: Moving to Chicago in Jan.

cadzilla32
12-17-11, 01:49 PM
Hello - I am moving to Chicago in Jan and would like to get involved in local V events/clubs. Anything scheduled for 2012?

MacMuse
12-17-11, 02:28 PM
Usually a summer gathering, and possibly a Chicago Auto Show gathering in January.

Stay tuned here and in the Lounge for public announcements.

The forum for your particular model may have local gatherings as well.

GizmoQ
12-19-11, 02:32 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Hope to meet you at one or more of our meets.

cadzilla32
02-07-12, 11:00 PM
Thank you. Looking forward to it!

96Fleetwood
02-08-12, 08:59 AM
I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. Plenty of auto enthusiasts here but the events are limited to April-October due to winter weather.

Check out:

http://www.supercarsaturdays.com/

Most of the big races, shows, etc start in April. PM me and I can send you some links.

cadzilla32
02-09-12, 02:55 PM
I live in the western suburbs of Chicago. Plenty of auto enthusiasts here but the events are limited to April-October due to winter weather.

Check out:

http://www.supercarsaturdays.com/

Most of the big races, shows, etc start in April. PM me and I can send you some links.

Appreciate the link and I look forward to Spring. Cannot seem to PM, getting an error, so I a assume I am too new to the group. Will PM you for the links as soon as I am able.

bstiffmanofsteel
02-16-12, 01:35 AM
I am also in the west suburbs, fun city when you learn your way around.

Jesda
02-16-12, 02:42 AM
Despite the weather, Chicago is quite the town for auto enthusiasts.

cadzilla32
04-13-12, 02:10 PM
What dealer would you all recommend near Elmhurst? I need to take my V in to have the AC looked at.

Ranger
04-13-12, 09:22 PM
http://www.google.com/search?q=cadillac+dealer+elmhurst+ill&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

MacMuse
04-13-12, 10:43 PM
Heritage is close, but I don't get a sense that they are strong on the V side of things. Patrick in Schaumburg is easy to get to, but the Naperville store has a couple other area V customers from this forum.

I've had good experiences with Heritage (Service Writer Burrell takes good care of me). Is it good that a service writer knows me by name? Probably not. Patrick's aimed at a slightly younger crowd, little more high pressure or intense in the service area than Heritage. Never been to Naperville.

96Fleetwood
04-14-12, 08:23 AM
How has the move been so far? It is almost car show time! :thumbsup:

cadzilla32
04-15-12, 09:21 AM
Heritage is close, but I don't get a sense that they are strong on the V side of things. Patrick in Schaumburg is easy to get to, but the Naperville store has a couple other area V customers from this forum.

I've had good experiences with Heritage (Service Writer Burrell takes good care of me). Is it good that a service writer knows me by name? Probably not. Patrick's aimed at a slightly younger crowd, little more high pressure or intense in the service area than Heritage. Never been to Naperville.

Than you MacMuse! I think I may pop into Heritage given its closeness...willing to give them a shot.

----------

How has the move been so far? It is almost car show time! :thumbsup:

Move has been great! Despite all the hassle of unboxing our things and trying to find our way around we are thrilled to be back in the Midwest.

Looking forward to the car show season and itching to get my V out of the garage for fun :-). Joined the Supercar Saturdays FB group a couple of days ago but didn't see when the next event was schedule. Anything in late April?