: Where is management and what's up with the classifieds?

detroitrust
12-18-11, 09:51 PM
Ok, couldn't find a section to post in and this looked like the best option.

I can't figure how to ask "management" about the classified ad section. There are ads dating back to 2006! The search section there is difficult to pinpoint a product or car.

Can't we delete the majority of these and make it user friendly? More efficient use may spark more participation by both sellers and buyers. 60 pages and half are old and some solds.

Thanks for listening. ... where'd i put my drink...?

hueterm
12-18-11, 09:59 PM
There is a Feedback forum...

Jesda
12-19-11, 05:14 AM
Moved from The Lounge to Feedback Forum.

Lord Cadillac
12-19-11, 07:07 PM
Our new classifieds area is a lot easier to use:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-classifieds-marketplace/

It's fairly new so it's slow at the moment...

Stingroo
12-19-11, 07:23 PM
If I may suggest: I would delete the old section and move all of the old ads into the proper category. Then purge any ad that's over 30 days old and start fresh with the new section. It will alleviate the confusion and lack of interest from the old section, and jump start the usage of the new.

Lord Cadillac
12-20-11, 10:28 AM
If I may suggest: I would delete the old section and move all of the old ads into the proper category. Then purge any ad that's over 30 days old and start fresh with the new section. It will alleviate the confusion and lack of interest from the old section, and jump start the usage of the new.

If you're suggesting to merge to old system into the new, I don't have that option... Or am I misunderstanding?

Stingroo
12-20-11, 11:26 AM
Hmm... is there any way to independently copy the content from the old ads and put them into the new format?

JimmyH
12-22-11, 04:47 PM
Hey Sal I think roo is offering to manually retype all the old ads to the new forum :D

Kingoftypos
12-22-11, 07:17 PM
Hey Sal I think roo is offering to manually retype all the old ads to the new forum :D

Ouch, that's gonna Sting---Roo.

Ha ha, I just made a funny. lol

KOT

ckirk14
12-26-11, 10:47 PM
Though the forum is neat, there is some clutter to it that makes for harder navigation when seen in the desktop version.

It is organized but the manner by which it is, does not really compliment that much. It really is confusing for the classifieds to have been moved though just easy to contend with when you get familiar with it already.

AAIIIC
02-12-12, 11:37 AM
In the sticky thread about the Classifieds, JimmyH posted (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/246706-classified-ad-help-if-you-have.html#post2827835) that the old system was removed due to security risks. However, from what I can see it is not only still in existence, but people are still generating new ads in the old system. I just bumped an old thread in which Lord Cadillac said he intended to shut down ad creation in the old system, and to remind him if he didn't do it soon. (That was back in September, and you can still create new ads in the old system, so I think it slipped his mind.)

While I agree that it is practical to try to transfer all those old ads over to the new system, I think something should be done. At the very least it would seem like purging old ads would be a step in the right direction. As already mentioned, there are ads dating back to 2006 in the old system; just kill anything that's over a year old. For the remaining ads, start an aggressive campaign to inform people that the old system will be terminated in _____ (30 days?) and that all ads need to be re-posted in the new system, or they will be lost.