: Identify Load Level Option on my 2010 STS

Mack 4
12-19-11, 05:35 PM
I have a 2010 Cadillac STS rear wheel drive with the Luxry Level 2 Package with 7000 miles. How do I tell or identify if my STS has level control? Thank You, George

turnne
12-19-11, 06:18 PM
I thought level control was a standard feature on the STS?

Warren

EChas3
12-19-11, 10:49 PM
I remember reading that MRC models use a different level metering system than the others. I too, think leveling is standard equipment.

The V8 AWD w' MRC also gets the following suspension RPO's:

6SD - COMPONENT SUSPENSION
7SD - COMPONENT SUSPENSION
8HJ - SUSPENSION
9HJ - SUSPENSION

My wife's 2007 RWD V8 (Hertz)

6LJ - SUSPENSION
7LJ - SUSPENSION COMPONENT
8HC - COMPONENT SUSPENSION
9HC - COMPONENT SUSPENSION
JJA - PT DRESS SUBASSEMBLY INSTALLED (?)
JJD - I/P SUBASSEMBLY NOT INSTALLED (?)
JJL - SUSPENSION FRONT NOT INSTALLED
JJM - SUSPENSION REAR NOT INSTALLED

ddalder
12-20-11, 12:02 AM
For the 2010 model year (directly from the GM STS Vehicle Order Guide):

G64 - Automatic Level Control, Self Adjusting

Check for this code on the Service Parts Identification label located on the underside of the spare tire cover.

This is standard equipment with 1SE. With 1SC it is included with equipment group. It is not available with the 1SA or 1SG packages. It is available with 1SB when:

Included and only available when (P40) 18" x 8" (45.7cm x 20.3cm) polished cast aluminum wheels and (Q12) P235/50R18 front and 255/45R18 rear Michelin, W-rated, all-season blackwall tires are ordered with AWD. Additional cost will apply.

skexius
12-20-11, 12:54 AM
I have a 2010 Cadillac STS rear wheel drive with the Luxry Level 2 Package with 7000 miles. How do I tell or identify if my STS has level control? Thank You, George

Mack4,

I can answer this question for you. Your car must be the V6 model STS because the Luxury Level 2 option package is only used on the V6.

The RPO code is 'G64'. It is the Automatic Load Leveling system used on all STSs that do not have the Magnetic Ride Control system - RPO code 'F55'.

There is a difference in the two types of Automatic Level Control systems on the STS. The V6 STS only uses RPO code 'G64', which are Nivomat shocks created by the ZF Sachs company. They are non-electronic levelling shocks. Look up 'Nivomat Shocks' in your favorite search engine to learn more about how they work.

The Magnetic Ride Control system uses the more traditional air shock rubber bladders with an air compressor, plastic air lines attached to them both, and ride height position sensors to raise and lower the rear suspension when needed.

Automatic Level Control is not standard on all STSs. It depends on which trim level you have. The top-of-the-line V6 STS - RPO code '1SC' and the base model V8 STS - RPO code '1SE', have Automatic Level Control - RPO code 'G64' as standard equipment. The top-of-the-line V8 STS - RPO code '1SG' has Magnetic Ride Control with Electronic Automatic Level Control as standard equipment.

For the V6 STS, there are three basic trim level option packages - RPO codes '1SA', '1SB', and '1SC'. '1SA' is the base model V6 STS. '1SB' is the middle-of-the-line and most common V6 STS. '1SC' is the top-of-the-line and most performance-oriented V6 STS. All other individual options and packages are built upon these trims.

The Luxury Level 2 option package - RPO code 'Y41' is optional on the '1SB' trim level and standard on the '1SC' trim level. So, your car must be eiher a '1SB' or '1SC' car. Automatic Level Control - RPO code 'G64' is included with and only available on the '1SB' trim level if you have the All-Wheel Drive system - RPO code 'MX7', the 18-inch staggered tires front and back - RPO code 'Q12', and 18-inch polished aluminum wheels - RPO code 'P40'.

Since your car is a rear-wheel drive model, we will need to know if your car is the '1SB' trim level or the '1SC' trim level to determine if you have Automatic Level Control on your car.

Please check the RPO codes sticker in your trunk to look for and confirm these options on your car. Let us know if you find something different than the above options.

Hope this helps!

skexius

ddalder
12-20-11, 01:53 AM
So I'm curious where you found this information and what model year it applies to?

----------

The reason I ask is because I have VOG's for 2009, 2010 and 2011. Each is different to some degree, including the options being discussed here.

skexius
12-20-11, 07:13 AM
So I'm curious where you found this information and what model year it applies to?

----------

The reason I ask is because I have VOG's for 2009, 2010 and 2011. Each is different to some degree, including the options being discussed here.

ddalder,

The information in my above post can be found at this GM website for the time being (it will disappear in the middle of 2012):

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2010&addOptions=true&regionID=1&divisionID=5&type=0&vehicleID=8506&section=oi_def&page=1&pagenum=1&butID=3

This is directly from the horse's mouth (GM) as it were and is accurate. It is the same information as you posted above. I only described it in more detail. It obviously applies to the 2010 Model year, the year the original poster, Mack4, is asking about. Since the 2011 V6 STS did not change much, the above information also applies the same for it.

skexius

GreaseMonkey
12-20-11, 01:51 PM
Post your VIN and I can provide the full build sheet for you.

Mack 4
12-20-11, 08:57 PM
Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of " THE FORUM" members who responded to my question regarding codes for auto-level control. Mack 4

----------

To GreaseMonkey: vin number is:1G6DU6EV8AO121327 . Thanks, Mack 4

ddalder
12-20-11, 10:28 PM
ddalder,

The information in my above post can be found at this GM website for the time being (it will disappear in the middle of 2012):

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2010&addOptions=trueŽionID=1&divisionID=5&type=0&vehicleID=8506§ion=oi_def&page=1&pagenum=1&butID=3

This is directly from the horse's mouth (GM) as it were and is accurate. It is the same information as you posted above. I only described it in more detail. It obviously applies to the 2010 Model year, the year the original poster, Mack4, is asking about. Since the 2011 V6 STS did not change much, the above information also applies the same for it.

skexius
I assumed we were probably getting information from similar sources which is why I asked. The item I left out is that ALC is included when magnetic ride control is present. The Vehicle Order Guide (VOG) is also a GM published document that provides all available options for a specific trim level, grouping options, etc. This of course includes a breakdown of 1SA, 1SB, 1SC, etc. It is primarily used by dealerships to provide direction on ordering specific vehicle configurations/option packages.

So as an example, without posting the entire guide, in 2009 magnetic ride control was availble/included in more option packages than in 2010. Interestingly, there is a big difference for 2011. Option "FE3 - Suspension, 4-wheel independent with Magnetic Ride Control" and "F55 - Chassis, Continuously Variable Real Time Damping" is not available on any STS. I had heard this somewhere and was skeptical until reading through the VOG.

There is definitely some varying information posted, even within GM. For example,

There was recently a thread regarding a member that purchased a new 2011 STS. The Cadillac website still references the fact that XM NavTraffic and OnStar Destination Download were available. Looking through the VOG last night, I ran across this amended posted at the end of the document:

Week of 6/28/2010
Effective 6/28/2010, the following changes will be made to the Vehicle Order Guide:
• Interior section-(UE1) OnStar, 1-year of Directions and Connections plan, removed "with Destination Download (requires
navigation radio) and OnStar e-Nav (where available)" from description.

The member was quite frustrated at the fact he believed this was available but was unable to get it to work, despite purchasing a valid subscription. There are no screen or menu options at all. The reality turns out to be it is not available, despite what their website indicates.

I'm always open to information from various sources because it seems that one side of the horse's mouth sometimes doesn't say what the other side is saying :)

GreaseMonkey
12-21-11, 08:46 AM
Thanks and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of " THE FORUM" members who responded to my question regarding codes for auto-level control. Mack 4

----------

To GreaseMonkey: vin number is:1G6DU6EV8AO121327 . Thanks, Mack 4

Vehicle Information

VIN: 1G6DU6EV8A0121327
Model: 6DW29-2010 STS V6 SEDAN

Service Contract: No
Branded Title: No
Warranty Block: No
PDI Status: Yes

Order Type: 70 - RETAIL - STOCK

Field Actions: 0 Open (http://www.cadillacforums.com/gmvis2/showOpenFieldActions.do?VIN=1G6DU6EV8A0121327&odometer=0)

Required Field Actions
Open field actions are highlighted

Vehicle has no current record of required field actions.

Branded Title

*The VIN information contained herein and information derived therefrom is the proprietary property of The Polk Company and is to be used only for the purpose of warranty verification and shall not be used for any other purpose whatsoever.

Vehicle has no current record of branded titles.

Warranty Block

Vehicle has no current record of warranty block.

Service Information

Vehicle has no current record of outstanding service information.

OnStar and XM Satellite Radio Information

Refer to Help page for details. For OnStar contact 888.ON.STAR1 (888.667.8271) and for XM Radio contact 877.GET.XMST (877.438.9677 Canada) and in the USA:800-556-3600.

OnStar Equipped: Y
OnStar Status: Active

XM Equipped: Y
XM Radio ID: N6DY32RR
XM Status: Active

OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics: Y
DMN Enabled: N

Applicable Warranties
Valid warranties are highlighted

ValidDescriptionWarranty Add DateStart DateEffective OdometerEnd DateEnd Odometer

Powertrain Limited Warranty
09/29/2011
03/19/2010
26 MI
03/19/2015
100,026 MI

Bumper to Bumper Limited Warranty
09/29/2011
03/19/2010
26 MI
03/19/2014
50,026 MI

Emission Select Component Ltd Wty
09/29/2011
03/19/2010
26 MI
03/19/2018
80,026 MI

Corrosion Limited Warranty
09/29/2011
03/19/2010
26 MI
03/19/2016
Unlimited

Service Contract

Vehicle has no current record of service contracts.

Transaction History
View Details (http://www.cadillacforums.com/gmvis2/showClaimHistoryDetail.do?VIN=1G6DU6EV8A0121327)

Job Card DateJob Card NumberTransaction TypeTransaction AdjustmentLabour OperationOdometer Reading

10/20/2011
ZREG----Regular Vehicle Transaction

R0760 - Radio, Remove and Replace
6,513 MI

10/20/2011

R0774 - NAVIGATION RADIO RECEIVER-RETURN TO AC/DELCO ESC
6,513 MI

09/21/2010

N0680 - Bulbs, Park And Turn Signal Lamp (Right) - Replace
2,530 MI

09/21/2010

B4155 - Outside Rearview Mirror Replacement - Right Side
2,530 MI

04/26/2010

B4152 - Outside Rearview Mirror Housing Replacement
1,253 MI

04/26/2010

E0203 - Tire and Wheel Balancing - Four
1,253 MI

04/26/2010

C1095 - Front Side Door Auxiliary Weatherstrip Replacement - Right Side
1,253 MI

12/09/2009
A21327
ZPDI----Pre-Delivery Inspection

Z7000 - Pre-Delivery Inspection - Base Time
1 MI

Vehicle Build

Model: 6DW29-2010 STS V6 SEDAN
Order Number: NPTP00

Gross Vehicle Weight: 2,250
Build Date: 12/08/2009

Build Plant: 0-

Option Codes

*IVH is not the definitive source of GM Vehicle RPO information and is intended for service reference only. Should there be any questions about the vehicle's original build or RPO information please refer to the original vehicle invoice or window sticker.

01D - TRIM COLOR SEAT
03F - SAPELE WOOD TRIM PACKAGE

1AE - TRIM COLOR DR PANEL LT
1SB - 1SB LUXURY PACKAGE * MULTI-DRIVER MEMORY SETTINGS * POWER LUMBAR, FRONT * HEATED/VENTILATED FRONT SEATS * HEATED REAR OUTBOARD SEATS * HEATED AND LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL * SAPELE WOOD TRIM ON CENTER STACK, CONSOLE, SHIFT KNOB, INSTRUMENT PANEL, DOOR TRIM AND STEERING WHEEL * AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, BOSE SPEAKER SYSTEM (REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO) * RAINSENSE WINDSHIELD WIPERS * UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE * CONVENIENCE NET, CARGO

1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS
2A5 - MOLDING DOOR

3A6 - MOLDING I/P
4BG - INTERIOR TRIM

5AB - KNOB SAPELE
6ZK - SUSPENSION

7ZK - SUSPENSION
8YB - SUSPENSION

9YB - SUSPENSION
A45 - MULTI-DRIVER MEMORY SETTINGS

AFB - CASHMERE
AL0 - SENSOR INDICATOR INFLATABLE RESTRAINT, FRT PASS/CHILD PRESENCE DETECTOR

AL2 - PWR SEAT ADJUST-FRONT PASSENGER / DRIVER, 10 WAY
AP9 - CONVENIENCE NET, CARGO

AQ9 - SEATS, FRONT BUCKET
AT8 - RR CHILD SEAT RESTRAINT

ATH - KEYLESS ACCESS - PASSIVE ENTRY
AXJ - VEHICLE TYPE PASSENGER CAR

AY0 - FRONT & SIDE IMPACT AIRBAGS, DRIVER & FRONT PASSENGER / HEAD CURTAIN SIDE AIRBAGS, FRONT/REAR
BTM - KEYLESS ACCESS -KEYLESS IGNITION

BTR - IDENTIFICATION RECONCILIATION
BTV - KEYLESS ACCESS-REMOTE START

CE4 - HEADLAMP WASHERS
CF5 - POWER SUNROOF

CJ2 - DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL
DCP - ONSTAR DIRECTIONS AND CONNECTIONS 1 YEAR FACTORY PACKAGE

DD8 - INSIDE REARVIEW MIRROR, AUTO DIMMING
DR2 - POWER, HEATED OUTSIDE MIRRORS

EBS - SEAT TRIM - LEATHER
EF7 - COUNTRY USA

FE1 - 4 WHEEL INDEPENDENT SUSPENSION
FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS

FFG - DOOR TRIM LEATHER
GGX - TUSCAN BRONZE CHROMAFLAIR

GU5 - AXLE REAR, 3.23 RATIO
JJB - PT DRESS SUBASSEMBLY INSTALLED

JJD - I/P SUBASSEMBLY NOT INSTALLED
JJL - SUSPENSION FRONT NOT INSTALLED

JJM - SUSPENSION REAR NOT INSTALLED
JL9 - ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM, 4 WHEEL DISC

KA6 - SEATS, HEATED REAR OUTBOARD
KB6 - HEATED/VENTILATED FRONT SEATS

KG4 - GENERATOR, 150 AMP
LLT - ENGINE,3.6L 302 HP V6 DI

MX0 - TRANSMISSION, 6 SPD AUTOMATIC
MYB - TRANSMISSION, 6-SPD AUTOMATIC

N31 - HEATED & LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL
N93 - 17" POLISHED ALUMINUM WHEELS

NT7 - EMISSION - FEDERAL
QKS - P235/50R17 ALL SEASON TIRES

R7E - LICENSE PLATE BRACKET CHARGE
R9N - PROCESSING CODE - SEAT

SLM - STOCK ORDERS
T4F - HEADLAMPS, HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE W/ ADAPTIVE FORWARD LIGHTING

T90 - LAMP SIGNAL AND MARKER
TQ5 - HEADLAMPS, INTELLIBEAM-HIGH BEAM CONTROL

U2K - XM SATELLITE RADIO - SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION SOLD SEPARATELY BY SIRIUS/XM AFTER 90 DAYS
U30 - DRIVER INFORMATION CENTER

UA6 - THEFT DETERRENT ALARM SYSTEM
UE1 - 1 YR ONSTAR DIRECTIONS W/AUTO- MATIC CRASH RESPONSE & TURN-BY -TURN NAVIGATION (ASK DEALER ABOUT GEOGRAPHIC COVERAGE)

UG1 - UNIVERSAL HOME REMOTE
UJM - TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM

UPF - BLUETOOTH FOR PHONE
UY5 - 15 SPEAKERS DELUXE

V8D - VEHICLE STATEMENT US
VH9 - ENVELOPE, OWNER INFO MANUAL

VJT - PANEL CENTER FIGURED SAPELE
VK3 - FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET PACKAGE

VRK - ROOF TRIM
VT7 - OWNERS MANUAL, ENGLISH

XL7 - FREQUENCIES RATING, 315MHZ
Y41 - V6 LUXURY LEVEL TWO PACKAGE: * HEADLAMPS, HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE WITH WASHER AND INTELLIBEAM-HIGH BEAM CONTROL * AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, BOSE 5.1 STUDIO SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM, DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM (REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO) (DELETES COMPASS IN MIRROR)

YQ4 - AM/FM STEREO, 6 DISC CD CHANGER, BOSE 5.1 STUDIO SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM, DVD NAVIGATION SYSTEM (REPLACES STD/OPT RADIO) (DELETES COMPASS IN MIRROR)
ZAA - TIRE, COMPACT SPARE (REPLACES TIRE INFLATOR KIT)

Mack 4
12-21-11, 11:33 AM
Thankyou GreaseMonkey: This is very helpful. Do you know what the build codes; 6ZK, 7ZK, 8YB and 9YB refer to ? ( suspension) They show as installed but I do not know what they refer to.

GreaseMonkey
12-22-11, 08:43 AM
Thankyou GreaseMonkey: This is very helpful. Do you know what the build codes; 6ZK, 7ZK, 8YB and 9YB refer to ? ( suspension) They show as installed but I do not know what they refer to.

Off hand I'm not sure. I was hoping someone else in this thread would be able to answer that question. :D

ddalder
12-22-11, 10:29 PM
I may be wrong here, but in some other GM models this seems to refer to a suspension component/assembly. One for each corner of the car. My guess is a specific sub-assembly/optimization method (LF, LR. RF, RR).

dkozloski
12-24-11, 07:00 PM
If you have HID headlights you have load leveling of some kind.

mastadan20
12-24-11, 10:19 PM
1g6dw677160193132

ddalder
12-24-11, 10:27 PM
1g6dw677160193132
This car has FE1 suspension which is "Independent Suspension w/Auto Rear Level". It has T84 RH Rule of the road headlamps, which are not HID.

mastadan20
12-24-11, 10:37 PM
ok thanks

dkozloski
12-25-11, 12:15 AM
HIDs and load leveling are tied together to the extent that HID equipped cars will have load leveling and non-HID may or may not. The idea is to keep the HID lights out of the oncoming driver's eyes.