: MUSIC CONNECTION to BOSE?

eamc
11-07-04, 12:15 AM
Does anybody know whether STS models with the Bose sound system have a little microphone plug connection so you can play music from an iPod or similar device to the Bose speakers? Mercedes E and higher classes have such a connection (in tge glove compartment).

Edwin M.

WalkerRed
11-07-04, 12:17 AM
There's a AUX connection in the center console that has video and left/right audio in plust a ac adapter. I guess if you had the rca connection plugs for the ipod you could achieve this.

majax
11-07-04, 12:50 AM
Mac sells a lot of Ipod adapters on the Ipod webiste I am sure you could probably find something there to hook yourself up.

good luck

eamc
11-07-04, 11:13 AM
Thanks, WalkerRed,

This video/L audio/R audio console connection you have - which model sound system is it? The Bose-15 speaker, or the regular?

WalkerRed
11-08-04, 06:49 PM
I have the 15.1 Bost DTS sound system. I'm not sure if the regular audio system have this option or not. Anyone know????

tmosher
11-14-04, 11:22 PM
Don't know of any direct input adapter available as of yet, but if you have RCA jacks in your center console, that's the solution. Just need to find the right adapter to convert your output to rca.

itomich
11-27-07, 09:49 AM
Is there a such AUX jack on the 1996 STS? I have a CD player in the trunk and am wondering if I can rewire that somehow to accomodate the IPod. Any info or links would be appreciated.

Jesda
11-29-07, 06:48 AM
Is there a such AUX jack on the 1996 STS? I have a CD player in the trunk and am wondering if I can rewire that somehow to accomodate the IPod. Any info or links would be appreciated.

No there is not.