: Upgrade firmware?

06 STS
12-19-11, 02:32 PM
I wanted to get the firmware upgraded in my 06 STS. I am having issues with the bluetooth. I thought I read someplace a while back that the updated firmware is on the newer navigation disks. From what I gathered the part number had a U at the end of them. Can anyone confirm this? Or is it a trip to the dealer?

nathanjax
12-19-11, 07:26 PM
1) The nav disc just updates the streets and street info. Most current disc can be found here www.gmnavdisc.com. It has NOTHING to do with any diagnostics, suspension, bluetooth, or radio functions. The latest nav disc is : Version 7.0 pn 20980238.

2) Bluetooth and phone issue could be a software issue and have nothing to do with navigation, except it uses the same screen to check. Software info is only done by the dealer and they would check to see if it's up to date with their system. I tried a quick search and couldn't find the exact info on this. Maybe someone else will chime in.

06 STS
12-19-11, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the info. Is there a way to see what version of the firmware on installed without going to the dealer?

EChas3
12-19-11, 09:47 PM
Thanks to our friends on the STS-V Forum, here are the instructions for getting into the Navigation Diagnostics where you can also check firmware levels. (No, there isn't a way to eliminate the need for a Lockpick.)

On newer Navigation Units, there's a different code. I'm looking...

Cick Here! (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/95755-nav-screen-diagnostic-mode-instructions.html)

After my Navi upgrade in January 2009, the following codes changed:

Navi: 0FC15
Soft Rel: 6-03/29(6088)
Audio: 01.0C