, phone number, address, email address) along with VIN number, mileage and the name of your local dealer I would like to look into this for you.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

Houdini
12-22-11, 02:22 PM
sway bar bushings? This was a big issue on the V1s...especially when the weather turns cold. I had the problem and after the bushings and endlinks were replaced...no more clunk.

MrMaschine
12-27-11, 10:11 AM
sway bar bushings? This was a big issue on the V1s...especially when the weather turns cold. I had the problem and after the bushings and endlinks were replaced...no more clunk.

Yeah I am almost certain it is coming from the sway bar end links but they are OEM and look to be fine but who knows if they have play under load. its too cold for me to crawl under anymore to even check things il see how it goes til the remainder of the winter.