: Man..all this Caddie bashing !

murphy
12-16-11, 08:32 PM
With all the Caddie bashing going around lately I thought I'd throw my .02 in..
The 10 things I really luv of my platinum 'lade
1- LED headlights
2- real olive wood dash
3- one touch up front windows
4- heated/cooled seats and cup holders
5- heated steering wheel
6- rain sense wipers
7- diamond white color
8- big V8 power and sound
9- beautiful wheels
10- made in North America

The Audi's, BMW's etc are great vehicles...I choose the Escalade for the things I like. Sure there are some things I don't especially care for and as with any vehicle, room for improvement but I enjoy driving it and am thankful I can (afford) own one
I also have an MDX, Honda Accord and Corvette..they are great vehicles too !
That's all !

2007caddy
12-16-11, 10:01 PM
My list

1. V8 power
2. Cashmere interior
3. Black Raven paint with the great touch of chrome
4. Interior Space
5. Reliability
6. Looks from the chicks when it's clean and shining
7. Front fascia
8. Original HIDs, LEDs and all aftermarket HID/LED mods
9. Wheels
10 and last but not least " the addiction to brand from inception "

Great thread MURPHY......

Big Windy Ext
12-17-11, 01:10 AM
Looks
Engine/Trans
It can tow
heated/cooled seats
Rainsense
Heated washer fluid
Hid headlights
22s
Midgate
It's a Cadillac!

quattrotman
12-17-11, 01:32 AM
OK, I'll play:

07 Quicksilver EXT
-V8 > sounds awesome
-Simple mechanicals allow me to do lots of stuff myself on the truck
-versitile midgate
-cooled seats (I even use them in winter)
-great looks...especially with the black 26's on (get tons of compliments)
-Front fascia
-blue cluster lighting
-factory remote start (love, love, love that)
-really good ride even with the 26's
-lots of interior room
-mileage (just kidding) :)

krieghoff
12-17-11, 06:34 AM
Everything!

hcvone
12-17-11, 06:59 AM
OK ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND MADE IN THE U.S.A., TO ME THE NUMBER ONE THING. :usflag:

crankedupforit
12-17-11, 01:31 PM
OK ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND MADE IN THE U.S.A., TO ME THE NUMBER ONE THING. :usflag:

Yep! and let's remember who invented the SUV and who continues to sell the most of them and set the benchmark in sales and customer satisfaction. I still think it's easier to take a world class "real" SUV and make it a luxury vehicle (Escalade)than take a world class luxury car (MB BMW etc.) and make it a "real" SUV.

2007caddy
12-17-11, 02:50 PM
Oh one more

- heated steering wheel, great in the winter months

MrHolland
12-17-11, 03:40 PM
Great thread Murphy. This is sure to give the "haters" something to hate. I wish everyone else could be as happy with their cars as we are. I Love Mine!!!!!

smiley47
12-17-11, 04:17 PM
As I recall, Rainsense was deleted after 2009. When was it added back and was it added on all Escalade models or just Platinum? My 2010 EXT doesn't have it but my less expensive 2010 SRX does. Go figure.

hcvone
12-17-11, 05:17 PM
As I recall, Rainsense was deleted after 2009. When was it added back and was it added on all Escalade models or just Platinum? My 2010 EXT doesn't have it but my less expensive 2010 SRX does. Go figure.

Yes the members have 2009 or earlier models with the rainsense wipers, not after that
:(

K9Caddy
12-17-11, 07:22 PM
Yes, we can turn this thread in reverse!! Now, all we need is 'Hannity'...

In... 3... 2... 1...

:)

SouthernCaddy
12-17-11, 09:03 PM
I love everything about my Escalade except changing the last spark plug on the passenger side....WTF? but I love everything else. Rides great, runs great, and the auto start and rain sense wipers along with the moving pedals.....all are very nice. And the sound system sounds great to....But hey it is a caddy who cant like that!!!

:)

raptorduck
12-20-11, 01:39 PM
My list:

- wife likes it
- 3 different kids can watch 3 different movies
- kids can't hit eachother cuz they can't reach eachother
- autodimming lights
- a real 3rd row
- real space behind the 3rd row when it is up

stater02
12-20-11, 03:55 PM
I'm in too:

1. Remote start - Range Rover and Infiniti's don't recommend it aftermarket and it's a $800-$1,000 cost if you decide to do it anyway.
2. OnStar Remotelink - GREAT feature. Added security knowing I can unlock my car if I forget my keys. Also, lots of COOL factor when showing it off to people.
3. Exhaust note - I hit the remote start when walking to my car after work just to see people's heads turn.
4. Masculine / powerful stance - I like to drive a car/truck that looks mean. This more than does the trick.
5. Prestige - Yes there are some things about it that seem cheap but at the end of the day, it's a Caddy baby!
6. One touch power down and up windows - I'm never going back!
7. Power liftgate - See above
8. Ventilated seats - Preventing the dreaded summer sweaty a$$...I'm now spoiled. Thanks Cadillac. Now I won't buy a car without them.
9. Tilt-down side view mirrors on reverse - Stopping curb-rash on your 22s since 2007!
10. GM ease of use - They make things so easy that it makes me feel like I could moonlight as a mechanic.