: disc or dvd not playing error message

djoers
12-18-11, 07:38 PM
sorry if this has been discussed just looking for some help bought a used 2007 escalde esv at first it would not accept cd or dvd checked forum removed fuse as advised now its accepting only certain cds no dvds but runs very noisy not just some fan noise you can actually hear wine of cd spinning any advice

lee stehling
12-19-11, 04:52 PM
I also have 2007 and cant play DVD.Whats the problem?

hcvone
12-19-11, 05:48 PM
There are so many things it could be, kids sticking things in the slot, people cleaning the car and spraying cleaning products into the dvd slot just to name a few

PWGUNNY
12-20-11, 09:21 AM
When we recently purchased our used '08 from a dealer, they gave us a new Nav disc. The next day we tried to use the disc and it was giving us an error msg. that it was not a Nav DVD. We contacted the dealer and they mailed us another one. The new one works fine. If you are having a problem with the dvd, try a dvd cleaner. We have used this on our home video units and they worked 80% of the time. It's worth a try. Good luck.

Cadillac Cust Svc
12-21-11, 01:28 PM
PWGUNNY,
Did you try this on a disc for yourself? Or was it just a suggestion?
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

PWGUNNY
12-21-11, 03:23 PM
I've used this on DVD's that were not playing in the xbox system or the WII system. I used the disc cleaner that I bought for $5 at the video store and it was able to restore the disc back to it's original condition. It would be useful for a possibly damaged disc.