: Dealership faith restored

M5eater
12-19-11, 03:41 PM
So after my ordeal with Colonial Caddilac, I was in the market for a new place to go. I thought maybe Duke Cadillac could fill that need; they're a small dealership and they're not a stand-alone Cadillac Dealer like Colonial was.

I called to make my first apointment and discovered before I even made it there that
1) they do not respond to voicemails
2) are unwilling to give me a loaner car.
I Explained that I have a 25mile commute to work every day in the opposite direction and would need one if I brought it in for service.. the resistance I met was odd, and I was told I would need a followup on tuesday to see if one was even avaliable, but basicly they didn't want to give me one because they didn't know how long it would take? :hmm:

I didn't know why It mattered, even Colonial was quick to give me a car regardless if it was an all-day thing or a 30minuite problem checker. This sort of turned me off to them instantly. If I have to wake up a half-hour earlier to drive 15minuites out of the way into downtown and fight for a loaner it might not work out all that well.

then I had a crazy idea; why not Hall Chevrolet down the street? good points
1) although the bodyshop isn't fantastic (what high-volume shop is?) they did do good work warranty wise on the G8
2) I knew the service writers there already

Stroll on into the place today around 11:00 Everyone eye-googles the V :bonkers: I get the usual questions and high-fives for the upgrade from the G8.
I explain my concerns, and tell the service writer(this is a new one that I haven't met before) how picky I am and how I expect ZR1 quality care.

Next I mean Dan- the senior tech for the day.. we have to go for a drive to diagnose some stuff(one of my requests was to ride along if any driveability diagnosis has to be done), talk for a bit.. and I eventually l tell him to go for it once or twice. Which seemd to open him up a bit, good guy, a real car guy.

So we head back to the dealer, of course the noises aern't playing nice. :thepan:

we drive into the garage-- he says 'stick around, I'm sure you'll find it more interesting in here than the waiting room'

+1 Hall and Dan..

we go through the bulletins for the V to find out that I need a software update (my trunk pops open when the car is locked and I open/close the trunk and then go to open the driver door)
and we find out the marble sounding noise comming from the supercharger is also normal (tyvm isolator bushing-- I KNEW it was that POS thing making that noise)

+1 Hall and Dan.

Then we head to lunch-- weirdly to the same chick-filet >_>
I head back, and tell him that noise from the recaro's is back, and i'm 90% sure it's comming from the bolster. I heard a pop a while ago and it'll make a clicking noise when driving. Maybe because I'm a little slimer and it's only making it with someone of my 'figure' :histeric:

So he orders essentially the entire rear portion of the recaro frame, *and* it's in stock @ lansing! woot!

then I ask about modifications, what goes and what doesn't, essentially anything sans PCM or TCM tunes are OK and fully covered-- I wanted an exhaust and maybe intake but was afraid of warranty voiding,
+1 Hall and Dan.

So, in short, I think I've found the perfect dealership, people I know, a tech who I acutally enjoy spending time with, and can at will walk into the garage should I choose to watch how things are done. They're just as willing to put me in an enterprise rental(Colonial gave me a Cadillac, but o well), and it's acutally the closest dealership that I live next to.

it just happens that it's not acutally a Caddy dealer.

Houdini
12-19-11, 07:31 PM
It's awesome to find a great dealer. I gladly pass up the dealership 2 minutes from my house just to go to a top notch place 40 minutes away in a diff state. It is so worth the extra drive to me...night and day difference. Actually, the Caddy dealership I go to is owned by Enterprise Leasing Company. Enterprise is a service oriented company and it really shows at this place: Elco Cadillac in Ballwin MO.

M5eater
12-19-11, 08:02 PM
It's awesome to find a great dealer. I gladly pass up the dealership 2 minutes from my house just to go to a top notch place 40 minutes away in a diff state. It is so worth the extra drive to me...night and day difference. Actually, the Caddy dealership I go to is owned by Enterprise Leasing Company. Enterprise is a service oriented company and it really shows at this place: Elco Cadillac in Ballwin MO.

That's definitaly crazy, there are a plethora of options around my area, but luckily it appears I won't ned to look any further.

OFFSHORE241
12-19-11, 08:25 PM
Thats great news.........wish I had the same

MarshallsCTSV
12-19-11, 08:37 PM
That's great to know. I live just up the road from you. I haven't had to take my V in for anything yet but when needed was going to take it to Holiday up in Williamsburg. Before I bought my V, I took a quick tour of the service area and had a good chat with the Head Service Manager. Was very impressed. If they give me any issues though, I know where to go. Thanks again.

JimmyH
12-19-11, 09:05 PM
I went well out of my way to go to a great dealer. Most of them in this area are not that great.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-20-11, 09:19 AM
It is a good feeling when you meet someone that understands what you are going through and wants to get things fixed and right for you. Hats off to Hall Chevrolet!
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

GM-4-LIFE
12-20-11, 04:01 PM
M5eater,

Very nice to hear. My trunk pops open when my car is locked too! Can you get me the bulletin number, so I can give it to my dealer? They were unwilling to look up the condition for me when I complained about it.

Can you PM it to me?

SoCalCTSV
01-12-12, 01:20 PM
Is a rental car complimentary when bringing car in for an oil change?