: If anyone is looking for Hankooks....

taken
12-16-11, 09:18 PM
Price is up. Tire Rack is up to $1028 for a set of 4 plus shipping and sales tax. Amazon has them at $910 for the set with no tax and free super saver shipping. Just grabbed a set to be ready for spring. They currently have 7 of the fronts and 6 rears with no more listed as on the way in case anyone is looking....

thebigjimsho
12-16-11, 11:03 PM
Ouch. I paid less from the TireRack w/ installation last May...

taken
12-16-11, 11:21 PM
Keep printing money and prices keep going up. Way of the world.

smackdownCTSV
12-16-11, 11:36 PM
Price is up. Tire Rack is up to $1028 for a set of 4 plus shipping and sales tax. Amazon has them at $910 for the set with no tax and free super saver shipping. Just grabbed a set to be ready for spring. They currently have 7 of the fronts and 6 rears with no more listed as on the way in case anyone is looking....

"Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $73.94"

taken
12-16-11, 11:47 PM
Yep. Soon enough they will close the loophole on sales tax for online purchases. Until then, I buy EVERYTHING on Amazon.

smackdownCTSV
12-16-11, 11:52 PM
That's from Amazon. They charge tax now to some states. Have been for a while since that law passed.

taken
12-17-11, 12:22 AM
Not in MA yet. I'm sure it's coming though.

darkwingfrog
12-17-11, 06:37 AM
Just bought a set localy, $1025 balanced mounted nitrogen and warranty.

JimmyH
12-17-11, 11:36 PM
Yep. Soon enough they will close the loophole on sales tax for online purchases. Until then, I buy EVERYTHING on Amazon.

Illinois has a new law that if you don't pay sales tax on an online purchase, you are supposed to pay the equivalent use tax on your tax return.

taken
12-17-11, 11:52 PM
Illinois has a new law that if you don't pay sales tax on an online purchase, you are supposed to pay the equivalent use tax on your tax return.

I think they have that in most states, but there is no enforcement.

jb_bgg
12-18-11, 03:10 PM
I just got a set the end of November for $846 delivered (no tax), and with an $80 rebate card total cost for just tires was $766... www.discounttires.com

elphil
12-18-11, 03:24 PM

Same in Arizona on the state income tax form. If you get audited the state will review your credit card charges for the year to determine how much state sales tax you must pay.

SecretWeapon
12-18-11, 04:21 PM
Illinois is a fascist police state with one foot in bankruptcy court. That was why I moved away from there. Run away while you still can.

JimmyH
12-18-11, 05:44 PM
Illinois is a fascist police state with one foot in bankruptcy court. That was why I moved away from there. Run away while you still can.

No argument here. But I can still eat better here than anywhere else in the world I have ever been so I am gonna hang in there for a little while.